What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One year in - the Board

millersnose

Post Whore
It is completely ridiculous of you to claim the previous board was the most disastrous in the clubs history. Not only is it a gross exaggeration, it flies in the face of 'using facts' which you criticised previously.

yeah

youre right

they were fab

i now see the error of my ways

i shall howl at the full moon tonight in joy at our club having such good fortune to have had the old board serve so well

Card Shark

Immortal
The old old board got us into $13.5M debt, even after the bonanza of Super League.

It could be argued that if we didnt have that debt, the old board may not have had to so drastically cut resources & ASADA may not have occurred at all or in such a damaging fashion.

As for the new board, they are pushing shit uphill, so IMO the jury is still out on them. They were never going to have an easy job.

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
yeah

youre right

they were fab

i now see the error of my ways

i shall howl at the full moon tonight in joy at our club having such good fortune to have had the old board serve so well

Honestly, you are pathetic. It's either they were the worst or the best, is it?

You are f**king ridiculous.

SadShark

Bench
f**k, this just proves that I'm a dope - here's me with only one item on my KPI chart - a Premiership.

taipan

Referee
we can easily judge the current board because of the fact that they quite clearly stated that 'they were the best men to navigate us through this mess that we are currently in'.

now can you honestly say they are doing a good job of what they promised (more sponsorship because of their business contacts for example)?

i definately cant.

OK Is the situation any worse than it was mid last year regarding ASADA?
Have we stuffed up since then,whether by incompetence or "steering the ship"?
We were rudderless on governance issues in the 2010/11 years.
How close have we been to getting sponsorship,but the prospective ones got cold feet due to this ASADA crap.?
I repeat I will make a Board performance judgement when all the crap is out of the way,and its clear skies ahead.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
So if we can't sit in judgement of the board should they call the AGM off?

If we are worse off ,do whatever you want.Ask them as many questions as you want,and make sure you get the truth.If they are BSing then rip and tear.
You can sit in judgement but the ammo apart from lack of sponsorship(ASADA influenced) is pretty slim pickings.Yes we can bitch about ticket prices .
If we had proper governance in the first place, there would be no need for the new board currently in power.The new board didn't get us a $1m fine,nor the stain on our brand.

It's a lot easier to judge a board's performance when they don't have a huge millstone around their necks,not of their doing.

Last edited:

newman

First Grade
If we are worse off ,do whatever you want.Ask them as many questions as you want,and make sure you get the truth.If they are BSing then rip and tear.
You can sit in judgement but the ammo apart from lack of sponsorship(ASADA influenced) is pretty slim pickings.Yes we can bitch about ticket prices .
If we had proper governance in the first place, there would be no need for the new board currently in power.The new board didn't get us a $1m fine,nor the stain on our brand.

It's a lot easier to judge a board's performance when they don't have a huge millstone around their necks,not of their doing.

That was largely Flano. Don't forget in all this that the football staff were at great lengths to conceal all the supplement use from management and the board, and this board look set to re-employ the captain of the ship.

Yes, the previous board did a crappy job of concealing our wrongdoing. Irvine took the fall. But dont forget that the responsibility for the ASADA saga lies at the feet of Flano, Elkin, Dank and to a lesser extent Noakes and Mooney who actually did the wrong thing.

CEO

Juniors
That was largely Flano. Don't forget in all this that the football staff were at great lengths to conceal all the supplement use from management and the board, and this board look set to re-employ the captain of the ship.

Yes, the previous board did a crappy job of concealing our wrongdoing. Irvine took the fall. But dont forget that the responsibility for the ASADA saga lies at the feet of Flano, Elkin, Dank and to a lesser extent Noakes and Mooney who actually did the wrong thing.

I agree with your post.

However, whist the board may be publicly backing Flanno I don't think they would be too upset if he was to sign elsewhere. If he was to be a key figure in our organization next year you would think that he would have signed an extension already. If he is asking for money as reported elsewhere its a good excuse to say that we disagreed on the terms of the agreement and he has decided to go elsewhere.

The only way the rid ASADA from the sharks to enable us to move forward is without Flanno. The weight of ASADA will always hang around his neck wherever he goes.

Probably proven wrong in 48hrs.

I agree with your post.

However, whist the board may be publicly backing Flanno I don't think they would be too upset if he was to sign elsewhere.

That's all well and good but who the fugg is going to sign him. If you want a coach who is innovative, promotes local juniors, introduces new moves with flair and pace and puts the finishing touches on works in progress, well this is not your man.

Ausguy

Coach
No one HAS to sign him for us to NOT re-sign him.

I will be disappointed if we give him the gig again.

Latest posts