What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider

Post Whore
so how is baumann travelling? .... people had enormous raps on him last year - many calls of, "put him in NRL" - but I haven't seen any wenty games, but he doesn't seem to crack the run-on side (not that that's terrible, a good benchy is important these days)

Stagger eel

Staff member
so how is baumann travelling? .... people had enormous raps on him last year - many calls of, "put him in NRL" - but I haven't seen any wenty games, but he doesn't seem to crack the run-on side (not that that's terrible, a good benchy is important these days)

Baumann hasn't really set the world on fire

does that mean Jono was being considered for NRL? :-s

probably.

Hellsy

Immortal
f**k me dead...... sending them over there last minute is just mental.

I said it in another thread, I really hope DA is not playing mind games with these players

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Jono is being considered for firsts?!?! wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

Him and Jimmy Grehan, i swear to God. Please please please don't let them go anywhere!

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
speaking to rip last night, he was saying that some of the boys struggled adapting to the time change in NZ, they got to NZ on Friday night and had a 9am (AEST) game which would of knocked the stuffing out of anyone.

both Ben Smith and I think Brendon oake didn't get to NZ until 1am as they were dropped late friday..

I can now understand why they didn't compete against that mob.

he credited Justin Horo and Jono Wright as having big games.

I was at the game - I reckon Justin Horo was the best player on the field.
Definately going to see him debut before years end. Right mix of aggresiveness, attacking and defensive ability.

Ben smith looked good also.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was at the game - I reckon Justin Horo was the best player on the field.
Definately going to see him debut before years end. Right mix of aggresiveness, attacking and defensive ability.

Ben smith looked good also.

thanks for your input triple m. music to our suffering ears...

Jodeci

Bench

My opinion is that Baumann is another Lowrie

Parra Steve

Juniors
Maybe DA is testing Smiths pride in the eels jersey and if he does indeed want to be here, seems strange to send him over for him to arrive at 1am, esp if they didnt need him?

The Colonel

Immortal
Jono is being considered for firsts?!?! wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

Him and Jimmy Grehan, i swear to God. Please please please don't let them go anywhere!

If I was Grehan or Wright I'd look at a club who would actually consider playing me in first grade rather than just letting me train with them..... they should have played for the top squad well before now.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Maybe DA is testing Smiths pride in the eels jersey and if he does indeed want to be here, seems strange to send him over for him to arrive at 1am, esp if they didnt need him?

Well he has plenty - so im sure he'll not fail them in that regard

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Id still like to see Benny as one of our centres with INU. Reddy and grothe the wingers.

But it wont happen cause then where does Burt play?

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Prospects look bright for Filinga

20/05/2009 4:00:00 AM
A CHANCE meeting in the gymnasium may have netted Wentworthville one of the big prizes of 2009.

A Wenty official saw Carlos Filinga working out and asked him what he was doing for the season.

``Nothing,'' came the reply.

Wenty have snapped him up. So what?

Well, Filinga was mooted as the next Sonny Bill Williams when signed by Cronulla and potential $600,000 contracts were mooted.

Filinga was injured for most of last season and unwanted this year.

Wenty have got him for a song and, at least, Filinga will be a vaulable addition to the Magpies' Bundaberg Rum team.
The team suffered a shock loss when beaten by lowly Campbelltown 26-20 on the weekend and are on 10 points, four adrift of leaders Penrith.
Its Karlos Filiga
and they actually drew with cabra 20all last week and karl got 3 points from rugby league review.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
OK I don't have the little program infront of me like I often do..

Can anyone confirm for me if Bundy Cup are also playing at home next Sunday??

I know it's Sunday because I remember it clashes with our Newcastle game
Yep Bundy playing at ringrose at 1.15 on sunday against mounties, should be a good game. Il be out there watching.

wittyz chick

Coach
speaking to rip last night, he was saying that some of the boys struggled adapting to the time change in NZ, they got to NZ on Friday night and had a 9am (AEST) game which would of knocked the stuffing out of anyone.

I had a feeling that would've been the case

ianlovesparra - thanks

roopy

Referee
Just a side note - how odd will it be when Wentworthville travel to play CC Storm at Morrie Breen in round 20 - they will be the away side, but will still have to walk past all the tributes to Rip Taylor and pictures of him with his life membership and premiership trophies.
The foyer of the club is like a shrine to Rip.

Nikki

Coach
Just a side note - how odd will it be when Wentworthville travel to play CC Storm at Morrie Breen in round 20 - they will be the away side, but will still have to walk past all the tributes to Rip Taylor and pictures of him with his life membership and premiership trophies.
The foyer of the club is like a shrine to Rip.

Really? We played up there last year, but I didnt know that. Will have to drop in and have a look this year!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts