What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

insert.pause

First Grade
He obviously meant Wellington but accidentally said Auckland...get over it. Offsiders is a good show. Some people just want to criticise everything.
Maybe.

...and calling the tournament 'international rugby'? If he's going to put himself out there as an authority on the game and criticise it on the basis of being an 'expert panelist', he should be able to talk like hes at least familiar with it.

There has been a long running pattern in how the show discusses league and usually the on field stuff is secondary to discussing scandal, imaginary, small or otherwise. It's in stark contrast with how they approach AFL discussions, which are centered on the on field game to the extent that they go through highlights of the weekends games, league highlights are barely shown for one game and even then it's used more as a segue for discussing scandal. It is a Victorian show masquerading as a national one.

Mr Saab

Referee
He obviously meant Wellington but accidentally said Auckland...get over it. Offsiders is a good show. Some people just want to criticise everything.

You are very easily pleased. It is a rubbish show and a waste of tax payers money. May as well call it "Behinds" as all they love is AFL and they have their heads so far up their "Behinds"

nomis88

Juniors
You are very easily pleased. It is a rubbish show and a waste of tax payers money. May as well call it "Behinds" as all they love is AFL and they have their heads so far up their "Behinds"

I have a simple solution for you. Don't watch it.

Mr Saab

Referee
I rarely do. I might do a stop over for 1 minute...but then move on after another NRL bashing session by their sanctimonious hosts (underwood and gerrard)

nomis88

Juniors
Why is this a valid solution? Its not going to stop them saying what they say, but constantly smashing them might.

If your IQ is not high enough to appreciate this great show, stick to your moronic Ch9 and Fox shows with luninaries such as Fittler and Tallis.

Mr Saab

Referee
If your IQ is not high enough to appreciate this great show, stick to your moronic Ch9 and Fox shows with luninaries such as Fittler and Tallis.

Great show? A show where AFL turds smell like choc chip muffins?
A show where league is hammered no matter what they do.
A left wing political station and left wing sports station.

Flapper

First Grade

:lol: whip whatever you've got up your arse out and get a bit of perspective. Just because I don't like an AFL biased show masquerading as a "sports" program doesn't mean I like space cadets like Fittler and Tallis.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I have a simple solution for you. Don't watch it.

What a childish reply.

It's a national sports show on a government funded network, yet the panelists spend the majority of the show talking about one sport.

It makes as much sense as a national sports show in the US showing every dunk in every NBA game each weekend and then barely mentioning the scores for the NFL games.

nomis88

Juniors
What a childish reply.

It's a national sports show on a government funded network, yet the panelists spend the majority of the show talking about one sport.

It makes as much sense as a national sports show in the US showing every dunk in every NBA game each weekend and then barely mentioning the scores for the NFL games.

This is a very serious discussion, Queensland merkins should not get involved

Offsiders had their last show of the year earlier this morning.

The year in review highlights I believe was a good generic one. I think it showed the Australian codes equally. Showed the NSW winning the origin and Souths winning their first premiership in 30 odd years. Other "events" included the AFL Grand Final, the Waratahs winning the super 15, the Socceroos in the World Cup and obviously cricket and Phillip Hughes.

Highlights of the year was show first, then discussion followed. Cricket was mentioned, ad to the soccer, with Ange Postecoglou a panellist.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Big Nose picking the AFL GF as the sporting event of the year.

Please.

A one sided contest over by half time with the winner having won plenty of times recently.

They must have it in their charter to mention the AFL at least once per show. It's like they can never admit the NRL just once may have had something better.

_snafu_

Immortal
Offsiders had their last show of the year earlier this morning.

The year in review highlights I believe was a good generic one. I think it showed the Australian codes equally. Showed the NSW winning the origin and Souths winning their first premiership in 30 odd years. Other "events" included the AFL Grand Final, the Waratahs winning the super 15, the Socceroos in the World Cup and obviously cricket and Phillip Hughes.

Highlights of the year was show first, then discussion followed. Cricket was mentioned, ad to the soccer, with Ange Postecoglou a panellist.

Did they report about the Four 'n Twenty All Bogger game?

Starkers

Bench
yeah saw that. fair enough that the focus was cricket. but such a strange episode with that much union. no mention of the AFL-Essendon-Elephant in the Room either.

insert.pause

First Grade
yeah saw that. fair enough that the focus was cricket. but such a strange episode with that much union. no mention of the AFL-Essendon-Elephant in the Room either.

You would expect the ABC to be more encouraging of events which promote indigenous culture and awareness.

Starkers

Bench
Credit where due; today's episode was heavily NRL focussed with limited AFL sycophants on the panel.

I watched it too, and thought they did a good job talking about the NRL season opener. Credit to them too.

Little afl talk this time around.

Not Offsiders but sticking with ABC, the other week I had Francis Leach on and he had two AFL types from Adelaide and Perth on the radio, and they were decrying the lack of atmosphere, promotion and emphasis given to the Indigenous AFL All-stars game in WA. The three of them went on to say the AFL aren't paying it respect and that the NRL are doing it way, way better and that the NRL Indigenous stars - playing or not - are all there promoting not only RL but the Indigenous communities and their causes.

I was quite shocked TBH cause I thought it was going to be a bash the NRL thing, but the 3 pro-AFL voices were very positive for the NRL and saying the AFL could be doing it so much better and that it probably wouldn't. Then they gave the international AFL match a bit of a kicking too.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Francis Leach has appeared to tone down his rhetoric over these past few years. I think he is aiming to position himself as a serious sports broadcaster and develop his career in the field.

Whately has tried to do this also but he isn't good at hiding his complete lack of understanding for Rugby League. Leach actually goes to games whereas I would say Whately never bothers.

Latest posts