What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 2013 NSW side

isaiah

Bench
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Michael Gordon/Akuila Uate or best in form Winger
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. Terry Campese
7. Todd Carney
8. Tim Grant
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Greg Bird
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Paul Gallen

14. Tariq Sims
15. Aaron Woods
16. Anthony Watmough/Tony Williams
17. Luke Lewis

I think Brett Stewart will be unluckily dropped he had a good series in my opinion but i think NSW need Hayne at Fullback due to the Halves being so poor.

Who you pick on the other wing is open for debate really it could be any number of players.

Campese is the best NSW half and i am sure can organise better than Pearce.

Sims should come in on the bench

Woods is the next front rower in line.

To be honest i think NSW are a good half and a more slightly better bench away from beating Queensland.

It goes to show NSW's problems these past few years have been mainly down to selection blunders. Queensland are still a far superior side but if you don't pick your best team you are even further behind than you should be.

NSW only needed to make one change from this year's series they shouldn't of picked Creagh and should of selected a front rower in his place. It could of made a big difference at least NSW competed in the forwards this year and that is what made the series close.

this makes a lot of sense, so i automatically know it won't happen. lack of IQ among the nsw selectors

Pig Mouth

Juniors
NSW Origin 2013 side:

1. Crying
2. Whinging
3. Sooking
4. Whimpering
5. Fetal position
6. Delirious
7. Dumbfounded
8. KOd
9. Still learning how to play the ball
10. KOd
11. Blood bin
12. Blood bin
13. Blood bin
14. Who cares (no impact player)
15. Who cares (no impact player)
16. Who cares (no impact player)
17. Who cares (no impact player)

Coach: Preparing a rant about the refs 3 months before the series begins.

Fieldsguy

Juniors
NSW Origin 2013 side:

1. Crying
2. Whinging
3. Sooking
4. Whimpering
5. Fetal position
6. Delirious
7. Dumbfounded
8. KOd
9. Still learning how to play the ball
10. KOd
11. Blood bin
12. Blood bin
13. Blood bin
14. Who cares (no impact player)
15. Who cares (no impact player)
16. Who cares (no impact player)
17. Who cares (no impact player)

Coach: Preparing a rant about the refs 3 months before the series begins.
LMFAO they gonna cry some more when they see that. :lol:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I must wonder why do Qlders post in threads like this? I never even look in threads if they are to do with qld teams.

Bored dude that need to get a life me thinks

Raider_69

Post Whore
1. Dugan (if fit, which is unlikely so Stewart comes in)
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Morris/Uate (form at the time)
6. Carney
7. NFI
8. Gallen (c)
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Bird
12. Stewart
13. Fensom

14. Lewis
15. Grant
16. Sims/Williams (no doubt one of them will be suspended/injured at the time, if both are available, i favour Sims)
17. Watmough

Giddley, Scott, and Creagh arent SOO players imo.
Merrin is the next front rower off the ranks

Woods, Uate, Hinchcliffe, Ferguson, Mannah, the Reynolds boys rounding out the squad of players maybe to force the selections hand, and to draw from through the series

ANTiLAG

First Grade
1. Dugan (if fit, which is unlikely so Stewart comes in)
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Morris/Uate (form at the time)
6. Carney
7. NFI
8. Gallen (c)
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Bird
12. Stewart
13. Fensom

14. Lewis
15. Grant
16. Sims/Williams (no doubt one of them will be suspended/injured at the time, if both are available, i favour Sims)
17. Watmough

Giddley, Scott, and Creagh arent SOO players imo.
Merrin is the next front rower off the ranks

Woods, Uate, Hinchcliffe, Ferguson, Mannah, the Reynolds boys rounding out the squad of players maybe to force the selections hand, and to draw from through the series

You may want to check his eligibility first. Pretty sure NFI is either a Queenslander or a NZ'er, like all the other decent halfbacks.

After re watching the game, Carney has to go and so does B.Stewart. I really think that Maloney is an origin type player.

Dugan
Hayne
Jennings
Morris
Morris/Uate
Maloney
A.Reynolds
Gallen
Farrah
Tamou
Lewis
Fensom
Bird

Grant
Williams
Simms
Hinchcliffe

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Carney deserves another crack at it, Maloney or Reynolds to partner him would be my opinion.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Carney deserves another crack at it, Maloney or Reynolds to partner him would be my opinion.

If Maloney can keep his form up, he'd have to be strongly considered. Much better player than Pearce, as I'm sure we'll see next year when they're playing alongside each other.

Given that the distinction between five-eighth and halfback these days is not all that great (many teams run with one half on either side of the ruck, rather than a first and second receiver, similar to what happened with centres), I think NSW shouldn't be afraid to go with two blokes who wear #6 for their club teams (e.g. Carney and Maloney, or Carney and Campese, or Carney and Soward). Frankly, Adam Reynolds is likely to be the only elligble bloke wearing no. 7 regularly who will be worth considering (notwithstanding that Pearce will no doubt be considered again, even though he shouldn't be).

mxlegend99

Referee
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate / Michael Gordon
6. Todd Carney
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Tim Grant
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tupou
11. Greg Bird
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Paul Gallen (c)

14. James Tupou
15. Aaron Woods
16. Luke Lewis
17. Tony Williams / Tariq Sims

With Brett Morris he only makes the side through a strong performance in Game 3 this year... if his next game is anything short of that then IMO he has to go. We can't risk waiting another 6 games for a good performance from him.

Pazza

First Grade
Stewart
Morris
Morris
Jennings
Hayne
Carney
Pearce
Grant
Farrah
Tamou
Bird
Stewart
Gallen

A reynolds/J Reynolds
Williams
Lewis
Watmough

RWB

Bench
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Michael Gordon/Akuila Uate or best in form Winger
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. Terry Campese
7. Todd Carney
8. Tim Grant
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Greg Bird
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Paul Gallen

14. Tariq Sims
15. Aaron Woods
16. Anthony Watmough/Tony Williams
17. Luke Lewis

I think Brett Stewart will be unluckily dropped he had a good series in my opinion but i think NSW need Hayne at Fullback due to the Halves being so poor.

Who you pick on the other wing is open for debate really it could be any number of players.

Campese is the best NSW half and i am sure can organise better than Pearce.

Sims should come in on the bench

Woods is the next front rower in line.

To be honest i think NSW are a good half and a more slightly better bench away from beating Queensland.

It goes to show NSW's problems these past few years have been mainly down to selection blunders. Queensland are still a far superior side but if you don't pick your best team you are even further behind than you should be.

NSW only needed to make one change from this year's series they shouldn't of picked Creagh and should of selected a front rower in his place. It could of made a big difference at least NSW competed in the forwards this year and that is what made the series close.

I agree massively with Hayne, regardless of how highly people rate Dugan or Stewart neither of them have the creativity of Hayne.

Picking Campese on the argument of organisation reasons is ridiculous but there's definitely some merit in that halves combo between the two of them they could comfortably lead the team around. I just don't think Campo will ever be the same player again, certainly wont be anywhere near his best next year and that has to be a major concern.