What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

m0nty

Juniors
Two things that Harold Mitchell said were interesting.

The first was that one of the main things the AFL has over rugby league, in his opinion, was that AFL appealed to the "whole family", with the implication that the NRL only appeals to men. I wonder if that's a line that the AFL itself is pushing in negotiations, which Mitchell has picked up on. I'd be interested to see research on this issue.

The second was that he had talked to Ross Oakley about the perils of starting up a new club, and the thing he mentioned was that for privately-owned clubs, it was vitally important not to let the club become the plaything of the rich, and instead to remain in touch with the grass roots. I hope the people behind the independent commission have also consulted Oakley - I would presume they have, since he's the local expert on setting one up.

Green Machine

First Grade
Harold Mitchell is tool. He’s been a mouthpiece for the AFL in the past. He said that Rugby League won’t get a big TV deal next time because it’s not Australia wide (even though the Swans struggle on NSW TV). He mentioned something about the whole family don’t watch Rugby League. I think he was alluding to women, which is utter BS. I had to laugh when he mentioned about sport being dominate on PayTV, he didn’t recognise that most of those top 40 PayTV hits were Rugby League,

Green Machine

First Grade
The second was that he had talked to Ross Oakley about the perils of starting up a new club, and the thing he mentioned was that for privately-owned clubs, it was vitally important not to let the club become the plaything of the rich, and instead to remain in touch with the grass roots. I hope the people behind the independent commission have also consulted Oakley - I would presume they have, since he's the local expert on setting one up.
I don’t think we’ve got too much to worry about with the current private owners of NRL clubs. There’s no Christopher Skase’s or Dr Edelstein’s amongst them. Souths have the highest membership of any of the clubs,

Borat.

Juniors
I don’t think we’ve got too much to worry about with the current private owners of NRL clubs. There’s no Christopher Skase’s or Dr Edelstein’s amongst them. Souths have the highest membership of any of the clubs,

Pretty sure it is still the Broncos.....souths of any Sydney club....

Not 100 % sure though....

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The show isn't worth watching if it gets everyone so worked up. We all know its a Melbourne based show & we all know they are wrong on te subject of RL.

They are all small minded fanatics taking there religion to the heathens & they are simply, misguidedly of the belief that the AFL will ever mean anything in Sydney. I mean, they truly believe this. They're idiots.

We should still complain about this show. The ABC buckled to the Victorians when they scrapped the national sports report on the news because they didn't want a Sydney-based production. Now we have to put up with this Victorian sh*t.

Also,

They made Danny Wicks out to be Pablo Escobar drug lord and ruler of Columbia and Matthew Stokes from Geelong out to be a poor young man who made a mistake once and once only.

It is an AFL centric show full of dribble and that sheila with the lisp drives me nuts.

Bubbles

babyg

Juniors

Paullyboy

Coach
There was definitely a bit of bias there. Interesting that the union guy found it very hard to mention rugby league. Surely a sign that there will not be a nice relationship with the Storm.

That's a good thing though, the closer the two sports are linked in a non-heartland area - the harder the fight is to push it as being a dominant code. Union's only hope is to ride of leagues coat-tails, I was worried the Storm would take the moral highground and work with the Union team, but if the Union mob are going to be arrogant (as Union people tend to be) and assume they can make it on their own - it's great news for league in Victoria.

Brutus

Referee
sam_newman_wilson_400.jpg

Caro is treated so well in fumbleball circles.

Great to see she remains so loyal to her beloved code.

Once Dead

Bench
Hahahahhahah. Did anyone see Sydney FC representative Edwin Lugt tell Beccy that she didn't know much about the A-League crowd situation?

Of course she responded with reference to ugly post game scenes between fans once the cross to Edwin ended.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I enjoy watching EPL.

The A-League is like watching a pub comp. Rubbish to even entertain that it will EVER capture the attention of the greater public. Soccer has been marginalised in Oz for years & for good reason. The local game is joke, subjugated by Old World ethnic ties not valid to the Australian culture. NRL & AFL are, thats why they'll ALWAYS be the big dogs in Oz.

Latest posts