What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra

Referee
the old "but Howard". Haven't seen that one tried in years. He might have been a merkin, but he was yesterdays merkin you lackey.

nrlnrl

First Grade
You guys taking Weirdler as gospel are too much.

Give yourselves a hand.

Yep, might turn out to be right, but the guy slapping him on the back on Twitter ?? wow, he just happens to work for the SMH !!

Let's ask Curtis Johnston what he thinks.

magpie4ever

First Grade
the old "but Howard". Haven't seen that one tried in years. He might have been a merkin, but he was yesterdays merkin you lackey.

You haven't, where have you been for the last 6 years? That's right, in your sewer; shit for brains.:lol:

taipan

Referee
Just remember Johnny Howard gave a shit load of cash to upgrade Penrith Park when his Minister of Sport was the local member; they all do it.

Now we know where political alliances reside:shock:.This Govt has been in power since 07,sufficient time to have gotten their a*ses into gear, to provide the funding needed by ASADA.

Howard did some dumb things eg Iraq,but has not been in power from 07.

The original announcement was politicised from day one,when Clare and Lundy gave their spiel.If it had been just ASADA or indeed if there had been no announcement and that body had got on with the job,I perhaps would not be on here arguing.

Maximus

Coach
Now we know where political alliances reside:shock:.This Govt has been in power since 07,sufficient time to have gotten their a*ses into gear, to provide the funding needed by ASADA.

Howard did some dumb things eg Iraq,but has not been in power from 07.

The original announcement was politicised from day one,when Clare and Lundy gave their spiel.If it had been just ASADA or indeed if there had been no announcement and that body had got on with the job,I perhaps would not be on here arguing.

Did you even read what was written? My guess is no. You are so obsessed with making this all about labor, that as soon as you saw the name of one of your liberal heroes, you saw red and just had to attack him.

The discussion was about politicians giving money to sporting teams. Try reading next time you dumb merkin.

Canard

Immortal
Can we get the non-ASADA stuff above taken to an off topic thread?

With the ASADA interviews about to happen in the other code tomorrow, there should be a lot to discuss this week.

Garbler

Juniors
El Diablo mentioned this excellent Crikey article earlier, it raises some interesting points, including:

This is not the first time ASADA have employed questionable investigation methods

We could also ask whether what ASADA is currently doing is yet another fishing expedition, similar to the one that they undertook in the wake of the Armstrong case? Without having any real intelligence of their own, in that instance, ASADA investigators turned up at the doorstep of retired cyclists early in the morning demanding that the cyclists tell ASADA everything that they knew.

ASADA are conflicted: Appears the left hand of ASADA doesn’t know what the right hand is doing, or maybe, even worse

We are going to have to wait and see what happens next, but the question that really needs to be asked in the light of the allegations of approval by ASADA is whether it is competently and effectively using the large amount of public resources that they command and whether it is really doing its job properly.

...if ASADA did in fact give the green light to Steve Dank, is it really fair that they now, after the fact, turn that light red?

Anyways glad to hear interviews are about to start. Let's hope these bumbling fools get their investigation over and done with sooner rather than later.

magpie4ever

First Grade
El Diablo mentioned this excellent Crikey article earlier, it raises some interesting points, including:

This is not the first time ASADA have employed questionable investigation methods

ASADA are conflicted: Appears the left hand of ASADA doesn?t know what the right hand is doing, or maybe, even worse

Anyways glad to hear interviews are about to start. Let's hope these bumbling fools get their investigation over and done with sooner rather than later.

The Crikey article is only an opinion piece written by a Bob Gosford. Why is it an excellent article and why do you take it as fact?

Highlighted section in the last paragraph shows your clear bias.

Garbler

Juniors
The Crikey article is only an opinion piece written by a Bob Gosford. Why is it an excellent article and why do you take it as fact?

Highlighted section in the last paragraph shows your clear bias.

I deemed it excellent as it brought up issues in more depth than had been covered here.

No one said facts. Settle down.

Yes I am biased against bumbling fools. Just as your biased for them. (And by bumbling fools I dont mean Labor. I mean all forms of large, wasteful, unnecessary government.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.