What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y2Eel

First Grade
doesn't Denis Fitzgerald buy and sell your players

He sign's the checks he doesnt choose he we keep thats the head coaches job..

If any club ceo or whatever the title starts doing that then if i was the coach i'd quit

newmanj

Juniors
Ron, i disagree with you. I actually rate David Bauman as having a greater chance of playing consistent first grade. Time may tell i am wrong, but my feeling is Bauman is the better of the 2. Thats the hard part about it, it is pure speculation until they actually go up and play well in that grade. Coaching staff have to make contract decisions based on things that are not always to do with onfield performances, either. Maybe there are other factors that are not obvious to all of us as to why we let them go.

I actually recall similar outrage years ago when we let Steve Witt go to the Knights.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What exactly is their intention?

"Oh, hey - you know what would be fun? Let's stock the team with hacks like Lowrie, Wagon, Robinson, etc. and actually drive the talented youngsters away, whilst paying massive overs to some of our other youngsters!"

:crazy:

newmanj

Juniors
This is the same situation as Karl Filinga at the sharks, where they paid way overs for him, and this year are trying to offload him. It is absolutely crazy to pay that sort of money for someone who has not paid first grade football. Good luck Manly.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ron, i disagree with you. I actually rate David Bauman as having a greater chance of playing consistent first grade. Time may tell i am wrong, but my feeling is Bauman is the better of the 2. Thats the hard part about it, it is pure speculation until they actually go up and play well in that grade. Coaching staff have to make contract decisions based on things that are not always to do with onfield performances, either. Maybe there are other factors that are not obvious to all of us as to why we let them go.

I actually recall similar outrage years ago when we let Steve Witt go to the Knights.

We'll agree to disagree on that, imo Williams has unlimited potential, flamboyant somehwat, tough, physical etc. Bauman reminds me more of the Chad Robinson type, not a bad player but our forwards this year ack variety and punch, Williams would've provided another dimension.

Yes i agree that their was outrage over Witt leaving, but at the time we were struggling in the halves hence why many were outraged over it, it proved to be the right decision, however different types of players and i'm more then confident that Williams wont be a bust in firsts.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
This is the same situation as Karl Filinga at the sharks, where they paid way overs for him, and this year are trying to offload him. It is absolutely crazy to pay that sort of money for someone who has not paid first grade football. Good luck Manly.

Is that true? wow

newmanj

Juniors
Also Ron, i do believe there is really only enough space in our team for either Feleti Mateo or Tony Williams. Having both in the team would be as bad as having Daniel Wagon and Chad Robinson in the same team.

Oops..........

Jodeci

Bench

Williams has more potential then Bauman. Better off loads, damaging runner on and off the ball, etc

If we lost Bauman, I wouldn't be jumping off the Cronin Stand like some people here would.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Also Ron, i do believe there is really only enough space in our team for either Feleti Mateo or Tony Williams. Having both in the team would be as bad as having Daniel Wagon and Chad Robinson in the same team.

Oops..........

lol, newmanj answer this question, with he players let go or not re-signed for next year are we looking at signing anyone? surely we must be under the salary cap considerably.