What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One eyed supporters

schif4eva said:
But seriously, what's wrong with fans being one eyed? so what? Why should I show respect to other teams other then my own? I don't see why I should talk up other clubs.

Maintaining some level of objectivity can go a long way to giving credence to someone's opinions. It doesn't matter if they only want to talk about their own players, thats sweet, it's when we have to endure their boastful tides about how their sh*thouse player is better than somebody elses sh*thouse player or even worse when they're bringing up conspiracy theories about referees who undermine their team, that are the hallmarks of a biased wanker.

WINNERS ON THIS BOARD= Most Knights fans.

I guess when somebody takes themselves so seriously its fun to rile them.

Earl

Coach
They all take over Paul Harragan.

That merkin must have his shpincter died red and blue.

Knightmare

Coach
Oh puh-leese! Although I remember being shut down by fellow Knights fans last year for daring to openly critiscise the team, I'm not about to deny that there is a one-eyed element from within our ranks.

domdom

Juniors
gotta say, i have alot of respect for knights fans after thier horror run last season. they still packed out the stadium up until they broke their duck.

most one eyed would have to be brisbane fans! biggest chip on the shoulder in the nrl (even more than melbourne!).

Barney_Gumble

Juniors
Who said I was trying to be funny? It's a known fact that Newcastle's one-eyed supporters blindly followed the ARL's plan for a "League Reich" when Super League was about revolutionsing and expanding RL to be a truly international game.

In fact, you can credit a lot of features present in NRL games to the forward thinking of Super League instead of the neanderthal attitudes of the ARL

Barney_Gumble

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Super League man - f**k off. Super league nearly killed the game

No it didn't. Super League was about taking RL in a new direction. You know all those features of NRL game you enjoyed?

[The following details were taken from Wikipedia] :mrgreen:

ANZAC Test
A Super League Test was played between Australia and New Zealand on ANZAC Day in 1997. There was some controversy at the time for the use of the word ANZAC, as many considered it inappropriate to compare sportspeople to soldiers. Although it was dropped from the annual schedule in the early years of the new millennium, it was revived in 2004, and is now contested each year. The winner of the ANZAC Test receives the Trans-Tasman Trophy.

[edit]
Night Grand Finals
The Super League Telstra Cup Grand Final was played on a Saturday night in Brisbane, whereas all NSWRL, ARL and NRL Grand Finals were traditionally played on a Sunday afternoon. From 2001 the NRL has played its Grand Finals on the Sunday night in October, to coincide with a Public Holiday in New South Wales the following day. Although a rating success for the Nine Network, this scheduling continues to upset traditionalists, who believe that having the Grand Final on a Sunday afternoon allows people to better celebrate the day, particularly with a Grand Final BBQ. Some in Sydney also believe that holding the Grand Final at night disuades parents with young children attending. It is also unpopular outside of New South Wales, as there is no Public Holiday in Queensland the following day, and the Grand Final begins late in the evening in New Zealand.

[edit]
Video Referees
At the Super League World Nines in 1996 the video referee was used for the first time. The Video referee allows an official to check the veracity of tries scored using footage from the television broadcasters. The NRL used Video Referees from its first season in 1998.

[edit]
Rule Changes
A number of rule changes were introduced in both the Super League and the ARL during the war that have been adopted by the NRL. Super League innovations include:

Zero tackle rule (in a modified form).
Scrums packed 20 metres in from touch.
Scoring team kicks off instead of non scoring team.

What did the ARL bring to the game? Nothing, jack sh!te, diddly squat. Ok, to be fair here's what the ARL did bring to the game.

- A slanderous propaganda campaign that Goebbels would have been proud of

- Venomous persecution of Super League players, officials and supporters which led to the establishment of the Gestapo for the ARL

- Neanderthal thinking and philosophy

Balmain_Boy

LOL.

Great find. The funny thing is, not one of Newcastle fan has told them to not get so far ahead of themselves; they're all in agreement.

Talk about counting your chickens.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
The Knights probably cop more sh*t then any other team on these forums

Pretty sure the Dogs cop more sh*t than any other team on this forum! In fact, I'm surprised this thread hasn't already turned into a bulldogs-hating thread!

The Souths Sydney Real Rabbitohs have announced their side for the Grand Final.

1. Churchill
2. Luke MacDougal
3. Sinclair
4. Sait
5. Merritt
6. Rogers
7. Grant
8. Sattler
9. Piggins
10. Grief
11. McCarthy
12. Minichello
13. Coote
14. Lowe
15. Craige
16. Senter
17. Cusack

Injuries & Suspensions

Adam MacDougal (Suspension - 1 Week - Dissent)
Joe Williams (Injury - 2 Weeks - Shattered Pride)
Scott Gedes (Injury- indefinite - undisclosed)

As much as i hate the knights, im gonna have to defend them here. Being biased is awesome. I love being full on biased, like i hate when i say to say a bulldogs fan "the broncos are gonna smash the dogs!" and that person says "yeah, ur probably right" Being Biased rules! However theres one type of person who shouldnt be biased and thats the media: Paul Harrogan is the worst at this but hes not the only one..... Laurie Daley, Matt Johns, Fatty Vautin, Greg Alexander...hell theres only one guy who i never see really show any bias and thats vossy.

Iafeta

Referee
I find Alexander not to be biased at all.

Shows insight into the behind the scenes stuff at Penrith, but not outright bias.

I know about 20 people that go to every Knights game, no matter where it is . They work to pay for the trips and dont get any other holidays . Some have had to change there jobs to be able to get to all games. A friend told me they need to get a life. I said, why it is there life. I personaly would willingly give up my life if it guarranteed We would win a premiership. Not one eyed just passionate.

sixtynine

Juniors
I feel the nights are more biased on average then most fans but hey there is nothing wrong with that

stevo

Juniors
i kinda think it's cool you guys think us knights fans are one eye but i reakon we are two eyed. We have one red eye and one blue eye! hehe

Every club would love to have fans like us, fans that are willing to go to games no matter what, even if we know we will prob get our arses wooped, we still turn up. I just wished i lived down there so i could get to games. 2 years with no games up in brissy sucks, specially seem we have won the last 2 against the home team!