What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyGun

Juniors
Who do you guys expect to play in the halves next year? We've lost Mortimer and Humble (although he didn't much this year did he?), would you expect possibly Mullaney or Barba to step up?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was told that wenty signed Lancen joudo who played for the cowboys and actually made his fg debut with the sharks in 08 or 09i think..

He's a penrith junior and also plays in the halves.

boxhead

First Grade
Might just be my morning blues but I looked at a few pre-season photos uploaded by the Eels facebook today, and one of them was focussed on Marmin Barba; the description was "fresh and ready for the new challenges the NRL will be handing out".
He's training with the first grade team, is inelligible for the NYC - might just be Facebookk hype but maybe he is being prepared for a first-grade debut midway to late into next season?

Gronk

Staff member
I was told that wenty signed Lancen joudo who played for the cowboys and actually made his fg debut with the sharks in 08 or 09i think..

He's a penrith junior and also plays in the halves.

Wiki says he's a hooker but can play in the 1/2s.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yeah that would probably be the case...

Another major signing that wenty have apparently made is Ryan walker, an outside back from penrith/Windsor who played a little first grade last season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Apparently Souths' backups played most of the game against Warrington. Did any of their first grade squad run out for Norths?

Also, how many of our top 35 played today?

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Not sure how he did it. But i saw him icing it.
No first graders were playing for Norths. Mullaney, Smith, Penese all turned out for Wenty. Mullaney started off slow, dropped a early bomb that led straight to a Bears try. Penese was strong, seemed to get abit tired toward the end with a couple of handling errors. Smith went well, i think he played at half for a while there while Hunt went to hooker. Smith threw a great ball to McKenzie to put him down the sideline for a try. Another player i thought went well was the center Dylan Gilbert i think his name is. Was strong all game, scored a long range intercept try and did the Tahu signature move.

strider

Post Whore
Not sure how he did it. But i saw him icing it.
No first graders were playing for Norths. Mullaney, Smith, Penese all turned out for Wenty. Mullaney started off slow, dropped a early bomb that led straight to a Bears try. Penese was strong, seemed to get abit tired toward the end with a couple of handling errors. Smith went well, i think he played at half for a while there while Hunt went to hooker. Smith threw a great ball to McKenzie to put him down the sideline for a try. Another player i thought went well was the center Dylan Gilbert i think his name is. Was strong all game, scored a long range intercept try and did the Tahu signature move.

what, had a big cry?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I thought Pene terapo played well too..

our second string NYC side played out a 36 all with wenty Bundy/A grade side.

impressive players included: Luke Vesico, Jamal Hopoate, James tuitahi Rodney Maefauo and Fraser!

MrT

Juniors
I thought Pene terapo played well too..

our second string NYC side played out a 36 all with wenty Bundy/A grade side.

impressive players included: Luke Vesico, Jamal Hopoate, James tuitahi Rodney Maefauo and Fraser!

Stagger, you think Luke Vesico may develop into a 1st grader? Would be great to have a gun hooker

Status
Not open for further replies.