What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK so who DO you like?

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I like Erin Molan and Yvonne Sampson. Both are passionate about the game, can articulate it, and have that extra bit of polish that ex players lack. Sterlo is my pick of the ex players for an analysis of the game, and I like Finchy, Fittler and Johns for a bit of colour.

I think Joel Caine and Vossy are where broadcasters should be looking for their next generation of callers.

Brutus

Referee
I like Erin Molan and Yvonne Sampson. Both are passionate about the game, can articulate it, and have that extra bit of polish that ex players lack. Sterlo is my pick of the ex players for an analysis of the game, and I like Finchy, Fittler and Johns for a bit of colour.

I think Joel Caine and Vossy are where broadcasters should be looking for their next generation of callers.

Erin Molan is not passionate about rugby league. Yvonne Sampson is though.

langpark

First Grade
Big fan of Mascord, Warren Smith and Sterlo...

Also, over in the UK, Brian Carney has already become, in my opinion their best commentator/analyst....

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Also, over in the UK, Brian Carney has already become, in my opinion their best commentator/analyst....

He's the least biased and best well spoken UK commentator IMO.

For a bloke who barely knew the game at an early age, says plenty of good things.

He was a good winger the NRL shame he only played 1 season

souths_pride

Juniors
I think she is. I don't know why people are so harsh on her.

I think its mainly because people think shes a dumb b**** and what she says on the footy show is clearly scripted. Its plain to anyone who understands the game that she doesn't know a thing about footy. With political correctness the way it is now days, having Erin Molan on the footy show is a tokenistic gesture to get women involved in league!

Red Bear

Referee
On the ABC Alan Tongue is pretty good, and few recent ex-player additions aren't bad. Andrew Ryan, Luke Williamson, Mat Head. Brad Cook is also a good caller.

Some of the sideline people are pretty shit, and I miss the old format of Warren Ryan and Morrow pre and post game, don' really listen to the pregame any more.

North Qld games are basically unlistenable due to Laurie Spina