What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orford the new diver

Ribs

Bench
ha ha ha winded....

Ive never seen someone winded just lie there not moving for 5 minutes. What a load of crap.... and will someone get these Manly fans a box of tissues? Waaaaa f**king waaaa.

The guy will get boo'd from now on, just as he deserves.

Absolute bitch.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
LOL this thread gets funnier all the time, if Orford was as bad as the Manly doctor says there is no way he would have been allowed on the field. Maybe he might have to spend a week in a darkened room like poor Brent Kite did last year only to make a miraculous recovery.

Merdy

Regarding how well Orford managed to recover so quickly from a being winded, I wonder if people are confusing "having the wind knocked out of you" with "being winded"

The first is where you cop a good hit, and you struggle for breath and ache all over. However pride dictates that you get up quickly and play on. This has happened to me a number of times, even in the fairly low standard of footy I've played.

The second is where you get smashed in the guts/chest and all the wind is knocked out of you in one go. You flop around like a fish out of water, feeling like you're about to die while trying to get some air back in your lungs. Funnily enough, once you get your breath back, you generally recover pretty quickly. A bit like how you can recover quickly from cramp, even though for a minute or two, you are completely incapacitated. This has only happened to me once, and it's not fun.

I don't think he took a dive.

effnic said:
Btw how come no one has mentioned the blatent try by steve Matai that on several replays you can see the arm with the ball touch the ground.
PMSL..you won the game..accept it with some dignity..and orford spat up blood from his tongue bite...

paulp

Juniors
MATT ORFORD DIARY

Monday

Dessy gave us the day off today as a reward for our wonderful win over the Rabbitohs so I went for a drive. I crashed into a parked car. Later I rang my insurance company and blamed the driver of the parked car for the accident...they didn't believe me...must hate Manly.

Tuesday

Dropped my teletubbies toothbrush while brushing my teeth. Was king hit by the bathroom sink as I bent down to pick it up. Lay on the floor whimpering for two hours until I realised that there was no-one around to hear me...went to training

Wednesday

Went to a special training session today. One of the players called me 'soft' so next time they had the ball I hit them in a tackle as hard as I could. Now they'll have some bruises for show-and-tell tomorrow. Calling me soft. The headmaster didn't show much gratitude for me turning up either. All he kept going on about was the 'crying 12-year-old girl' and 'what was he going to say to her parents'

Thursday

Only had a half day's training session today so I went for a walk in the afternoon and was assaulted by a lamp post. Luckily that touchie from the Rabbitohs match was there as a witness and he came with me to the police station and explained that he clearly saw the lamp post attack me. They laughed...damn Manly haters

Friday

Found out something about myself today and it all started early in the morning...

I woke up and showered and put on my best tracksuit for another hard day’s work of being an over privileged little git. Catching sight of myself in the mirror he thought, ‘By God Matty, you’re looking good this morning.’ ‘ I was feeling good too.

I entered the kitchen and my bird, handed me a bowl of cornflakes.
‘You’re looking good this morning, Matty,’ she said.

‘I feel good as well.’ I replied.

‘But you’re not smelling so good, mind,’ said my beloved.

I took a sniff. ‘You’re right,’ I said worriedly, ‘I am smelling a bit rough.’

I ate my breakfast and headed off to Brookie.

‘Good morning to you, Dessy,’ I said to Hassler.

‘It’s a fine morning, Ox’ he said ‘you’re looking good today.’

‘Why thank you, I look good and I feel pretty good too,’ I replied flexing my arms.

‘Oh Matty,’ he said, ‘you smell terrible.’

I was a bit worried so I went to visit the club doctor. ‘Doc, I’ve got a problem. I look good, feel great, but smell terrible,’ I explained.

The doctor looked in his medical book, ‘looks good, feels great, but smells terrible.’

‘Aaah, yes. Here it is,’ he said, ‘Its quite simple Matt. You’re a c##t.’

BWNB

First Grade
Manly fLIP said:
Exactly.

The ref gave the wrong penalty, for some reason that must mean Orford took a dive.

If he'd got up laughing like Jarrod Hayne or Paul Gallen then I'd think it was pretty poor form but everything leans towards him really being injured and for those with eyes that aren't painted on you can see the blood being spat out on the field (must be from his mouth when his head was never hit).

I'd love to see how half the doctors in training on here would feel after running full pace into the back of a 115kg forward trying to charge your kick down.

I reckon most would break out in tears.
Who in their right mind would run into a 115kg forward who is just standing there with their back turned?

rabbitville

BlacK_WhitE_N_BluE said:
Who in their right mind would run into a 115kg forward who is just standing there with their back turned?

Ben Rogers weighs just over 90kg. He's one of our smaller guys :lol:

BWNB

First Grade
rabbitville said:
Ben Rogers weighs just over 90kg. He's one of our smaller guys :lol:
:LOL: i wouldnt know i was just going on what someone else said.

effnic

Bench
paulp said:
MATT ORFORD DIARY

Monday

Dessy gave us the day off today as a reward for our wonderful win over the Rabbitohs so I went for a drive. I crashed into a parked car. Later I rang my insurance company and blamed the driver of the parked car for the accident...they didn't believe me...must hate Manly.

Tuesday

Dropped my teletubbies toothbrush while brushing my teeth. Was king hit by the bathroom sink as I bent down to pick it up. Lay on the floor whimpering for two hours until I realised that there was no-one around to hear me...went to training

Wednesday

Went to a special training session today. One of the players called me 'soft' so next time they had the ball I hit them in a tackle as hard as I could. Now they'll have some bruises for show-and-tell tomorrow. Calling me soft. The headmaster didn't show much gratitude for me turning up either. All he kept going on about was the 'crying 12-year-old girl' and 'what was he going to say to her parents'

Thursday

Only had a half day's training session today so I went for a walk in the afternoon and was assaulted by a lamp post. Luckily that touchie from the Rabbitohs match was there as a witness and he came with me to the police station and explained that he clearly saw the lamp post attack me. They laughed...damn Manly haters

Friday

Found out something about myself today and it all started early in the morning...

I woke up and showered and put on my best tracksuit for another hard day’s work of being an over privileged little git. Catching sight of myself in the mirror he thought, ‘By God Matty, you’re looking good this morning.’ ‘ I was feeling good too.

I entered the kitchen and my bird, handed me a bowl of cornflakes.
‘You’re looking good this morning, Matty,’ she said.

‘I feel good as well.’ I replied.

‘But you’re not smelling so good, mind,’ said my beloved.

I took a sniff. ‘You’re right,’ I said worriedly, ‘I am smelling a bit rough.’

I ate my breakfast and headed off to Brookie.

‘Good morning to you, Dessy,’ I said to Hassler.

‘It’s a fine morning, Ox’ he said ‘you’re looking good today.’

‘Why thank you, I look good and I feel pretty good too,’ I replied flexing my arms.

‘Oh Matty,’ he said, ‘you smell terrible.’

I was a bit worried so I went to visit the club doctor. ‘Doc, I’ve got a problem. I look good, feel great, but smell terrible,’ I explained.

The doctor looked in his medical book, ‘looks good, feels great, but smells terrible.’

‘Aaah, yes. Here it is,’ he said, ‘Its quite simple Matt. You’re a c##t.’
That was about as funny as croydon's pathetic rants.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
effnic said:
That was about as funny as croydon's pathetic rants.

Actually, that was pretty good - except for the 30 year old joke at the end.

I hear that Manly have a special motivational speaker before their next match - Stuart Diver followed by Greg Louganis.

Clock watcher

Juniors
It cracks me up that all the supporters still crying on in this thread support sides that are currently on holidays.
I gues nothing better to do eh?
LOL

The Preacher

First Grade
c**k watcher said:
It cracks me up that all the supporters still crying on in this thread support sides that are currently on holidays.
LOL

Easily amused are we ??

God-King Dean

Immortal
Clock watcher said:
LOL

While you're sitting at home reading em :lol:

yobbo84

Coach
Holy crap. Just noticed a quote by Robert Finch in the below SMH article:

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/smiths-a-marked-man/2007/09/10/1189276634189.html

Meanwhile, Finch said that video referee Tim Mander had erred in intervening to award a penalty against Souths lock Ben Rogers in Saturday night's match at Brookvale Oval after Manly halfback Matt Orford collided with him while chasing his own kick and was injured.

"I have no issue with what Ben Rogers did," he said. "He was there to either charge the ball down or force the trajectory of the kick higher."

Holy crap. The VIDEO REF was the one who made the call, NOT the touchie. This is VERY VERY interestsing, because:
1. The fact that he came to the conclusion of a penalty AFTER watching replays shows incompetence of the highest order, and
2. Weren't the rules changed so that the video ref can ONLY intervene if the offending player is to be placed on report, or sent off? Why did Mander intervene? This is BLATENTLY against the rules. Some call that cheating.

Manly fLIP

Juniors
Nobody's questioning the bad call. I doubt the Video Ref was 'cheating' but you make a good point.

I thought the video ref could intervene in foul play but a fruit bat could see it was just an accidental collision.

I've been concerned about video refs all season and its getting worse. Dead set, this years GF is going to be decided by one of these clowns.

Latest posts