What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm sure a few people would be interested to know that Karl Filiga has signed for wenty for up coming season.

parra pete

Referee
I'm sure a few people would be interested to know that Karl Filiga has signed for wenty for up coming season.

Could Karl be the new Josh Davis?
OR - with apologies to Jack Gibson, "Waiting for Karl Filiga to become a star, is like leaving a porch light on for Harold Holt"...

parra pete

Referee
could be the new Michael Lett...;-)

Michael Lett has at least played first grade NRL....
I put Karl into the category of an 'on strike milkman' - fails to deliver;

BUT Let me add a rider - "I've NEVER seen him play"..just going on what he is supposed to be....

Stagger eel

Staff member

BUT Let me add a rider - "I've NEVER seen him play"..just going on what he is supposed to be....

and Filiga's played NRL too....

Stagger eel

Staff member
Oh no... I love Kene. Sound like a Rippa influence??

Big C would be cut about that...

btw, Rippa's coacing the new Central Coast and not Wyong but I would imagine that Rip would give him an opportunity if it came to it...

The Colonel

Immortal
Kene Te Whata -> Wyong

That's a shame. He'll be coached by Paul Stringer if he is still there. Kene was up that way after the 2008 SG Ball season before he was called upon to play NYC.

His fitness was always a issue but he could carry the ball for some decent metres.

ianlovesparra

Juniors

You should get out to a game and watch him play, you will not be dissapointed and your views on him will change im sure. Im tipping he'll be starting centre or 2nd rower for NSW Cup this season.

Stagger eel

Staff member
big karl needs to convince the right people that he's up to that standard week in week out and tbh if he can't do it next year than he never will.

parra pete

Referee
The closest I'll get is watching him on TV I'm afraid. BUT he does have some huuuugggge wraps on him. I remember the 'next big thing' statements he attracted when he was known as Karl McNichol and signed with the Berries.
Seen plenty of blokes arrive here in town telling us how good they are, only to set themselves up for a crash when they get on the paddock..No where to hide out there...I hope for his sake, and his 'supporters" sake he finally produces form to justify their 'rating' of him.
We will be looking for a new coach in 2011 to take the Club into First Grade Group 20...Any takers? Plenty of depth here, great town, great Club...

ianlovesparra

Juniors
In front of who - tahu/reddy/inu/J.wright or horo/oake/robinson???
I'd put Robinson in the front row, he is a similar type player to broderick wright, oake at lock and maybe filiga and horo in the 2nd row. He has the potential and if he can do what stagger said produce week in week out then i can see him being a regular in the team. Trials should be interesting, its a good problem to have at the club players fighting for positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts