What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delboy

First Grade
O'Hanlon and Maitua are both playing, Reni apprently is killing it. Humble at 5/8, Morts at 7, Walker at fullback

Tony Bongo

Bench
Humble was outstanding at 5/8 today and kicked 5 from 5 from all over the park. If we sign him it could be a case of rocks,paper, scissors between him, Burty and Sandow for goal kicking duties. I think his signing is a priority and I see a lot more potential in him than what Roberts has to offer.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Humble was outstanding at 5/8 today and kicked 5 from 5 from all over the park. If we sign him it could be a case of rocks,paper, scissors between him, Burty and Sandow for goal kicking duties. I think his signing is a priority and I see a lot more potential in him than what Roberts has to offer.

I was very impressed with his goal kicking this afternoon.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Speed and footwork are worth their weight in gold so it would be good if Humble could work his way into the NRL team.

I'd say the fact Humble is playing in the halves for Wenty is a trial of his utility value pending our contract offer. Because if he's going to play first grade for us it will be in the 6 jersey, If he wears the 1 it will be as a backup.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I thought Morts played better than Humble today..made a couple of errors but really rolled his sleaves up and sterred the boys around the park.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Walker was disallowed the first try for Wenty, which from not to far away from me looked like a try. He got up and was astonished that it wasnt given, then gave the touchie a gobful.

Captain BF

Juniors
Walker was disallowed the first try for Wenty, which from not to far away from me looked like a try. He got up and was astonished that it wasnt given, then gave the touchie a gobful.
Yeah, i have to agree. Deadset try. The ball was pulled out after he scored. 100% a try! I started off sitting in that corner but moved out of the shadows and sat in the sun.

Nikki

Coach
There was a nice crowd out at Ringrose today.. Most seemed to be Reni's mates tho. First chance I actually got to see him game today, was quite impressed!

Gronk

Staff member
Was Fluke injured, dropped or did he play hooker like he did for some of the sharks game ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
sounds like a few of us were there today and would like their opinion on some of the individual performances, here's my take on a few of them.

Humble: played five eight but really didn't set the world allight, was overshadowed by a more committed and enthusastic Morts..

Morts: steered the team really well, his kicking game has improved and we even saw a rare 40/20 from the kid, some of his execution again let him down but over all signs were very positive.

Walker: played fullback, his clean up work was shit house but was our most dangerious in attack and was alaways at the end of some really classy backline movement, score a terrific try in the 2nd half.

Pele: probably our best player in the 2nd half really cause the opposition some headaches up the middle and set up a great try for Armit.

Reni: had a major impact in the first half, particularly in the left edge and may of played his last game for wenty as SK is going to find it difficult to ignore him for future selections.

Pat O'Hanlon: had a run of the bench and really matched it up against his more mature older opoosition.

Mat Ryan: played right edge backrow, very solid performance for his second hit out for his club.

Status
Not open for further replies.