What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
I've read the article again today and I still can't find any reason for all the moral outrage.

Bruno Cullen says ASADA will be giving this report to police as soon as this week. So even the club is saying this is legitimate and not being made up.

People need to chill. The DT routinely comes out with much much much worse rubbish than this article. This article at least seems to have broken actual non made up news. Which is more than the majority of their sport articles.

Where does it say even Peptides sped up the cancer? Let alone Mannah taking them. That's the issue

ceagle

Bench
I've read the article again today and I still can't find any reason for all the moral outrage.

Bruno Cullen says ASADA will be giving this report to police as soon as this week. So even the club is saying this is legitimate and not being made up.

People need to chill. The DT routinely comes out with much much much worse rubbish than this article. This article at least seems to have broken actual non made up news. Which is more than the majority of their sport articles.
Because they have brought up the recent death of Mannah to grab a headline using the weakest piece of shit evidence from some old, outdated medical journal.

Look at the front page.

It's a full page , with a picture on Mannah and the word 'bombshell'.

How is this not sensationalist?

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'm not denying it's sensationalist. It's a f**king tabloid. Of course it's going to be sensationalist. That's what tabloids are. That's like being angry at leprauchans for being small.

Front page article. About something that MIGHT have happened. Harassing the family about such maybes. You can't see the reason people are upset?

If they wanted to stick something ASADA related on the front page, why didn't they go with the 6 Essendon players who have taken the banned anti-obesity drug?
What a ridiculous thought. The anti obesity thing made the front page on News limiteds Victorian paper. Didn't make the front page in NSW. Just like this Mannah thing won't be making the front page in Victoria. Obviously the bulk of newspaper inches in Sydney will look at this ASADA thing from an NRL angle while the bulk of newspaper inches in Melbourne will look at it from an AFL angle.

Flapper

First Grade
You only think it's a ridiculous thought because you're in love with AFL. Henceforth, jog on and leave this conversation to the ones with brains.

ek999

First Grade
Where does it say even Peptides sped up the cancer? Let alone Mannah taking them. That's the issue

A leaked extract from the 60-plus page report warns: "Based on the chronology it appears Mannah was administered with substances including CJC-1295 and GHRP-6 during the period from March to May in 2011.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Absolutely disgusting from the Daily Telegraph, they have really sunk a new low.

Wilson, Massoud and Hooper, you should be ashamed of yourselves. :x

I'm not denying it's sensationalist. It's a f**king tabloid. Of course it's going to be sensationalist. That's what tabloids are. That's like being angry at leprauchans for being small.

That's a fair point.

But people still have the right to be disgusted by the sensationalising of a recent death.

Garbler

Juniors
#BoycottTheTelegraph is already in use

Maybe #SydDailyTelegraphScum or/and #RIPJohnMannah

Some tweets I have come across:

Yo @hayles_maher87, @caitlinjessikah, @parrasteve - spread the word to Eels fans to #BoycottTheTelegraph after the Jon Mannah beatup?

The @dailytelegraph twitter has been getting smashed with "shaming" tweets since their story about Jon Mannah #NRL

Just lost respect for @josh_massoud @jimmyhooper after reading their article dragging Jon Mannah into the drug scandal #ripjonmannah #nrl

franklin2323

Immortal
A leaked extract from the 60-plus page report warns: "Based on the chronology it appears Mannah was administered with substances including CJC-1295 and GHRP-6 during the period from March to May in 2011.

Yeah but none of the other 30 odd players got named. So why is this different?? Oh yeah he can't defend himself DT scum

ceagle

Bench
I find it disgusting ASADA made this link with Mannahs death to cover their own backside.

They obviously wanted it to be let known since they leaked it to the telecrap.

Diesel

Referee
Great work to those that have bagged the DT and Fox on twitter and FB. These pricks deserve it.

ek999

First Grade
I find it disgusting ASADA made this link with Mannahs death to cover their own backside.

They obviously wanted it to be let known since they leaked it to the telecrap.

I thought it was the Sharks who commissioned the report. Happy to be corrected though

betcats

Referee
Pretty low from the DT, whats the point of the story? I doubt anyone can actually prove whether it did anything or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts