What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caylo

Bench
Well I know TT did alright this week, but call up Horo and Inu for TT and Wright will be the changes I would make for next week.

Hellsy

Immortal
Wenty1.jpg

Wenty2.jpg

Wenty3.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
Wenty were on NITV (National Indigenous TV / Foxtel 180) last night on a show called NGATI NRL. The blurb on the show is:

Follows the journey of various emerging Indigenous N.Z. Rugby League players and their efforts to break into the big league in Australia.

Last night they followed a few NZ maori players who play for the Sharks & Wenty sides.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Filiga got one of the Coaches awards at Wenty Leagues for the previous week's game, so he can't be going too badly!

Ben played well at right centre, but if they are choosing to send in debutants in his place, i doubt one good game will earn him a call up back to first grade...

Marty Lewis came off hurt at the end of the game, but im sure he'll be fine.
I always rate Jimmy Grehan, but Nikki and i noticed during the game that he has a really odd and quite frustrating tackling style, where he kind sticks his arms way way out and avoids hitting the player with his chest. I don't know if he was trying to protect an injury or anything, but it was leading to missed tackles all over the place! WTF Jimmy? :lol:

O'Grady put the kick in for Ben to score with that spectacular dive, and he cramped up - i lol'd cos that's EXACTELY what happened to O'Grady everytime he took a Field Goal attempt in the GF last year!!

Horo made a few strong busts up the middle which was great to see. It's like someone has said to him he's not far off first grade and he's playing his ass off to get across the line. This is a good thing, but when he's not playing like that, he's a non-event. Gotta keep him interested and he'll be a superstar!!

In saying all of that - we beat the 1st placed Central Coast side 26-0. Wenty by Twenty all the way again in 2009!!!! and RIP TAYLOR FOR PRESIDENT!

oldmancraigy

Coach
How has Paulo been going?

We really need him to hit his straps again - he gives us something extra as a bench prop in first grade.

I'd be looking to definitely blood Horo against the Tigers - and if Paulo has been going well, bring him back too. The Tigers struggle with the big fast mobile men!

Stagger eel

Staff member
How has Paulo been going?

We really need him to hit his straps again - he gives us something extra as a bench prop in first grade.

I'd be looking to definitely blood Horo against the Tigers - and if Paulo has been going well, bring him back too. The Tigers struggle with the big fast mobile men!

I thought he struggled up until he went off for what appeared to be concussion.

he's been a major disappointment since he's been back.

slippery_sucker

Juniors
Filiga got one of the Coaches awards at Wenty Leagues for the previous week's game, so he can't be going too badly!

Ben played well at right centre, but if they are choosing to send in debutants in his place, i doubt one good game will earn him a call up back to first grade...

Marty Lewis came off hurt at the end of the game, but im sure he'll be fine.
I always rate Jimmy Grehan, but Nikki and i noticed during the game that he has a really odd and quite frustrating tackling style, where he kind sticks his arms way way out and avoids hitting the player with his chest. I don't know if he was trying to protect an injury or anything, but it was leading to missed tackles all over the place! WTF Jimmy? :lol:

O'Grady put the kick in for Ben to score with that spectacular dive, and he cramped up - i lol'd cos that's EXACTELY what happened to O'Grady everytime he took a Field Goal attempt in the GF last year!!

Horo made a few strong busts up the middle which was great to see. It's like someone has said to him he's not far off first grade and he's playing his ass off to get across the line. This is a good thing, but when he's not playing like that, he's a non-event. Gotta keep him interested and he'll be a superstar!!

In saying all of that - we beat the 1st placed Central Coast side 26-0. Wenty by Twenty all the way again in 2009!!!! and RIP TAYLOR FOR PRESIDENT!

I thought he struggled up until he went off for what appeared to be concussion.

he's been a major disappointment since he's been back.

Thanks for the updates boyz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts