What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I'm only going by the words that were actually said, not what was implied. Because I'm not a troll who thinks anyone who doesn't say "Rugby League is full of drug cheats" is some sort of conspiracy theorist.

You quite clearly have some sort of anti-RL agenda basd on your posts both here and in the Wests Tigers forum. Just follow the advice of the hallowed Josh Dugan and end yourself.

Love the game, dont like cheats in any game,

So shitwit, you have no idea - f**ck off troll.

Parra

Referee
Love the game, dont like cheats in any game,

So shitwit, you have no idea - f**ck off troll.

So far there are no cheats you death-rider.

The only thing we have is politicians with unsubstantiated allegations.

Where is the match fixing?

Where is the organised crime?

Illegal supplements and the failures of ASADA are a smokescreen.

magpie4ever

First Grade
So far there are no cheats you death-rider.

The only thing we have is politicians with unsubstantiated allegations.

Where is the match fixing?

Where is the organised crime?

Illegal supplements and the failures of ASADA are a smokescreen.

f**k the sewer rat is back. Answer the question, dopey.

They are hiding under the bed with the commies.:lol:

Love how Vlad is all concerned & going to come down hard on those found guilty.

A few times in the Thread at BF it has been claimed that a journo(s) approached the AFL about a yr ago & were ignored.(with some of the info that we are getting now).

Anyone got a link to it..i think it was Whatley

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't understand all the big hoopla about the coach taking a banned substance, does it make them coach better? Are coaches now subject to the WADA code?

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
My understanding of the whole Essendon drugs are none are banned for players, and none of the stuff Hird is alleged to have taken are banned or illegal. The issue is more around the fact he denied knowledge of the supplement practices. If the texts are accurate, there is a massive gap between the truth and what he said in the press conference on the matter.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Watching all this going on in the AFL, trying to pin a COACH to the wall for taking any drug at all as if that is supposed to give the on field players an advantage, I am starting to be very convinced that this is just a massive beat up witch-hunt perpetrated and fueled by a ravernous, sensationalist media obsessed with gotcha journalism.

aqua_duck

Coach
I understand that but I think it's ridiculous they're making such a big deal over the fact that he may or may not have taken a substance that may or maybe be banned under the WADA code that he's not even subject to

magpie4ever

First Grade
I understand that but I think it's ridiculous they're making such a big deal over the fact that he may or may not have taken a substance that may or maybe be banned under the WADA code that he's not even subject to

That is the media, remember ASADA has made no comment on any particular sport or player. It has been a media frenzy.

As, I and some others have stated here - we will only know what it is all about when the investigation ends; and if notices are issued by ASADA on players and possibly club officials for their governing body to handle.

magpie4ever

First Grade
My understanding of the whole Essendon drugs are none are banned for players, and none of the stuff Hird is alleged to have taken are banned or illegal. The issue is more around the fact he denied knowledge of the supplement practices. If the texts are accurate, there is a massive gap between the truth and what he said in the press conference on the matter.

Some of the stuff he is alleged to have taken is banned for players but not him or the public. I must say if he has taken one of the alleged substances - this dude must be extremely vain.

no name

Coach
So are IV's illegal or not?
The article states that it COULD be an illegal method. A bit wishy washy.

El Diablo

Post Whore

read the bold bit http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=9100717#post9100717

ASADA probably has even more

still can't believe they have never interviewed him yet they will interview Toovey again after clearing him

Canard

Immortal
Its hitting the fan here in Melbourne.

Just got back from a meeting in the Car where I heard the AFL CEO say he is very "very disappointed and upset with some of the information that he has received" and that "one of the things that Hird should consider is stepping down".

He also mentioned that he is privy to more than the public, and that the majority of the issues relate to the one club being Essendon.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Its hitting the fan here in Melbourne.

Just got back from a meeting in the Car where I heard the AFL CEO say he is very "very disappointed and upset with some of the information that he has received" and that "one of the things that Hird should consider is stepping down".

He also mentioned that he is privy to more than the public, and that the majority of the issues relate to the one club being Essendon.

he sounds very very concerned http://media.brisbanetimes.com.au/s...e-afl-drug-allegations-to-emerge-4185274.html

good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.