What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

parra pete

Referee
Jamie Lyon scored his in first grade----against Cronulla in 2003, from memory. The night Peachey got sent off. I think the Eels won 70-6....

Actually, I just looked it up it was 74-4..

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jamie Lyon scored his in first grade----against Cronulla in 2003, from memory. The night Peachey got sent off. I think the Eels won 70-6....

Actually, I just looked it up it was 74-4..

yep..that would be correct, but I thought we were talking about reggies, sorry.

caylo

Bench
It is possible that Anderson is looking to call Kelly up into 5-8 and moving Mateo back at lock to strengthen the pack. I think its a long strength, but if reports are true that he is going to melbourne why now. He is young and is going to be erratic (I would imagine; which half isnt) so I don't see the point.

Runaround Man

Juniors
I was out at Henson Park watching the game because my 8 yr old son plays for Newton and it was juniors day - I don't think the result inspired many of the juniors - great ground though - they actually sell KB.

Newtown looked so soft in the first half - Wenty looked purposeful and crisp with most things they did. Saw Steve Turvy Mortimer out there.

I felt like it was 1979 - great ground.

cgee221

Juniors
I was gonna go over to Henson today with dad to watch the game. He's a massive Jets supporter and used to play with them. He ended up being sick and we didn't go :( but once I told him the score he was glad we didn't! haha :D

wittyz chick

Coach
Kelly played well.. Wasn't fantastic.. If he's permanently playing for Wenty I want to see him string together several good matches before getting a call-up

Was a good game though and the ground has levelled out!! I remember Dave Williams trying to kick goals from the sideline and was running uphill :lol:

wittyz chick

Coach
Bundy Cup are taking on Southern Districts today at Forshaw Park at 3pm. If anyone's able to get a score from that match will be greatly appreciated. :D

Next wk. NSW Cup have the week off due to a split round and will play on Saturday the 30th of May against NZ at Mt Smart Stadium at 11am. [I think our time]

Bundy Cup playing on Saturday the 23rd of May against Cabramatta at New Era Stadium at 5:30pm

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bundy Cup are taking on Southern Districts today at Forshaw Park at 3pm. If anyone's able to get a score from that match will be greatly appreciated. :D

Next wk. NSW Cup have the week off due to a split round and will play on Saturday the 30th of May against NZ at Mt Smart Stadium at 11am. [I think our time]

Bundy Cup playing on Saturday the 23rd of May against Cabramatta at New Era Stadium at 5:30pm

so are you flying over??

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Difference between Kelly and all those guys is Kelly is a freak and a future rep. hopefully he stays with us. I can see him at 5/8 partnering keating.

you don't think people were saying the same thing about the other guys when they were untested rookies playing reserve grade? :lol:

Albie is a great player, but honestly he was in the right place at the right time for alot of those tries, and his defence left ALOT to be desired against Newtown (who couldn't bust through a sheet of toilet paper) - Leave him in Wenty until he consistantly matches the big boys, then try him in firsts.

Not saying he won't be a sensation in First Grade, but Parra as a rule throw players in too early and too young. Shelter him a bit for God's Sake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts