What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
how did ken sio go?

went well, scored 2 tries but didn't have much to do, by the time the ball got to second or third receiver we scored

Humble controlled the game from 5/8, he's a good ball runner but I've never seen him play the play maker so well as he did in this game

Gronk

Staff member
Brendan Oak and Tom Humble are too good for NSW Cup. Honourable mentions to Armit & Lassalo.

Didn't get to see much of Sio. Whilst he scored 2, a player ready for NRL really should have dominated against a bits and pieces Storm side.

What position does Goodwin play ? He looked sharp at times.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Unfortunately Brendan Oake is too small for NRL....

Poor bloke. He'll be a superstar in the NSW cup his whole life - or head over to England, but he just can't cut it at NRL level because he's 10kgs too light for the style of game he plays.

Gronk

Staff member
Unfortunately Brendan Oake is too small for NRL....

Poor bloke. He'll be a superstar in the NSW cup his whole life - or head over to England, but he just can't cut it at NRL level because he's 10kgs too light for the style of game he plays.

Yep I was thinking the same thing watching him last night - off to France for you...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Brendan Oak and Tom Humble are too good for NSW Cup. Honourable mentions to Armit & Lassalo.

Didn't get to see much of Sio. Whilst he scored 2, a player ready for NRL really should have dominated against a bits and pieces Storm side.

What position does Goodwin play ? He looked sharp at times.

Grayson is an outside back who can easily fit in 1 to 5, a really handy goal kicker, the only thing that is stopping his progress and development is injuries.

I agree..good player.

boxhead

First Grade
Wow, our Wenty side is looking really good.
I'll have to find a replay of that game on the web and watch it, love to see our juniors and reserve-graders win as much as our first grade :D
I don't know much about the NSW Cup, but looking at our recent victories, is it comfortable to say we are the form team of the competition at the moment?

Also, I looked at our place on the NSW Cup ladder and noticed something interesting; though we are 6th, Wenty have scored the second-most amount of points all season by any club.
However, they are also the 5th worst defensive team.
Good thing is, the lowest we can possibly finish is 6th, and the highest we can finish is.....6th :lol:

Do you guys think we are a genuine chance in the finals?

Last edited:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
went well, scored 2 tries but didn't have much to do, by the time the ball got to second or third receiver we scored

Humble controlled the game from 5/8, he's a good ball runner but I've never seen him play the play maker so well as he did in this game

Do you think P Sterling's influence over the past month or so has helped Tom become a better 6 now? If this is true then lets encourage Peter to get more involved next year. Maybe a part time P Sterling is all the assistance DA needs for next year. Peter can do lots of analysis work at home by watching all the videos, chat to DA & other coaches (and players) about it, as well as helping at least one day a week at training OR all the halves go and visit Peter up at the Central Coast every now and then, plenty of fields to practice on including the Central Coast Stadium..., put the players up in a motel for a night or two and let Peter put in 16 to 24 hours of intense training/grilling on all the important facets of being a great 7 & 6....

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I'll have to find a replay of that game on the web and watch it, love to see our juniors and reserve-graders win as much as our first grade :D
I don't know much about the NSW Cup, but looking at our recent victories, is it comfortable to say we are the form team of the competition at the moment?

Also, I looked at our place on the NSW Cup ladder and noticed something interesting; though we are 6th, Wenty have scored the second-most amount of points all season by any club.
Good thing is, the lowest we can possibly finish is 6th, and the highest we can finish is.....6th :lol:

Please post the link if you ever find it... would love to watch this game too..

boxhead

First Grade
Yeah, will do.
Hey, I found out Wenty were the 2008 premiers in a 100 minute long match :shock:
I keep forgetting how great our juniors usually go (obviously our NYC team has struggled this year).

Nikki

Coach

I think the test will come on Saturday arvo. We are playing the Tigers out at Leichhardt who have finished 3rd. I dont think they will move from their spot either so we get to play them Week 1. They have been our bogey team over the years. I still think we can improve so hopefully we do step up that notch going into the finals. Want someone to watch Grand Final day!

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yeah, will do.
Hey, I found out Wenty were the 2008 premiers in a 100 minute long match :shock:
I keep forgetting how great our juniors usually go (obviously our NYC team has struggled this year).

Was this the game where James Maloney proved to all and sundry that he would never make an NRL half? Ive never seen so many poor attempts at field goal as i saw in that match. If I remember rightly Wenty scored a try to win that game in extra, extra time. I guess James has improved a little since then.

boxhead

First Grade
Ah that's a shame.
Still, against what is a top two side (?), we should be happy with that.

Forty20

First Grade
Just a reminder for everyone with access to Foxtel, Wenty v Balmain will be televised at 5pm on 502 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts