What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One day whilst watching the telly....

Surely

Post Whore
Actually I own a pub ... pretty much drink what i feel like, not too much mind you, thats why all my posts make so much sense ;)

Anonymous

Juniors
Mambo said:
... The Burrow is and always will be non-violence. If anyone is violent they are banned.

2nd August 2004:

Rugby league's refereeing dramas spilled over literally on Sunday night, with leading whistleblower Tony Archer having beer cups thrown at him after fulltime in the Newcastle-South Sydney game at Aussie Stadium.

Archer was roundly jeered by Souths fans as he left the field following Newcastle's 31-22 win over the Rabbitohs, with several supporters throwing plastic cups - including one containing beer - at the referee.

And...
Rabbitohs CEO statement on crowd behaviour
[South Sydney’s CEO Shane Richardson]
“It is a shame that a small minority of fans reacted in this way and have tarnished the name of South Sydney.

“We will not tolerate such behaviour at this Club and those responsible will have a case to answer.

...we cannot be letting a minority of fans set the example for kids growing up supporting Rugby League.”

from www.leagueunlimited.com

Anyone from the Burrow involved?

Doubtful, the ten of them congregate in Bay 38 which is the opposite side of the refs tunnel.

Also I believe perspective Burrow members have to go through a lengthy screening process which includes a blood test and having to pass an interview while hooked to a polygraph machine. So it's doubtful that any bad apples would get through. And if by chance they do they'll be tracked down in no time thanks to the micro chip inserted on their right shoulder. ;-)

Slugs

Denis'saints'Freak said:
Doubtful, the ten of them congregate in Bay 38 which is the opposite side of the refs tunnel.

Also I believe perspective Burrow members have to go through a lengthy screening process which includes a blood test and having to pass an interview while hooked to a polygraph machine. So it's doubtful that any bad apples would get through. And if by chance they do they'll be tracked down in no time thanks to the micro chip inserted on their right shoulder. ;-)

I think you are mixing up Souths supporters with your Number One supporter...............THE SKULL :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW Has he grown any hair lately or married a beautiful Asian lass :oops: :oops:

Anonymous

Juniors
So Slugs, do you know if anyone from the Burrow were involved?
According the CEO, they are looking for the trouble makers, which suggests they know where to start looking.

No matter which way you look at it, a disgraceful exhibition from certain 'supporters'.

Slugs

Willow said:
According the CEO, they are looking for the trouble makers, which suggests they know where to start looking.

No matter which way you look at it, a disgraceful exhibition from certain 'supporters'.

Willow

If you anything about the Burrow you would know they just love supporting Souths and singing their catchie tunes....not my go but heh each to their own.

I agree with your comments in relation to the trouble makers.....I would have thought that the Bullkebabs have a mortgage on that one.

This is completely out of character for a Souths supporter because we are used to getting beat and it is just like water off a ducks back. In this case we were rorted by the referee and the supporter let his frustrations out on the whistle blower........ :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anonymous

Juniors
Slugs said:
Willow said:

Willow

If you anything about the Burrow you would know they just love supporting Souths and singing their catchie tunes....not my go but heh each to their own.
We're not debating the passion of supporters.

Slugs said:
I agree with your comments in relation to the trouble makers.....I would have thought that the Bullkebabs have a mortgage on that one.
Hmmm... sounds like a deflection of blame.
Please explain why you call them "Bullkebabs"...?

Slugs said:
This is completely out of character for a Souths supporter because we are used to getting beat and it is just like water off a ducks back. In this case we were rorted by the referee and the supporter let his frustrations out on the whistle blower........ :evil: :evil: :evil:
Which is unacceptable behaviour... right?

So the question again, do you know if the trouble was being caused by any member(s) of the Burrow?

Slugs

Slugs said:
Willow

Willow said:
We're not debating the passion of supporters..

Passion can affect ones emotions/actions

Slugs said:

Willow said:
Please explain why you call them "Bullkebabs.

Bulldog supporters are mostly Lebanese...............hence the reference to kebabs.Thought that would be obvious :roll: :roll:

Slugs said:
Willow said:
Which is unacceptable behaviour... right?.

Yep

Willow said:
So the question again, do you know if the trouble was being caused by any member(s) of the Burrow?

In the context of the incident...would it make any difference ????

Bottom line it was a South Sydney supporter who is a season ticket holder and his actions were unacceptable. He will be appropriately delt with by the Club

Anonymous

Juniors
Slugs said:
Slugs said:

Willow said:
Please explain why you call them "Bullkebabs.

Bulldog supporters are mostly Lebanese...............hence the reference to kebabs.Thought that would be obvious :roll: :roll:
Oh... so it was a racist comment then?
That explains a lot.

Slugs said:
Willow said:

Bottom line it was a South Sydney supporter who is a season ticket holder and his actions were unacceptable. He will be appropriately delt with by the Club
In the context of this thread, it makes every bit of difference. Your Burrow mates claim that they don't start fights... which sounded silly when I first read it.

Anonymous

Juniors
Interesting item on nrl.com.
A big picture of "The Burrow" and than an article about the incident.
------------------------------
Souths-fans-cropped.jpg

Fan banned for two matches
One of the South Sydney fans who showered referee Tony Archer with beer at the weekend has been banned from attending the club's homes games for the remainder of the NRL season.

Souths officials, in conjunction with Aussie Stadium representatives, were able to identify the fan - a Rabbitohs season ticket-holder - off videotape on Tuesday.

He was called to a meeting with Souths chief executive Shane Richardson and NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley where it was decided he would be forced to sit-out the club's remaining games at Aussie Stadium.

Souths only have two games left at the ground - against Manly in round 24 and Brisbane in round 25.

The suspension will be reviewed at the end of the season.

"He's very apologetic," Richardson said on Tuesday night.

"But you can't have that sort of thing."

"We suspended him until the end of the year and we will review it after that."

Souths fans came in for heated criticism after Archer and his touch judges were pelted with beer cups following Sunday's clash with Newcastle at Aussie Stadium.

Richardson conceded the images weren't good for the game but also questioned the criticism of referees over the past two weeks, warning it was destroying the fabric of the game.

The NRL had the capacity to ban the supporter for life, however, Annesley said the league backed the action taken by the Rabbitohs.

"He was very contrite about the whole thing," Annesley said.

"He acknowledged that he did the wrong thing and he regretted it. The ban gives him time to think about his actions before the start of the new season.

"But I am sure, with what he said today, he won't be re-offending."

-----------------------------------------
A no violence policy eh Mambo?
And a no response policy as well it seems. :lol:

Slugs

Slugs said:

Willow said:
That explains a lot.?

So when Anthony Mundine calls himself "Chock" Is he considered racist ??

You are clutching at straws there Willow trying to scores some "Brownie points"

BTW If I call your team The Fagons instead of The Dragons does that class me as a racist to or just having a friendly jibe at your team

Slugs said:
Willow said:

Willow said:
In the context of this thread, it makes every bit of difference. Your Burrow mates claim that they don't start fights... which sounded silly when I first read it.

At no point have I said that it was a Burrow member that started the fight. Just because the fellow was a season ticket holder dosn't automatically mean he is a Burrow member

Anonymous

Juniors
Slugs said:
Slugs said:

Willow said:
That explains a lot.?

So when Anthony Mundine calls himself "Chock" Is he considered racist ??

You are clutching at straws there Willow trying to scores some "Brownie points"

BTW If I call your team The Fagons instead of The Dragons does that class me as a racist to or just having a friendly jibe at your team
I guess we've just worked out your level eh?

For a start, it's 'Choc' - it's an individual's nickname and he has no issues with it. It doesn't offend him.
By saying, 'BullKebabs', you are drawing a circle around a whole group of people based on their racial background. Therefore, you are being racist.
It creates angry responses and further intolerance.

Slugs, racism is ugly but there are varying degrees of what sort of harm it causes.
The first step towards understanding this is being aware of your own racism.
After that, you can enjoy the funny side of life more than ever before.

Slugs said:
At no point have I said that it was a Burrow member that started the fight. Just because the fellow was a season ticket holder dosn't automatically mean he is a Burrow member
You better take that up with the NRL.
They have just published an article (see above) which implicates The Burrow in a big way via the picture... which as they say, tells a thousand words.
Or do my eyes deceive me?

Wobbygong

First Grade
This thread will do me !

Tragic "Embarrassment of the League" supporters trying to give it to Dragqueen supporters.

I dislike the Draqueens as a club, but at least they don't have a mortgage on the wooden spoon each year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Wobbygong said:
This thread will do me !

Tragic "Embarrassment of the League" supporters trying to give it to Dragqueen supporters.

I dislike the Draqueens as a club, but at least they don't have a mortgage on the wooden spoon each year. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm glad you appreciate it Wobby. It touched a chord with me as well.

:lol:

Slugs

Willow said:
You better take that up with the NRL.
They have just published an article (see above) which implicates The Burrow in a big way via the picture... which as they say, tells a thousand words.
Or do my eyes deceive me?

Oh so just because the NRL puts a picture of the Burrow in their article you automatically come to the conclusion that a Burrow member is guilty.

Just for the Record The Burrow sit in Bay 38 so they would have to be pretty quick to get around to the entrance of the tunnel to throw the beer by the time the referee left the ground.

Here is a link to the Burrow's website and their reaction to the article you refer to. In one of the posts the culprit is indicated (and low and behold is NOT a member of the Burrow).

Hope this satisfies your curiousity Willow

http://www.theburrow.com.au/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=419&start=0

Latest posts