What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
About two minutes spent on the RL GF this morning 22 minutes into the show, no footage whatsoever. More time spent on AFL bric-a-brac two weeks after their season finished and horse racing. I think the week before at least half was dedicated to the AFL GF.

Pretty damned pathetic.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
A disgrace. The atmosphere, crowd & result was something the AFL lackies of Offsiders didn't expect and no way were they going to convey that to regular watches.

taipan

Referee
I'd like to fire off another shot to the ABC but am reluctant ,as I have done so twice before,and me regularly complaining makes me look a real whining gimp ,which they would ignore.
The bias is so blatant.One could sum the program up Melbourne based,Melbourne biased.
To treat a major sporting event in this country with a couple of minutes and no vision,is bleeding contemptive.Here endeth my rant.:fist:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I noticed a while back they stopped having individual clips for the various sports, must be because of all the Leaguies looking at the NRL and not bothering with the rest. You now need to watch the whole bloody thing, and what a waste that was when they put 2 mins worth in and showed no footage of the biggest game of the year.

docbrown

Coach
The show's bias is pretty obvious and nothing's going to change. That said I don't know why people tune in thinking otherwise.

I wonder if Masters will just snap one day and punch somebody.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
The show's bias is pretty obvious and nothing's going to change. That said I don't know why people tune in thinking otherwise.

I wonder if Masters will just snap one day and punch somebody.

Hehe, I do watch just to see if he's on there stirring the mexicans up.

Noticed he corrected the Victorians about their so called second ever Indigenous side from Australia (1868 cricket side being the first) playing overseas shortly, pity carro wasn't there, the tards only missed out by 40 odd years, to Rugby League again :lol:

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Today mostly horse racing and soccer. More time and footage was given to the AFL/GAA hybrid game than to the NRL GF - and most AFL fans and players couldn't give a stuff about the game.

I think the term that best sums up this program is "melbourne-centric".

El Diablo

Post Whore
good to see Roy correct that idiot when he claimed the NRL think the whole ASADA thing is over

he also corrected the AFL who wrongly claimed their report was an ASADA one and everything is sweet

Patorick

Staff member
Used to love this show.

Haven't watched since Manly beat Souths in the semi.

Just not captivating enough anymore.

undertaker

Coach
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/19925338/abc-probes-leaking-of-journos-salaries/

The ABC has launched an investigation into the leaking of confidential payroll details of its top broadcasters and journalists.

A salary document detailing the annual pay of dozens of ABC staffers has been published in The Australian, revealing Lateline host Tony Jones is the public broadcaster's highest-paid presenter on $355,789 a year.

ABC managing director Mark Scott says he's very concerned about the release of such private information.

"I think everyone would expect that payroll information should be confidential. It shouldn't leak," he told ABC Radio in Melbourne on Wednesday.

"I'm very concerned about that and an investigation has been launched this morning into how that information could have got out."

The documents show 7.30 presenter Leigh Sales is paid less than Mr Jones, earning $280,400 a year, while Insiders presenter Barrie Cassidy earns $243,478.

Presenter Waleed Aly is paid $187,500 and former political editor Chris Uhlmann earns $255,400 a year, according to the documents.

Mr Scott said a Senate estimates hearing had already decided it wasn't in the public interest to release the ABC's payroll information.

"This hurts the ABC and it hurts the ABC's ability to attract and maintain talent," he said.

He added that most private sector executives would believe the ABC's salary rates are far less than those in commercial television and radio.

ABC Melbourne Radio presenter Jon Faine was reported to earn $285,249 in the leaked documents.

On his morning breakfast show he confirmed he did make that amount a few years ago, but revealed he recently signed a new contract for $300,000 a year.

"I'm not embarrassed. I'm annoyed," he said of the salary information being released.

6a00e0097e4e68883301538fd268ff970b-800wi

There you go folk! $243,478 of your hard-earned tax payer's money goes towards feeding that Victorian, RL-hating grub

Latest posts