What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

T.S Quint

Coach
Phili win.....Both team decimated. Eagles prob more.
What a mess there group is

Injuries are absolutely killing us. After a very good week last week, Mullens showed why he is still a backup this week. I think Jimmy G will be back next game, but our offensive line need to be better.
Good on Wentz for getting the win against us. He has been really down lately and needed that. We still can’t defend against QBs who decide to run.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
geez the Falcons are a pretty average mob, I only watched the first half but once we got a lead we seemed to put the cue in the rack, nice opportunity for Tonyan with Addams and Lazzard out.

T.S Quint

Coach
To be honest, I don't watch any sports that don't involve my team:

* if Vegas aren't playing, I don't care about NFL (including the Super Bowl, tbh)

* if the Eels aren't playing, I don't care about NRL (including the Grand Final)

* if the Lakers aren't playing, I don't care about NBA

Etc.

I realise I am likely in the minority, but I'm just not emotionally invested if my team isn't playing.

I’m like that with some sports.
Like I’m not going to watch a cricket match unless Australia is playing. Way too much time to invest in two teams I don’t care about.
However I do like watching NRL, NFL, NBA games not involving my team, mostly because there are a lot of teams I hate so I’m still invested in the result in a way. Problem is I don’t have enough time to watch many games not involving my teams.

I haven’t watched a non-Niners game this season yet, simply because I’ve got no time to. Normally I’ll watch a few condensed versions of a few games that interest me, which is great since they only last about 30-40 mins each.

hindy111

Post Whore
What did you make of Oaklands win in Kansas? Huge call. Up by 8 and 2min to go on halfway 4th and 1. I would of punted but Carr got the yard which iced the game.
Huge win tbh. Now 3-2. I think they might take the division.

What did you make of Oaklands win in Kansas? Huge call. Up by 8 and 2min to go on halfway 4th and 1. I would of punted but Carr got the yard which iced the game.
Huge win tbh. Now 3-2. I think they might take the division.

Should make Eely happy. I think they're a decent team (even though their secondary has been badly affected by injuries).

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm no Derek Carrfan, but he's playing well - probably because Mariota is ready to step up, if need be.

Our defence is atrocious, though - our secondary is non-existent, and our d-line is too raw.

But winning cures everything.

T.S Quint

Coach
Smashed by Miami.
We’re done. There’s no coming back from here in our division. Our first half of the year was supposed to be a pretty easy draw. We are now 2-3 with a shitload of harder games coming up ahead.

hindy111

Post Whore
Smashed by Miami.
We’re done. There’s no coming back from here in our division. Our first half of the year was supposed to be a pretty easy draw. We are now 2-3 with a shitload of harder games coming up ahead.

Settle and Rams are good sides. Best to get a few good drafts and get them next season.

T.S Quint

Coach
Yeah and blowing it

Yeah we blew it. Defence decided to take the last quarter off. KC is a great team though so while it hurt it wasn’t like we were raging favourites or anything.

It would make it easier to see my team losing if the Seahawks weren’t winning all their games. f**k I hate those pricks.

hindy111

Post Whore
A 43 yld Brady showed Rodgers why he is the GOT. Rodgers had some good seasons but he ain't a top 5 QB anymore.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah we blew it. Defence decided to take the last quarter off. KC is a great team though so while it hurt it wasn’t like we were raging favourites or anything.

It would make it easier to see my team losing if the Seahawks weren’t winning all their games. f**k I hate those pricks.

Russell Wilson is the best player in NFL.