What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

taipan

Referee
Some of comments by them (all AFL dwerps)and once again sinking the boot into the NRL.Words to the effect not verbatum

Whately (AFL) commentator and moderator on the Offsiders.
On the richter scale of drug issues the AFL is a 2.5 and the NRL is a 9.
Sandor Earls infraction will leave some playes nervous etc.
There is a story about Ben Barba and a photo showing an injury of a woman that should be looked into by the NRL.

Hinds:
The AFL got into this issue early and had the decision made by the semi finals..The NRL has taken too long ,and people within the game say there is no problem ASADA is a joke ,and the code will look silly with a decision after the finals.

Harms:The Kavanagh report stated this(insert name of supplements) ,and that will be used by ASADA in their final report to the NRL.

The token AFL following bird Kelly Underwood lauded the way the AFL handled the overall picture,but was a little critical of the leniency given to Essendon.

Whately and Dicky Hinds were the most critical of the NRL.

The ABC has never been known for its balance,and the Offsiders show reinforces the argument. How the hell can you get a balance when not one rl commentator or journo is on the show.
The other additional AFL derps are Cassidy and the lisping Harpie.

BuffaloRules

Coach
The last Offsiders episode of the year says it all.

It's on the day after the AFL grand final, and the day of the NRL grand final.

The recap of the AFL game gets 25 minutes.

Preview of the NRL grand final shares the other 5 mins with horse racing and women's A-League soccer.

nrlnrl

First Grade
The last Offsiders episode of the year says it all.

It's on the day after the AFL grand final, and the day of the NRL grand final.

The recap of the AFL game gets 25 minutes.

Preview of the NRL grand final shares the other 5 mins with horse racing and women's A-League soccer.

Hang on, AFL GF is on a week earlier this year. They've changed it back to be the last Saturday in September. ( Sep 28 & NRL is Oct 6 )

CC_Roosters

First Grade
What should we say, and who should we complain to?

Well i know in the UK that the BBC and BskyB receive a lot of complaints about bias in news stories, so maybe the same thing can apply to sports. After all doesn't the ABC receive public funding or am i wrong on this?

Packy

Bench
Name should definitely be changed to:

The AFL offsiders-wait a minute there isn't any rules in AFL.. THE Onsiders.. oh wait.. The Siders?

taipan

Referee
I sent a complaint a few months ago,regarding the composition of the panel,being AFL biased and no rugby league people commenting ATT.

They responded in the usual defensive manner there is no bias,but Adam Freier's(Rebel ru player and then on the panel) father player for the Roosters and is a rl fan.
And my dad played soccer in his youth,does that make me a full blown soccer fan?

If anyone needs further proof look at the makeup of last Sunday's panel.Not one real rl on board.The show is not balanced and no amount of ABC spin,can cover the fact.

I suggest continued complaints to the ABC may get the message through.I have at least said my bit.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was of the opinion that Barry Cassidy is a Union fan first and foremost, which by and large made him an AFL fan second.

I'm sure he made that clear once a few years ago.

taipan

Referee
I was of the opinion that Barry Cassidy is a Union fan first and foremost, which by and large made him an AFL fan second.

I'm sure he made that clear once a few years ago.

Cassidy does not hold back on his Collingwood allegiances on regular occasions.His devotion to union of late is rather muted IMO.His critique of rugby league is ever present.

Knock On

Juniors
Offsiders should be thrown off television as soon as the Liberal Party gets into power and it makes significant slashings on the ABC budget.

Offsiders is blatantly a hate vehicle of Rugby League.

Australia is made up of Sydney dominated media, Liberal Party ruling, Rugby League, Meat Pies, Ford or Holden and the Bra Boys down the Cronulla beach taking on Lebanese people.
How does this criterion fit into such a snivelly nose, up its sell, Melbourne run show as Offsiders.
The blokes on it know nothing.
Gerard Wheatley is a moron.

The Sheila on it is just an AFL plant.

And no one, no one on it loves Rugby League. Which is Australias No 1 sport.
Shoot them all and replace them with Sydney people who know a bit about sport.

ABC TV bow your head in shame.
Tony Abbott get in there and cut the budget for this messy, ugly Rugby league hating program.

Patorick

Staff member
You do realise that Barrie Cassidy is close friends with several important people in the Liberal Party, right?