What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

parra pete

Referee
I don't normally repsond to your messages raider pete as, well tbh I find them a little tiresome, especially when you pay out on a club that is very close to my heart. I could never change teams... however that quote, that is gold :lol: I know its probably been used before but it was just what I needed to read.

On another note, whole else is coming to watch newtown and parra's second string side on saturday?

Mate I started following Parramatta in 1960, full on, after watching on and off in 1958, 1959.
My godfather was Parramatta's first hooker, George Cook. I hardly missed a game from 1960 until 1966 when I was transferred to the bush.
I remained fanatical until the mid 2000s when my keenness started to wane. The sacking of Daniel Anderson as coach...no, not the actual sacking - but the way it was done, made me think to myself, "This is NOT the Club that I have supported for over 50 years"...
I have some great mates involved with the Raiders, so I switched my NRL interests to them.
The NRL is not the same to me as it was during my peak time of interest. Once I was unbearable if the side got beaten. Now, it is just a matter of fact.
I preferred the days when a man's handshake meant something, and when a written contract was 'gospel'. Now I wonder why they even bother to sign contracts for more than 12 months..
BUT you enjoy your footy the way you want to enjoy it. Don't let an old goat like me influence you (and I know I won't). I've enjoyed my time..you enjoy yours.

Jack Boyle.jpg

Stagger eel

Staff member
so how are you going to stop the knife going into Golden boy Furner's back???...oh! hold on his family basicaly own the club...don't they?

parra pete

Referee
so how are you going to stop the knife going into Golden boy Furner's back???...oh! hold on his family basicaly own the club...don't they?

:lol: Yep, just about own it....No knifing there Stagger....get ready for a winning run..two so far...The godfather basically owns your mob...No knifing there at all..none needed....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
2 games in 2 days, that should get the blob to shed a bit

although he wouldn't be too exhausted from last night

Stagger eel

Staff member
This appears to be the TV game also..this is arguably wendy's strongest line up in a number of years

jono

Juniors
Wendy's - I'll have a hotdog with cheese , mustard and tomato sauce , followed by a double scoop of Soft serve icecream thanks

Last edited:
4 Gone. Wenty score
Ant to Morts, to Fluke to Walker and Savage scores in the corner.

Goal, missed by Aaron Fluke

Jets 0 vs Magpies 4

NumberOne

Juniors
Interesting Carl is playing....thought if you played a higher grade, you can't play a lower one that same weekend.

Are Walker and Mortimer starting?

13 Gone, off the resulting set, Wenty concede a line break, then a Penalty 10 out. Newtown Score though a Karl Deeb (10) charge over right near the sticks.
The Goal is converted
Jets 6 - 4 Wenty

22 Gone, Try Wenty 8 Pele Peletelese from a quick dart by Ant from dummy half and Pele goes 20 meters untouched.

Goal successful, Aaron Fluke.

Jets 6 vs Wenty 10

Status
Not open for further replies.