What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
Last night on the Sportsfan Club House (or whatever the f**k it's called, not a horrible show, they give all sports a fair run), the AFL knob (below) on the panel was asked why giggleball is the ultimate Australian sport.

"NRL plays are usually fat," the singlet-wearing freak lisped. "In the NRL you play in front of crowds of 8,000, but in the AFL you get to run out in front of 100,000 people every week. Why would you watch anything else?"

The soccer panelist had a laugh at the stick insect and said, "Yeah, why would anyone pay to see someone like Sonny Bill Williams when they could watch a physical specimen like you?"

The poor Victorian looked like he was gunna cry...

535434-afl-round-15.jpg

Last edited:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I rarely watch the show but I have it on in the background so I can see that segment, I'll post how far along if I find it.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Last night on the Sportsfan Club House (or whatever the f**k it's called, not a horrible show, they give all sports a fair run), the AFL knob (below) on the panel was asked why giggleball is the ultimate Australian sport.

"NRL plays are usually fat," the singlet-wearing freak lisped. "In the NRL you play in front of crowds of 8,000, but in the AFL you get to run out in front of 100,000 people every week. Why would you watch anything else?"

The soccer panelist had a laugh at the stick insect and said, "Yeah, why would anyone pay to see someone like Sonny Bill Williams when you could watch a physical specimen like you?"

535434-afl-round-15.jpg
Holy shit what a dressing down :lol: Props to the soccer bloke.

elbusto

Coach
Holy shit what a dressing down :lol: Props to the soccer bloke.
The interesting part is the moron talking about playing in front of crowds of 100000 every week. The average is one third of that and there wwas not one crowd that size this year.

These people are deluded.

By the way I have no idea who that bloke is. But he is an essenbong player so maybe he took too much elephant juice?

LESStar58

Referee

The soccer panelist had a laugh at the stick insect and said, "Yeah, why would anyone pay to see someone like Sonny Bill Williams when they could watch a physical specimen like you?"

535434-afl-round-15.jpg

Brilliant!

What happened to it today ? I was looking forward to Caroline Wilson's insite into the NRL grand final but it wasn't even on.

heights

Juniors
Did anyone catch Waleed Ali's comment on the Offsiders Sunday?

The guy from the AFR was saying RL has 4 of the top five TV shows for the year and Ali quickly jumped in to say, something along the lines of "oh but they're only for one off events, there average isnt great"

A TV show is a one off event you Murkin, whether its a game of footy, an episode of The Block or a Sunday night movie.

insert.pause

First Grade
Richard Hinds, the guy who feels qualified to write about rugby league, called the 4nations "international rugby" and claimed Auckland are crying out for a NRL team. I kid you not!

Richard Hinds, the guy who feels qualified to write about rugby league, called the 4nations "international rugby" and claimed Auckland are crying out for a NRL team. I kid you not!
Surprise surprise a sports journo who hasn't a clue whats going on in the real world of sport. Dick by name Dick by nature.

He said some dumb shit but was complimentary of the tournament. As were the other guests. It was only the nrls incompetent handling of the auvaa case that copped criticism and rightly so.

nomis88

Juniors

He obviously meant Wellington but accidentally said Auckland...get over it. Offsiders is a good show. Some people just want to criticise everything.