What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forty20

First Grade
Wenty 18 - Balmain 30

Penalty try to Nasso as he was checked in the chase for a grubber

15min to go

Forty20

First Grade
Wenty 18 - Balmain 36

Great try by Balmain. Inside ball to the fullback who cuts out to his winger untouched. Great conversion from next to the cronin stand

Forty20

First Grade
Wenty 24 - Balmain 36

Deserving try to Mitchell who has been very good tonight.

Nearly snuck in a length of the field effort off the kickoff. denied by the sideline.

That is it for Wenty. An inspired second half effort had Balmain reeling but it was too little too late. O'Grady, Pele, Allgood and Mitchell were our best on the park.

It was a game for the goal kickers as both teams sport 100% records.

Forty20

First Grade
How did Mitchell go ? could be making his debut next week

He worked hard in the first half while we were getting smashed. Was fast around the ruck and gave pretty good service.

When he came back on in the second half he wreaked some havoc in the ruck with a few incisive darts and scored a nice try on the back of a second phase play that he originally started.

Pele rebounded well from his forgettable trip to NZ and was by far and away our most likely forward.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He worked hard in the first half while we were getting smashed. Was fast around the ruck and gave pretty good service.

When he came back on in the second half he wreaked some havoc in the ruck with a few incisive darts and scored a nice try on the back of a second phase play that he originally started.

Pele rebounded well from his forgettable trip to NZ and was by far and away our most likely forward.

Didn't think Pele was to bad last week. It was his first game in the NRL, just needs a good run in the top side to find his feet and get use to the speed.

Good to hear about Mitchell

Delboy

First Grade
Mitchell was very good in second half, Nathan Armit did some good work off the bench. Grayson Goodwin also went well, Pele is just who we see, big and strong and slow.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Half Time

Wenty 0 - Balmain 24

Poor, poor defence from our boys. Very few positives but our 6, Mark O'Grady has been the standout, regularly breaking the Balmain line. Pele has done alright, as has Mitchell who is behind a battered pack.

I'm not sure but Ken Sio might be playing in no24. Does he have a good head of hair with a streak of light colour at the top?

24 was Jorge Tafua, I thought he did well..21 was Manase, he was ordinary.

Anthony Mitchell was very impressive, I'd give him run next week

Forty20

First Grade
24 was Jorge Tafua, I thought he did well..21 was Manase, he was ordinary.

Anthony Mitchell was very impressive, I'd give him run next week

Thanks Stagger!

Yeah Tafua rolled up the sleeves while we were getting smashed and made some great dummy half runs. Went alright in defence as well.

Between first grade and NSW Cup there were 19 tries scored today and not a single conversion was missed.

Pele and Allgood are well ahead of Manase for me.

Stagger eel

Staff member
both Ant Mitchell and Tom Humble have been named in the side!!!..interesting considering that Matt Keats is in serious doubt.

does this mean that we could be carrying 4 forwards off the bench???

Gronk

Staff member
I may have been asleep for a few weeks, but how long has Grayson Goodwin been in the side ? I recall his name being mentioned earlier in the year as an acquisition.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Where Oake? Strange to see Humble and Mitchell Named maybe Keating is ok.. I would see himhaving a week off though...

Nikki

Coach
Where Oake? Strange to see Humble and Mitchell Named maybe Keating is ok.. I would see himhaving a week off though...

Oake did something to his hand/wrist at training last week. From what I can pick up (from Facebook) is that he has had on op on it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I may have been asleep for a few weeks, but how long has Grayson Goodwin been in the side ? I recall his name being mentioned earlier in the year as an acquisition.

GG has had a couple of weeks in the state cup, prior to that he had a few weeks for Bundy after a very long layoff because of injury, anyone who saw him kick last night would tell you that he's a "dead eye dick" with boot..

interesting player if he can stay on the park..

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
both Ant Mitchell and Tom Humble have been named in the side!!!..interesting considering that Matt Keats is in serious doubt.

does this mean that we could be carrying 4 forwards off the bench???

It seems so.... Penrith has a big pack of mobile forwards, if we don't control them their backs might score points off their kicks and stuff everything else they try.... ;-) It seems DA's plan is to control the center of the ruck as much as possible??? Typically, it will be a slow news week and then those sudden changes we had to have because we had to have them, a few hours before kick off... Did Jack Gibson do this regularly???? I can't remember that he ever did this bar an injury causing a sudden change to the squad.

Hellsy

Immortal
Wenty lost to Newtown this arvo, don't ask me the score as I accidently deleted the message I got but they lost nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.