What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Guys and Girls.

I am just as disappointed as the rest of you, however, the next Tony Williams is just around the corner. At least Manly wasted a fair chunk of their flexible salary cap on his "potential".

Lets not lose our heads over one player.

good to see you here mate, but its not just one player, we lost John Mannah as well

no good having players just around the corner, Tony wasn't far from NRl level

at this rate, some one will swipe the one thats just around the corner as well

sorry, very angry atm

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Guys and Girls.

I am just as disappointed as the rest of you, however, the next Tony Williams is just around the corner. At least Manly wasted a fair chunk of their flexible salary cap on his "potential".

Lets not lose our heads over one player.
Williams,Mannah,Robinson,the Hindy look alike. Yepjust one player.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It doesn't matter if the next Wlliams is around the corner anyway, they won't get a game anyway.

MrT

Juniors
newmanj

Yes we will all see that sooner or later, but please let us blow off some steam first lol

F$%k Fitzi

The issue I have is this, Fitzi says Manlys offer was double. Now if we offered him $90k for next year, $120k for year after and 150k for year 3, which i see as being reasonable based on his talents. Now thats $360k over 3 years. If Manly offered double, then they are giving him over $200k a year.

Don't be surprised, Stagger, MITS dig up what you can, I bet he didn't sign for less than $200k a year - THAT GOES INTO HIS BANK ACCOUNT (I won't go into what i mean by this as I have been warned)

parra pete

Referee
Yeah like it was Hagan who came up with the over sized offer from manly. Get over yourselves the club is losing crap loads of money and your crying because a promising junior who is lazy and may never turn into a consistant first grader is leaving because he is greedy. Who gives a f--k. We have signed Inu, Hayne, Mateo and the Keating bros who have actually shown they can handle nrl. It is part of the game people, young players either chase a quick dollar or stay loyal. Remember we have Kelly, Hodkinson, Mitchell etc etc to lock up yet. Tony could be great but jezz he wants to get an attitude transplant soon or he will always be considered a lazy player and trainer. The PL grand final last year is a perfect example.

Fair comment imo.

MrT

Juniors
Just on another note, and Why Fitrzgerald has to go.
Do you think John Mannah or Tony Williams would have left if we had a bennett or Bellamy as coach?

Tizzun

Juniors
Parra has become no more than a junior nusery for the pathetic clubs in the NRL. To reiterate, Manly as a "club" are pathetic. I don't see what benefit they are to rugby league in Australia. Just to confirm Manly = pathetic.

newmanj

Juniors
Maybe losing Williams, will mean we can keep the Robinsons and Baumans of this world. We cant keep them all, can we now.

Bazal

Post Whore
Maybe losing Williams, will mean we can keep the Robinsons and Baumans of this world. We cant keep them all, can we now.

I think what most people are upset about is the fact that this is either a gross piece of mismanagement in not ensuring the most talented kid in our junior grades was signed up when we had the money, an indication that we are paying incredible overs for average blokes in our first grade squad, or both. Obviously you can't keep them all....but to lose two of the three most promising prospects in the club in the space of a fortnight, whilst retaining an average halfback on a relatively long deal, is a bit much for some to bear

Ron Jeremy

Coach

With all due respect newmanj, Tony Williams is by far the better prospect then the two you mentioned, i could live with them going if it meant that priority re-signings like Williams were obtained.