What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Did anyone get out to the bundy game on friday? If so can you give us a bit of a report. Cheers

I caught a bit of it...we won by about 6 tries to 4, not much to report as I didn't really have a team list infront of me, but I did recognise a few players a from what I saw Joe mataele had a big game while on and Cliff Nye at fullback was also solid, Grayson Goodwin and Shane Croft were relatively quiet, there was a ginger headed backrower by the name of Darren Horne I think, was very good.

Pete, I'll be supporting the Wenty Magpies in the bundy red cup that weekend..thanks for your concern. ;-)

Nikki

Coach
Does anyone know the story with Joel Latham? Heard he was signed by the Dogs at the end of last year, yet he had a run with the Magpies yesterday arvo.

parra pete

Referee
I caught a bit of it...we won by about 6 tries to 4, not much to report as I didn't really have a team list infront of me, but I did recognise a few players a from what I saw Joe mataele had a big game while on and Cliff Nye at fullback was also solid, Grayson Goodwin and Shane Croft were relatively quiet, there was a ginger headed backrower by the name of Darren Horne I think, was very good.

Pete, I'll be supporting the Wenty Magpies in the bundy red cup that weekend..thanks for your concern. ;-)

Just asking, just asking. I've got a bed at my place if you change your mind....:lol:

parra pete

Referee
Would that be the equivalent to fourth grade - below NRL, NSW Cup, NYC, in standard?
AND training....not starting?..probably in fifths then?
I am thinking Canterbury and the Sharks must have been fed a lot of bull by someone if his salary at those Clubs, as reported, was correct.
Is he any good?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Would that be the equivalent to fourth grade - below NRL, NSW Cup, NYC, in standard?
AND training....not starting?..probably in fifths then?
I am thinking Canterbury and the Sharks must have been fed a lot of bull by someone if his salary at those Clubs, as reported, was correct.
Is he any good?

good enough for the Bundy side if last years form is anything to go by, he'll struggle to make the state cup side.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
FUll of potential but there's definatley something missing in his game that holds him back.. an x factor

Did he play in the trial against windsor? If so how did he go?

Yep he went pretty good, bagged a double and set up a 3rd, picked the ball up from a kick on his 10 ran 40 meters and laid it on for the winger. His first was catch and score after running onto a magic ball from Fluke, his second raw power 10 out carried a couple over.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yep he went pretty good, bagged a double and set up a 3rd, picked the ball up from a kick on his 10 ran 40 meters and laid it on for the winger. His first was catch and score after running onto a magic ball from Fluke, his second raw power 10 out carried a couple over.

that was him???...do you no who else played? I noticed Joe Mataele and few others but couldn't make out who most of them were

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Thanks for that. Good to see he hasn't lost his strength and power, close to the line he is virtually unstoppable, also great to see his speed is still there. Kid has heaps of potential. Hopefully he has a big year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Wenty side named for their trial against Newtown.

1. Tim Mortimer
14. Domenic Nasso
3. Mark Hendy
4. Mark Luland
5. Greyson Goodwin
6. Mark O'Grady
7. Brendan Waters
8. Blake Blackburn
9. Trent Rose
10. Joe Mataele
11. Danny Howard
12. Keresoma Sione