What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Filiga's frolic warmed hardy fans

17/06/2009 12:00:00 AM
KARL Filiga confirmed he is both a likely lad and a lethal addition to Wentworthvilles's Bundaberg Red Cup squad on Sunday.Centre Filiga followed up his incisive display of the week before with another two tries as Wenty beat Campbelltown 23-16 at Ringrose Park.
It wasn't one of the Magpies' better performances, however.
They made hard work of beating the lowly visitors, second last on the table with four points.
Filiga's frolic helped warm and compensate the hardy fans who braved the cold.
The win leaves Wenty on 15 points, a point behind leaders Penrith, Cabramatta and Windsor.
Penrith and Windsor also have games in hand.
The Magpies will get a true gauge of how they are travelling when they are away to Penrith on Sunday.
http://www.parramattasun.com.au/new...filigas-frolic-warmed-hardy-fans/1543231.aspx

Hellsy

Immortal
Hey what day and time is Wenty playing this weekend? Sorry, I'm too lazy too look back through for the info!!

wittyz chick

Coach
NSW Cup side V Cronulla

1. Tim Mortimer
2. Etu Uaisele
3. Ben Smith
4. Jonathan Wright
5. Mark Hendy
6. James Grehen
7. Mark O'Grady
8. Joshua Cordoba
9. Anthony Mitchell
10. Broderick Wright (C)
11. Taulima Tautai
12. Justin Horo
13. Brendan Oake

14. Kim Uasi
15. Tim Robinson
16. Mitchell Johnson
17. Danny Howard
21. Mitch Allgood

Coach Rip Taylor

http://www.nswrl.com.au/nswcup/teams.php

Haven't read this page yet but..........

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:So glad I'm going..

wittyz chick

Coach
OK read this page.. didn't miss much.

I'll try and find someone to post updates if can, so can keep everyone in the loop :)

Hellsy

Immortal
That game was sh*t.
Cronulla fans are sh*t.
We played like sh*t.

But hey..... at least I was able to come home :D :D :D

wittyz chick

Coach
Ant Mitchell tried hard. Hurt his hand or finger, but he was fine he went back out there.

Mitch Johnson got sinbinned for abusing the ref [I think]

Mark Hendy has done his medial ligament.

Josh Cordoba face planted in a tackle and hurt his neck, but he went back out on the field.

The weather was sh*t too!

But hey I'll be back at Ringrose next Sunday to cheer them on!! Against North Sydney at 3pm

wittyz chick

Coach
Also Cronulla fans have to be told:

IMG_2732.jpg

:lol: :lol:

wittyz chick

Coach
We lost 16 - 6.

Horo scored 3 mins in and Hendy converted.

We just could NOT hold the ball. Kept turning it over within our half. About 4 or 5 times we got the ball from the Sharks kick they took us over the sideline.. like SERIOUSLY!! When it's raining you stay AWAY from the sideline :crazy:

Last edited:

wittyz chick

Coach
Hey strider, it's not only a real sign, they are plastered everywhere. There was one on the gate when we drove in. There's one on the side of Sharkies Leagues facing the main road and I saw another one on the other stand that was blocked off.

That sign was on the side of the stand we sat in.

But seriously.. they need to be told????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

strider

Post Whore
sh*t hey! ... man, thats weird - I can just seem em all standing around in flood water going "sh*t man! what do we do now?" :lol: .... its like going "hey if there's a fire here, don't stand here, ok"

ianlovesparra

Juniors
That's a big game for them!
Our Bundy boys got up against the top of the table penrith side 22-10.

A sloppy game, with alot of errors and alot of penalties.
Karl Filiga again was very strong and made some damaging runs leaving a trail of players with a few of his runs, his defence was also impressive, reads the play well and gets in early and shuts the plays down, doesnt miss to many tackles.
One of the penrith players tried to put a shoulder charge on karl, it was a good hit, but karl didnt seem to feel it, he just got up and kept running, cant say the same for the penrith player, his hit on karl left him with a dislocated shoulder lol poor bloke.
Other stand outs for wenty were ken sio on the wing, fullback astro waetford, ben taia and as always mitch stanfield.
Callan Richardson and Dave Baumann played as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.