What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Any wenty player can play for parra if they get the call up. Wenty is parramatta's club. No contract needs to be signed, only thing that needs to be done is work out match payments bewtween player and club.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bundy Cup..

a late try by Mark Hendy got wenty home against Winsor by 28 to 24, as Nikki revealed Lee Te Maari played for Bundy and from all report will not be far away from a state cup call up.

state cup...

just frustrating..

having led 12 nil then 12-6 at the break wenty just capitulated in the second half to lose 30-18 in a rather inept defensive display, those who could hold their head u include Luke Young, Tim Robinson, Mark O'Grady, Tim Mortimer and Karl Filiga also played well in the second half cause some problems to the wests right hand defence.

in all, I'd say there's some real concern with our depth at the moment and there doesn't appear to be anyone who really put their hand up for first grade.

Just say it doesn't work out with Bert as coach. How do you sack a great and a former board director who's has contacts within the club?

Nikki

Coach
Bert outraged me today. I mean, I wanted to smack him (or kick him like the chair he kicked on the sideline today :lol:). He needs to remember what club and team he is working for, and not parade around at games in Panthers gear!

26383_425045778017_645213017_5287509_8237195_n.jpg

Ok, so photo is not the best quality, but f**k this pissed me off!!

Nikki

Coach
Moving right along. Attended the post match function today, and here are the awards given out for the past few weeks

Bundy Cup

Rnd 1

Players Player, Coaches award and Player of the week all go to Peter Prime

Rnd 2

Players Player ~ Brett Sargent (for an old retired man he had a blinder)
Coaches Player ~ James Boustani
Player of the week ~ Brett Sargent

NSW Cup

Rnd 1 ~ Could hardly hear Bert, but I dont think he named the players coz they werent in the room

Rnd 2

Players Player ~ Brendan Waters
Coaches Player ~ Mitchell Allgood
Player of the week ~ Brendan Waters

Rnd 3

Players Player ~ Karl Filiga
Coaches Player ~ Tom Humble
Player of the week ~ Anthony Mitchell

Rnd 4

Players Player ~ Tim Robinson
Coaches Player ~ Tim Mortimer
Player of the week ~ Tim Robinson

Parra Steve

Juniors
I could have sworn the other day I saw a guy who looked like Bert with a panthers jackets on in the shops might have been him after all

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Great player no doubt, but he has always come across as a bit of a dumbmerkin to me.

I remember many years ago when he did some commentary work for a few games. He had some real trouble trying to put a few sentences together, the only player I have seen do a worse job was Gavin Miller. Gee he was terrible

Juniors
I remember many years ago when he did some commentary work for a few games. He had some real trouble trying to put a few sentences together, the only player I have seen do a worse job was Gavin Miller. Gee he was terrible

Must be cause his nose is stuck to his lips.....saw him yesterday at the sharkies game..

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
tbh, I don't n\know the actual ruling to Wenty players that are exclusively contracted to them but I am of the opinion that they can train and play for the fulltime squad if selected...

and I want to make it perfectly clear that I only have eyes for Strider and no one else, because he's like!!..really hot and all..

surely a wenty player could play for us without too much fuss - it'd be no different how tim smith was contracted to brisbane's feeder team but would have played for the broncos if required .... i assume they'd then fall into that whole extra money for calling up players bit of the salary cap rules???

btw ... no stags - you're far too young for me being at high school and all[/QUOTE]

you may well be right strider, I'm just not that familiar with the rules on players exclusively contracted to Wenty.

well, that's never like, stopped you in the past big boy...

vaseline.jpg

Hellsy

Immortal
Yeah... I was referring to your poor quoting ability, but it appears you have partially corrected yourself. That 1st attempt was bloody terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.