What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roopy

Referee
Really? We played up there last year, but I didnt know that. Will have to drop in and have a look this year!!! :D
Mostly on the staircase going up to the offices from memory, but they have a list of premiership coaches and life members near the front door.

Stagger eel

Staff member
we won 26 nil..

fantastic effort by the boys especially Ben Smith, Justin Horo and Jimmy Grehan

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
we won 26 nil..

fantastic effort by the boys especially Ben Smith, Justin Horo and Jimmy Grehan

Thanks Bud.

Any idea if Smith is playing in the 3/4 line or in the backrow?

I think Benny might find it hard to get back into the first-grade team :(

id like to see Horo come off our bench instead of Tautai. He has size and footwork.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ben played right centre abd scored one of the most spectacular tries you'll ever see running about 25 metres and dived full stretched to catch the ball on the full from a high kick.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Ben played right centre abd scored one of the most spectacular tries you'll ever see running about 25 metres and dived full stretched to catch the ball on the full from a high kick.

This makes next weeks team selection extremely interesting.

I wish K.K and mateo were available :D

bye bye lowrie, mateo to lock and kk to #7.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
My opinion is that Baumann is another Lowrie

I never knew why their was so much hype about him? he would run it up and just stop with making any real significant yards....yet everyone on this board like Parra Pete were calling him the next Nathan Hindmarsh:lol: he's average imo from what i've seen of him.

caylo

Bench
I never knew why their was so much hype about him? he would run it up and just stop with making any real significant yards....yet everyone on this board like Parra Pete were calling him the next Nathan Hindmarsh:lol: he's average imo from what i've seen of him.

He was a tackling machine that was why Pete loved him. TBH young players should be good defenders but they should want to get involved alot more in attack. It takes much more energy top run the ball then to tackle in defence. Lewis was always the better player IMO, Robonson and Horo are also much better players.

Stagger eel

Staff member
K.Filiga anyone know how he went?

scored the first try with shear brut force close to the line, he was extremely solid for the rest of the game and took a fair bit of stopping..

left several player grasping at thin air a few times.

overall, good signs.

caylo

Bench
I had a mate who was good friends with Filinga and used to tell me how he would man handle players with ease (big players at that). This is a guy who played against guys like D.Williams, Hayne, Inu and Tautai so he must be atleast NRL standard I would think. Could be the most opertunistic signning we make (sign him up for a few years :D)

Hellsy

Immortal
Ben was awesome out there today, his tackling was second to none. The try was spectacular!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
btw, it wasn't mentioned but our Bundy side also had a win by the tune of 26-10 against a very good Mounties side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts