What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellsy

Immortal
sh*t, it was pretty sh*t.

Well to be fair, the 2nd half was sh*t..... 1st half was ok

wittyz chick

Coach
AGAIN.. 2ND TIME IN 3 WEEKS WE HAD THAT GAME AND WE F**KEN LOST IT!!!!

I WAS F**KING SHATTERED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday at Henson 1pm v. Wests.. GET THERE!!!!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Somehow i don't think we have the team to do it this year... Can't take anything away from a team that has won it 4 years in a row and finished 3rd the year after... but i seriously have my doubts.

Oh well, can't stay on top forever!

wittyz chick

Coach
The Newtown we SMASHED at the start of the yr is NOT the same team anymore as we found out when they came to Wenty and kicked our butts!

I'd love to win it this year but we've chopped and changed too much.. I said this about 10 pages back..

EDIT: F**k I'm stupid.. we're not playing Newtown we're playing Wests AT Newtown..
Wests hammered Central Coast 68-4 or something like that *eep*

Last edited:

slippery_sucker

Juniors
NSWRL.com.au's Bundaberg Red Cup Team of the Year for 2009

We had our resident panel of experts take a look over all the tapes from 2009 and come up with a team of the year for the Bundaberg Red Cup.

1. Channarath Ly (Mounties) - The Mounties custodian was a standout all year. His explosive speed and exceptional positional play are just two of the attributes which got him over the line. Although small in stature, he has little regard for his body when he thrusts himself into oncoming defensive lines.

2. Tuki Jackson (Chester Hill) - A shining light in a dark year for the Chester Hill club. Jackson was the Rhinos' go to man when they needed points. Jackson lead the club in tries scored with 11 but was also one of their most sound defenders which ultimately got him over the line in voting.

3. Wayne Dargan (Mounties) - Solid defensive centre with great try scoring ability. One of the main reasons Mounties were a force this year.

4. James Trotter (Cabramatta) - One of Cabramatta's best week in and week out. Held many backlines more fancied centres quiet whilst also showing some fancy footwork of his own.

5. Brendan Randall (Brothers) - A good find for one of the two newcomers to the competition. Crossed for 11 tries during the season and was one of the main reasons his side lead the competition early in the season.

6. Jacob Byrne (Wentworthville) - Man of the match in the 2009 Bundaberg Red Cup Grand Final. Guided the lethal Wentworthville backline around all year with great success.

7. Craig Trindall (Windsor) - Year after year produces form that keeps fans on their feet. Finished off the season in the NSW Cup where he gave Bulls young gun Ben Barba a lesson in attacking play one night at the Windsor Sports Complex

8. Jamie Small (Cabramatta) - Was one of the reasons Cabramatta had their best season on record. Provided solid go forward against usually far more sizeable forward packs.

9. Ben Bailey (Cabramatta) - Ever green hooker who seems to only get better with age. Defensively strong with the attacking prowess of a young buck.

10. Brad Capovilla (Wentworthville) - 315 game veteran rewarded with a premiership in his last game for the Magpies. Never stops going forward.

11. Keith Heckenberg (Cabramatta) - Part of a lethal backrow the Two Blues had this year. Defensively sound with some sharp ball playing ability

12. Brett Sargent (Wentworthville) - Captain courages lead his side to the 2009 Bundaberg Red Cup Premiership and did so in style. Tireless worker in attack and defence.

13. Ben Ellis (Cabramatta) - Was rewarded with selection in the NSW Residents side to play QLD during State of Origin. Constantly probing outwide and always looking to make quick yards out of dummy half.

INTERCHANGE:

14. Samuel Hoare (Campbelltown) - Lively number 9 who is always probing around the rucks for tired forwards and extra metres.

15. Delane Edwards (WA Reds) - Robust second rower who is strong in defence. One of the true workhorses for the WA Reds team

16. Sharlon Taki (Southern Districts) - The Rebels custodian produced some fine performaces at the back in 2009. Made countless try saving tackles and was safe under the high ball.

17. Ben Taia (Wentworthville) - Was a one man human wrecking ball in the 2009 Bundaberg Red Cup final series. His chargers gained momentum for his talented backline to wreak havoc on opposition defenses.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/article.php?id=796

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
NSW Cup

1 Tim MORTIMER

2 Etu UAISELE

25 Taulima TAUTAI

4 Mark LULAND

5 Ken SIO

6 Mark O'GRADY

7. Shane CROFT