What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One to watch: Jason Saab

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I said similar things four months ago. But according to some here, I was picking on humans I had no idea what was going on. Owen was not amused
Well, if you told the full truth you were claiming it was his Muslim beliefs that were driving his change of heart..

Completely disregarding that Saab isn’t actually a Muslim, but a Christian..

Anyway, why let facts get in the way of a good whinge, hey..

possm

Coach
Well, if you told the full truth you were claiming it was his Muslim beliefs that were driving his change of heart..

Completely disregarding that Saab isn’t actually a Muslim, but a Christian..

Anyway, why let facts get in the way of a good whinge, hey..
Saab's religion has nothing to do with it. Saab signed a contract and has the right to terminate the agreement; he just has to pay it out. Two years at about 150k-200k p/a. So what is going on, Saab just does not want to pay the contract our and his future club also don't want to pay the contract out or provide a suitable player in exchange.

The travel excuse just does not cut it because their is little difference in time traveling to his preferred club.

If the Dragons wanted to terminate the contract, Saab's manager would be demanding a pay out. So as soon as Saab realises that he will not get a release until the contract is paid out, the sooner he can move non.

TruSaint

Referee
You dont know what you are talking about.
Yeh I agree it has been played out too long in the media
And I will also agree that the kid has been poorly advised by his manager (in part) in respect to his media interviews and I will leave it at that
But the personal reasons for his departure will also remain just that and travel is only a part

Then kindly correct me on what i don't know.
I have no inside info, I can only read reports in media and this saga is not a good look.
Share any pertinent info that may change my mind rather than dismissing my view outright. Hows that.

mightydragon

Juniors
If there’s been a backflip since Hook was signed as the article suggests and it’s an indication of Hooks disciplinary approach then great, fully supported.

Who the f**k does this kid and his Manager think they are?

Honestly, between Korbin saying it was hard to get motivated and now this precious twit it’s a joke. Some of these blokes need to get a f**king real job.

Hook and our CEO have a job to do with the culture and I hope they’re hard, fair and relentless in our 100th season.
The problem with Saab is that everyone has been blowing wind up his arse as if he is the next big thing. He has done nothing special in his games to show me that he is any better than what we have. He is tall but was getting beaten for the high ball. He looks disinterested and scared to get amongst the heavy stuff. Undoubtedly he will get better with experience but he needs to bide his time as he isn't outshining what we already have. We will have to wait and see what a real coach in Hook does with him. Most of our squad went backwards under McGregor and Young.

BLM01

First Grade
Then kindly correct me on what i don't know.
I have no inside info, I can only read reports in media and this saga is not a good look.
Share any pertinent info that may change my mind rather than dismissing my view outright. Hows that.

Did not dismiss all of your view outright as you entitled to an opinion and shared it.and I agree the media saga does not look great as played out but I have addressed that....however
The key you miss.. reacted to you telling others who may support him need their head read
Instead of wanting to know his business...ask yourself
Why now come back and ask what may the truth be....Does not make sense, would you not do that first

I distinctly remember you doing the same to people forming opinions and slagging off on Gareth Widdop leaving as you apparently knew more that what was portayed in the media by knowing or speaking to his family or father without sharing the detail.
This time the roles are reversed except I was a supporter of Widdop and whilst disappointed he left us held no ill feeling as he was my favourite Dragon player in recent times since BMoz left.and i did not care of his reasons

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Did not dismiss all of your view outright as you entitled to an opinion and shared it.and I agree the media saga does not look great as played out but I have addressed that....however
The key you miss.. reacted to you telling others who may support him need their head read
Instead of wanting to know his business...ask yourself
Why now come back and ask what may the truth be....Does not make sense, would you not do that first

I distinctly remember you doing the same to people forming opinions and slagging off on Gareth Widdop leaving as you apparently knew more that what was portayed in the media by knowing or speaking to his family or father without sharing the detail.
This time the roles are reversed except I was a supporter of Widdop and whilst disappointed he left us held no ill feeling as he was my favourite Dragon player in recent times since BMoz left.and i did not care of his reasons

Here's the difference. Widdop didnt make of a mockery of his departure.

He clearly stated the reason for leaving and his regret. Both Club and player showed empathy and humility. Gareth had played how many games for us ? Saab has played 7 in total.

Its his right to want out. Its the manner I dislike.

Gareth's initial approach to the Club was in confidence seeing if there was an opportunity to go back home. It wasn't a demand. They mutually agreed.

Old Timer

Coach
No doubt Saab starting looking for a release under the assumption that the late great Mc Fookknuckle was still going to be our coach so once that was put into motion it is hard to go back.

it looks like the club initially entertained releasing him but now with a professional coaching team in place the situation has obviously changed to ensure the club is not disadvantaged (happened too many times) so the kid will use all measures available to secure his objective.

So IMO neither party are in the wrong it is just the way it has panned out and all sides need to re-evaluate what is they best outcome and how to achieve that.

Not the 1st time it has happened and won’t be the last and as the kid is yet to prove his worth in 1st grade it is hardly worth getting our knickers in a knot about it but of course the press love to manipulate the situation, ambush the unwordly and make a beat up out of it.

BLM01

First Grade
Here's the difference. Widdop didnt make of a mockery of his departure.

He clearly stated the reason for leaving and his regret. Both Club and player showed empathy and humility. Gareth had played how many games for us ? Saab has played 7 in total.

Its his right to want out. Its the manner I dislike.

Gareth's initial approach to the Club was in confidence seeing if there was an opportunity to go back home. It wasn't a demand. They mutually agreed.

No difference..Saab did not demand...both asked if they could be released out of contracts and had their reasons but Saab has been poorly advised ....his management also wanted it known for some clubs to bite and (being closer to home and family line was trotted out as is part of the story)
Of course Dragons would be reluctant with Saab cause has great potential and is an up & comer and less and more mutually accommodating with Gaz as injuries were starting to be a problem with him.

But you seemed to have forgotten the media circus with Widdop
1. With his father saying via social media it is all "bullocks" Gareth leaving for very soon after it was announced him leaving at the end of 2019..but before all that
2. the club back in Jan 2019 making Widdop do a press conference saying he was staying and was not going anywhere (very selected words of "media is making this story up...i am committed to playing with the Dragons.... this year" leaving us all with the question..what about the rest of your contract Gaz?..if it was all bullocks
And did not a lot of people on here rip into him then.

....but did not Widdop ask supposedly hypothetically ask about the chance of going back home
1. Because a SL club already came knocking
2. or if not it was to be leaked to the media so a Super League club would come knocking knowing his interest and / or was dying to have a stint in the SL before retiring as he too thought injuries were starting to catch up with him
3. We were given the line he wanted to go home to be near his grandparents (fair enough)
4. saw no future and success at the Dragons under Mary after the debacle of the 2017 & 2018 slides from the penthouse to the outhouse
Whatever the truth..every player has their reasons

And now he is putting out the same media fires again about wanting to come back to his Aussie home again

TruSaint

Referee
No difference..Saab did not demand...both asked if they could be released out of contracts and had their reasons but Saab has been poorly advised ....his management also wanted it known for some clubs to bite and (being closer to home and family line was trotted out as is part of the story)
Of course Dragons would be reluctant with Saab cause has great potential and is an up & comer and less and more mutually accommodating with Gaz as injuries were starting to be a problem with him.

But you seemed to have forgotten the media circus with Widdop
1. With his father saying via social media it is all "bullocks" Gareth leaving for very soon after it was announced him leaving at the end of 2019..but before all that
2. the club back in Jan 2019 making Widdop do a press conference saying he was staying and was not going anywhere (very selected words of "media is making this story up...i am committed to playing with the Dragons.... this year" leaving us all with the question..what about the rest of your contract Gaz?..if it was all bullocks
And did not a lot of people on here rip into him then.

....but did not Widdop ask supposedly hypothetically ask about the chance of going back home
1. Because a SL club already came knocking
2. or if not it was to be leaked to the media so a Super League club would come knocking knowing his interest and / or was dying to have a stint in the SL before retiring as he too thought injuries were starting to catch up with him
3. We were given the line he wanted to go home to be near his grandparents (fair enough)
4. saw no future and success at the Dragons under Mary after the debacle of the 2017 & 2018 slides from the penthouse to the outhouse
Whatever the truth..every player has their reasons

And now he is putting out the same media fires again about wanting to come back to his Aussie home again

No i haven't forgotten about the media circus. That was a result of a confidential conversation between Club and player that was leaked. Point 3 is what Gareth wanted. to play out in front of his grandparents. There was never a lack of interest in Widdop.

We are going round in circles.

If Saab want out then let his manager and Club come to an agreement and be done with it.
Bitching to the press when you have barely made it in first grade is poor.

Agree to disagree on the 2 matters being identical. .

possm

Coach
No i haven't forgotten about the media circus. That was a result of a confidential conversation between Club and player that was leaked. Point 3 is what Gareth wanted. to play out in front of his grandparents. There was never a lack of interest in Widdop.

We are going round in circles.

If Saab want out then let his manager and Club come to an agreement and be done with it.
Bitching to the press when you have barely made it in first grade is poor.

Agree to disagree on the 2 matters being identical. .
It is very easy. Saab's manager arranges the payment of the value of the outstanding contract asap. No more action required.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
It is very easy. Saab's manager arranges the payment jof the value of the outstanding contract asap. No more action required.
It is not that simple. Who pays that?..on top of his next contract annual payment. And to let someome go who you need is worth more to us than just his salary we dont have to pay. Compensation in this sense is $$ over an above just his salary for the inconvenience and quest for a replacement..we have the power in this situation and should use it...only if it suits and benefits us

And by doing what you say how does that help our club get a similar like v like up and comer able replacement that is suited to our needs and desires if a said club does not have a decent swap person.
Different if Saab was overpaid an on big $$$..like a Norman if he wanted out... but surprise surprise he does not..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It is very easy. Saab's manager arranges the payment jof the value of the outstanding contract asap. No more action required.
Why would Saab get paid by his manager for games he doesn’t play?

That makes no sense.

Latest posts