What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: ASADA and Drugs in NRL

spiderdan

Bench
i can't wait to see the extremely tough and severe penalties the afl hands down to them *feather slap*
not sure the penalties they got hit with last year on this were really a feather slap:

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-27/essendon-penalties

Given other athletes that have been caught cheating have had their initial suspensions reduced to one year previously and bombers self reported and cooperated through the investigation, I reckon the penalties already served should be enough, as their exclusion from last year's finals effectively was a 12 month suspension seeing as they weren't allowed to play for what everyone plays for.

Can't see mass suspensions being dished out to bombers or sharks as the afl and nrl would lose too much money from it.

Right now this whole thing wreaks of asada trying to save face after looking like dicks for saying it was the darkest day in oz sport.

I think they should get something, but the banning from last years finals shouldn't be discounted. 6 month ban and I'd be happy.

I couldn't believe Little's press conference yesterday where he banged on about how the protracted investigation has bad for player welfare. I would have thought the hundreds and hundreds of injections would have Been worse for player welfare.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I think Essesndon are saying that the way asada conducted the investigation was unlawful. They want the whole thing chucked out don't they?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think Essesndon are saying that the way asada conducted the investigation was unlawful. They want the whole thing chucked out don't they?

That's because the ASADA investigators bashed one of the Essendon players during questioning. That made the evidence inadmissible.

Gronk

Staff member
Doping notices have been issued to past and present Sharks players at a series of meetings with their lawyers in Sydney today.
The Daily Telegraph understands ASADA boss Ben McDevitt last night signed-off on 17 show cause notices, which signal the anti-doping watchdog’s intent to charge those exposed to Cronulla’s 2011 supplement program.
Despite speculation that players could be offered bans as little as six months in length, the notices all raise the prospect of two-years on the sideline - the mandatory suspension for use of prohibited peptides, CJC-1295 and GHRP-6, which ASADA believes were part of the 2011 program.
The players have now been given 10 days to respond, and can elect to challenge the notices in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) or Federal Court.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...+dailytelegraphnrlndm+(Daily+Telegraph+|+NRL)

Gronk

Staff member
The should close down the Sharks and let the players play for the other clubs outside of the cap.

Valentine Homes and one of the drug free bullocks will do me.

I wondered why so many in the media seemed confident of six month bans. I thought you only got a reduction for providing substantial assistance leading to a prosecution, or something like that. As far as we know, every player bar Earl has remained quiet.

Maybe they should all have gone in and dobbed on each other. :D

Gronk

Staff member
I see on twitter that Raaaaaaay gave the ASADA thing a spray saying that it's a beat up and a stunt. All Julia's fault apparently.

Latest posts