What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wittyz chick

Coach
OK 1st things first. Bundy again winners 26-24 over Penrith Brothers..
[For some stupid reason this was played at Nepean and I didn't see it = (]

wittyz chick

Coach
NSW Cup. Wenty 32-28 over Central Coast. Was 22-0 to Central Coast at halftime..

Tryscorers: Nasso, Rose, Humble, Aiga, Sio and Oake.
Goals: Humble 4/6 in his defense the 2 he missed were right on the sideline with a bit of wind so they were pretty difficult.

We had poor discipline in the first half giving away to many penalties not that the ref was willing to do us any favours! On the 5th tackle or anytime we got close to Central Coast's line we'd kinda self-destruct. Now I haven't seen any of the Central Coast games this year but far out today they were brilliant with 40/20s 2 in the first half one in the 2nd [I was ready to pull my hair out].

Score could've been worse in the first half though, one of the Central Coast players made a run just got pulled down before the line he reached out to ground it and dropped it = )

After that 1st half I'd like to forget I dunno what was said at half-time but it worked because we came out and played some football. Nasso's try was brilliant after a 90m run by Hendy who almost scored himself before just being pulled down. Then Rose barged over to make it Central Coast 22 Wenty 12. 18 minutes in the 2nd half to go.
Central Coast then had the ball on our line, lost it and Kenny Sio grounded the ball ingoal. Now what confused me was it was given a goal line dropout when CLEARLY the Central Coast player had lost it. It should've been a scrum to Wenty. Central Coast then went and scored from the drop out to make it 28-12.

Our no.21 who's name I'm unsure of then made a good break to give the ball to Humble who was over and moved closer to the goal to give himself an easier kick. 28-18.

Central Coast then charged down one of our kicks to give us 6 more and Sammy Aiga was over in the corner.. Hard kick for Humble which he missed 28-22.
Sio is then over right in the corner and Humble has a conversion right on the sideline to level things up. Missed 28-26.

90 seconds to go.. everythings kind of a blur I remember seeing a bunch of bodies go over the try-line and everythings in slow motion until you hear the ref award a try and the crowd is going nuts!!!! Only about 50-75 people there but man we cheered freaking loud :D in all of the craziness I didn't even know who scored but the Wenty manager was kind enough to let me know it was Brendan Oake!! Humble converts Wenty 32-28.

Central Coast try the short kick off which fails but they get a penalty. By the time they kick the ball out and get it back siren is gone and they only have one play. They are about 35m out from our line and they kick ahead and outta the whole bunch of bodies I believe it was Mark Hendy who took it and just took the tackle to ensure Wenty win 32-28. Woohoo!!!! I likened the comeback to what the Dogs did against the Cowboys last night [if you saw that game you can imagine the excitement].

Best players.. Our no.25 who's name I don't know either [seriously I listened when they did the team line-up I guess I just zoned out], Manuoakafoa [sp?] made some damn good runs nearly always breaking through, Grayson Goodwin made some good runs, Peter Prime, Mark Hendy and Humble.

Credit to Mark Hendy if has any voice left after the game. He did so well at fullback moving the team around who to go where and all that I reckon they would've heard him across the road :lol:

and favourite memory the lady about 6 benches down from me "hey touchie why don't you teach the linesman the rules" now I'm 90% sure linesman and touchie are the same thing :)

Oh and some OLD news incase you didn't know. T.Morts is out for the season :(

wittyz chick

Coach
And a little FYI Wenty will again be back at ringrose on Sunday to take on Campbelltown in Bundy Cup and Melbourne in NSW Cup.

I believe the Sydney Shield may be being played before Bundy but I'm not sure I can't find info on that comp at all :(

The Melbourne v. Wenty game will be the tv game next Wednesday 1-Aug

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Bundy Cup

Brothers 24

Tries: D Cahalane 2, D Hawke 2, L Fifita
Conversions: C Morson 2

Wentworthville Magpies 26

Tries: H Raiwalui, C Nye, K Filiga, D Gilbert, V Nasio
Conversions: N Couri 3

wittyz chick

Coach
Twiz - T.Morts? Not sure what he injured but had an operation a while ago and was out for season

ILP were you there? Did Fluke play? I'm assuming not as he didn't kick. I was told he was only rested last week, that his injury wasn't serious

Last edited:

wittyz chick

Coach
That Gilbert is a try scoring machine, played Bundy for about month maybe 2 months and he's been on fire!!
Good to see Bundy are firing at the time of the season when it matters :)

Stagger eel

Staff member
That Gilbert is a try scoring machine, played Bundy for about month maybe 2 months and he's been on fire!!
Good to see Bundy are firing at the time of the season when it matters :)

hey sweet Sarah...

thanks heaps for keeping us up to date with Wenty news.

I wonder if Kenny has been closely monitoring Dylan Gilbert I also think the Bundy side will go back to back.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Twiz - T.Morts? Not sure what he injured but had an operation a while ago and was out for season

ILP were you there? Did Fluke play? I'm assuming not as he didn't kick. I was told he was only rested last week, that his injury wasn't serious
No wasn't there, i just got the details off the nswrl website. Fluke didn't play though otherwise he would of been doing the kicking duties for sure.

They are looking good wenty, would be favourites to take it out you would think. Gilbert is carving, sargent leading the way as usual. Filiga scoring a try a game. They didn't look to promising early in the season but coming good at the business end which is all the matters.

Wenty beat Melbourne in a close one,

Wenty 72 d Melbourne Storm 12.

This secures the 6th spot for the Magpies.

Wenty play their last game of the Home and Away season against the Tigers at Leichhardt next week during our home game against the Warriors, and will most probably have to back up for the Finals against the Tigers a week later.

Forty20

First Grade
The Fox replay of Wenty-v-Storm had Tom Humble interviewed as captain...was that just dodgy work on behalf of the NSWRL/Fox coverage or the truth?

Nikki

Coach
The Fox replay of Wenty-v-Storm had Tom Humble interviewed as captain...was that just dodgy work on behalf of the NSWRL/Fox coverage or the truth?

He was the one they asked for. I was with the assistant coach at the stage and even he had to ask Tom if he was Captain. Toms reply "Nup! They just need someone good looking for once" :lol:

Forty20

First Grade
He was the one they asked for. I was with the assistant coach at the stage and even he had to ask Tom if he was Captain. Toms reply "Nup! They just need someone good looking for once" :lol:

Funny stuff :lol:

Geez he should be playing for Parra though, I know it wasn't a full strength Melbourne outfit but he is looking 100% class on the replay so far.

Watching him play at the defensive line and put players into space makes me wish Robson/Morts/Keating would do the same.

cgee221

Juniors
Anyone who has questions over Tom Humble being the best 6 at the club should be watching this game on fox right now.

It may not be the same standard as the NRL but the way he asks questions of the defensive line is a lot better then what our halves have done in FG this season. He is running to the line, straightening the attack and creating space for his outside and inside men. Something our FG side didn't do at all this season.

IMO...he has 1 foot in the no. 6 jersey for next year already...and if not should do. I hope he individually, along with Wenty have a successful finals campaign.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee that was a walk in the park

Storm dont have a great deal of depth for next year

Seriously I think that was our best game of the year that I have seen the Wenty boys play.

Blokes like Tom Humble, and Taniela Lasalo played great, and are starting to bring some First Grade experiance back with them. I hope Ant Mitchell will do the same.

Also for those wondering Melbourne were just under us in the Ladder and that game was for 6th spot. The Storm did only have the 17 blokes on the pitch though, the other blokes were over at the NRL game @ Leichhardt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts