What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
and the small fact that the 'reggies' team now is wentworthville, wear black and white, have a magpie for a mascot and dont play at Parramatta - they're a completely different entity.

While I used to check out premier league or reserves when I could and followed their scores, I really couldnt give a rats about whether or not wenty lose - because it aint Parra.
It still is parramattas feeder club, it is parramatta premier league just wearing a different jersey. Same players, same coaching staff, just don't play at parramatta stadium.

I support them, its where our players are coming from.

and the small fact that the 'reggies' team now is wentworthville, wear black and white, have a magpie for a mascot and dont play at Parramatta - they're a completely different entity.

Well, they're not a completely different entity - the NSW Cup side is a joint-venture between Parramatta and Wenty Leagues. It makes perfect sense financially.

I've always enjoyed watching the lower divisions whether there's a team named Parramatta in them or not.

MITS said:
Yeah Bundy Cup which is in effect the Old Metro Cup.

Yep and a semi-pro division at this level has been around since the original Second Division / Inter-Metropolitan League in the 1960s - just with different names - and Wenty has played at that level almost continuously since that time (with a few years in the Illawarra competition). It's existence has nothing to do with the move to the NSW Cup as it currently is - i.e. contested by Joint-venture / feeder teams.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases

While I used to check out premier league or reserves when I could and followed their scores, I really couldnt give a rats about whether or not wenty lose - because it aint Parra.

doesn't change what i was saying though, does it?

Really all thats different now is
Reggies = NSW Cup and
JBC = Bundy and they play seperate to Flegg/Firsts..

if they played in Blue and Gold and called themselves the Eels, they would still play away from Firsts and NYC and in line with Bundy Cup, and people would still not give a rats about them!

Stagger eel

Staff member
even if they were the eels who played before the fg side as the NYC team currently do they would still attract aout 10% of the turnout as punters would rather be at the bar or turn up 30 minutes before fg kick off..

following the juniors or the game at grass roots level isn't very fashionable which is why plenty of people rely on people like Nikki, MITS and WC to keep them posted on the progress of future first graders.

Stagger eel

Staff member
So he was impressive playing reserve for reserves?? Doesn't exactly make me excited.

well, would you rather me just say that he played??? :? and also he hadn't played for sometime and was on the field for the whole 80...

I'm not expecting this guy to turn up in fg soon all I'm doing is stating what i saw, and you'll probably shouldn't get excited just yet.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Anyone who plays as a direct Eels feeder will always attract interest and SHOULD always attract support.
As per usual, its the reggies team that plays with the most passion and enthusiasm. It's always an easier ground to get to and free entry (if you're a STH).

While i would never ditch Firsts to watch Wenty play, i certainly have no reserves saying i am a big supporter of them!! Hell, people probably enjoy the games more, cos there's no pressure! and you get that down to earth, park footy feel!

forward pass

Coach
well, would you rather me just say that he played??? :? and also he hadn't played for sometime and was on the field for the whole 80...

No - You did the right thing as it is worthwhile information and I personally appreciate this type of info. I was just stating that we should not get excited given the standard he was playing.

Not having a shot at you. I would love to see him play FG!

ianlovesparra

Juniors
So he was impressive playing reserve for reserves?? Doesn't exactly make me excited.
As stagger said he hasn't played for a while. And to play 80 minutes was a good effort and from what i saw he wont be playing bundy cup for much longer.

For anyone who is interested, the replay of that game will be on fox sports 2 Wednesday 5pm.

Stagger eel

Staff member

1 Tim MORTIMER
2 Callan RICHARDSON
3 Mark LULAND
4 Jonathon WRIGHT
5 Mark HENDY
6 James GREHAN
7 Joe DELANA
8 Broderick WRIGHT
9 Mark O'GRADY
10 Junior PAULO
11 Martin LEWIS
12 Justin HORO
13 Tim ROBINSON

14 Trent ROSE
16 Dave BAUMANN
17 Danny HOWARD
19 Valu NASIO
21 Ben TAIA

this was the side chosen on Tuesday, if they can't get within 10 of Aukland what does that say about blokes like Paulo, Lewis, Wright and Horo who are trying crack it for a first grade spot???

and people whinge about Lowrie being in the side...

strider

Post Whore
... if they can't get within 10 of Aukland what does that say about blokes like Paulo, Lewis, Wright and Horo who are trying crack it for a first grade spot???

it says that they too deserve to be promoted to NRL so that they may enjoy the pleasures of being hammered from pillar to post by keyboard jockeys :thumn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts