What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

Notell

Juniors
I actually think Underwood quoted Kent word-for-word a few times today.

News mantra production unlimited.

Well spotted. Squirm-worthy watching someone patently with NFI failing when attempting to speak with authority. Very similar to the disgraceful WWOS "Sunday Serve" when the token female questioned why Ashton Agar was dropped in England a couple of games after nearly scoring a century.

El Diablo

Post Whore
you mean before they briefly mentioned Rugby League?

i didn't think they were going to mention it all this morning

too busy sticking up for Essendope

Red Bear

Referee
Meh.

Long interview with Ange and much of the rest of the program centred on the ASADA and Essendon event s (in which Wilson was highly critical of Essendon).

They only briefly mentioned the results of each code.

Starkers

Bench
it was probably fair enough this weekend, but they needed a decent origin preview as well, and a decent origin review next sunday as well. australia getting smashed by spain and the netherlands needs to be balanced out by that.

how dare they spend half their show on the biggest sporting even of the world!! And much of that was with the coach of the National Team!

But it will go back to normal this weekend.

TheRam

Coach
You're a bunch of idiots. You all obviously love upsetting yourselves. So stop pretending to be shocked and appalled at the obvious bias in that Victorian abomination of a AFL pr show and the sycophants that present it. You know they will never change, so just suck it up Daisies or switch off. But to constantly gripe about the inevitable slant of AFL vomit enducing love that is exhibited on a weekly basis, is to say the least, nauseating.

Canard

Immortal
You're a bunch of idiots. You all obviously love upsetting yourselves. So stop pretending to be shocked and appalled at the obvious bias in that Victorian abomination of a AFL pr show and the sycophants that present it. You know they will never change, so just suck it up Daisies or switch off. But to constantly gripe about the inevitable slant of AFL vomit enducing love that is exhibited on a weekly basis, is to say the least, nauseating.

In short, I don't want you guys to talk about this anymore, and want to stifle any discussion about the show.

Eventhough, I don't have to click on this thread or comment at all, and any comments are no skin off my nose.

My considered response to your post, is Piss off mate!

Red Bear

Referee
Half the problem is there aren't many in the NRL media who actually carry decent discussion without sounding like gibbering idiots, and whilst there's definitely criticism worthy of some of the AFL-alligned people for what they say, their performance on camera is generally quite decent, which is where Offsiders success lies.

Bill Woods goes alright on ABC radio, and John Stanley is decent when he's on offsiders, but can you imagine a clown like Buzz Rothfield or Danny Weidler on that type of show?

Dragon_Taylor6

Juniors
Half the problem is there aren't many in the NRL media who actually carry decent discussion without sounding like gibbering idiots, and whilst there's definitely criticism worthy of some of the AFL-alligned people for what they say, their performance on camera is generally quite decent, which is where Offsiders success lies.

Bill Woods goes alright on ABC radio, and John Stanley is decent when he's on offsiders, but can you imagine a clown like Buzz Rothfield or Danny Weidler on that type of show?

Those two would fit right in.

taipan

Referee
P*ssOff Siders.
The week(sunday) following the NRL grand final in 2013,this mob gave less than a couple of minutes to the game.

Their priorities are plainly obvious.

if you want to watch Offsiders just for Rugby League, don't bother. You can just wait half an hour and watch "Wide World of Sports" on Channel Nine where they talk about League (and other sports). Even more, you can watch a show entirely on rugby league at 11.30am for two hours called The Sunday Footy Show!

Starkers

Bench
yeah we're in violent agreement on it el diablo. i think a guy like jimmy smith would go alright on the show for the leagueies. i've been impressed with him lately. seems he does lots of research before going on air.

Latest posts