What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
on another note - Kingston looked to be nursing a back injury which kept him a bit quiet and eventually took him off the field, Oake played his ass off and deserves a go at First Grade again (he's just a natural leader IMO) and there are SEVERAL players in that team that wouldn't take a backwards step if they were given a shot at the top grade.

Im talking:
Jono Wright
Jimmy Grehan
Jeremy Latimore

JessEel

you've seen them Staggs - you could have said the same thing without even thinking. It's the same guys week in and week out that make the team successful.

Love watching Wenty.. lovelovelove. Their game plan, their willing to work the game to where they want it, their genuine love of being there. lovelovelove.

Stagger eel

Staff member
you've seen them Staggs - you could have said the same thing without even thinking. It's the same guys week in and week out that make the team successful.

Love watching Wenty.. lovelovelove. Their game plan, their willing to work the game to where they want it, their genuine love of being there. lovelovelove.

yeah I know, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing them for a while but there's some good kids there with a great work ethic, I really feel for guys like Grehan, Jono and Lats who bust their gut for no reward...

Fee

Juniors
Everytime I go and watch Wenty play, those guys are always having a go. I would love to see them get a start, but do you think they seriously have a chance? I hope so!

wittyz chick

Coach
you don't think people were saying the same thing about the other guys when they were untested rookies playing reserve grade? :lol:

Albie is a great player, but honestly he was in the right place at the right time for alot of those tries, and his defence left ALOT to be desired against Newtown (who couldn't bust through a sheet of toilet paper) - Leave him in Wenty until he consistantly matches the big boys, then try him in firsts.

Not saying he won't be a sensation in First Grade, but Parra as a rule throw players in too early and too young. Shelter him a bit for God's Sake!

True & funny :lol: :lol:

Gee we haven't gone 2 from 2 for a while

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Justin Horo people, hows he going? surely DA has to do something and promote these guys, what has he got to loose?

Justin Horo people, hows he going? surely DA has to do something and promote these guys, what has he got to loose?

As far as I can remember he only came back from injury 2 games ago, was not a stand out in the Bulls game. Still a little way to go with Justin I think.

JessEel

yea there's something there that doesn't fill me with oodles of confidence..

Avenger

Immortal
Thanks Nikki. This Bundy Cup, NSW Cup crap is sh*t. The sooner they f**k it off and go back to premier league the better.

Nikki

Coach
I know.. I still cant get into the whole Bundy Cup thing, even though I watch most of their games before our Wenty boys play.

Stagger eel

Staff member
well Bundy cup is technically a reserve grade to the state cup, there's probably no easier way to describe, however it does get a little complicated in terms of who can play in that grade as they work on a points system depending on how many state cup and NRL first grade games you play in your career.

I think..

Stagger eel

Staff member
Thanks Nikki. This Bundy Cup, NSW Cup crap is sh*t. The sooner they f**k it off and go back to premier league the better.

well if you want to go back to the traditional Premier league/reserve grade format than you have to get every NRL club to fund a side, goodluck with that because as it stands only 1 club does it and ironically it's the sharks.

JessEel

noone had any dramas when it was Flegg/Reggies/Firsts for NRL teams and Jim Beam Cup for teams like Mounties, Cabra, Windsor etc...

Really all thats different now is
Reggies = NSW Cup and
JBC = Bundy and they play seperate to Flegg/Firsts..

fish eel

Immortal
noone had any dramas when it was Flegg/Reggies/Firsts for NRL teams and Jim Beam Cup for teams like Mounties, Cabra, Windsor etc...

Really all thats different now is

Reggies = NSW Cup and
JBC = Bundy and they play seperate to Flegg/Firsts..

and the small fact that the 'reggies' team now is wentworthville, wear black and white, have a magpie for a mascot and dont play at Parramatta - they're a completely different entity.

While I used to check out premier league or reserves when I could and followed their scores, I really couldnt give a rats about whether or not wenty lose - because it aint Parra.

Status
Not open for further replies.