What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: ASADA and Drugs in NRL

84 Baby

Referee
Rubbish. The Sharks admin are at the root of the problem and put their employees at risk. The Sharks should STFU and count their lucky stars that they are still in business.

I think you're both right, but the legal system, especially the American civil courts, don't always follow common sense

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No because ASADA would require each player receive independent legal advice prior to accepting a players response to the offer (like a plea bargain).

Sorry, what I meant was, could players use this excuse to salvage some of their reputation, or would publicly recanting a confession be some kind of breach of the agreed bargain?

Gronk

Staff member
Sorry, what I meant was, could players use this excuse to salvage some of their reputation, or would publicly recanting a confession be some kind of breach of the agreed bargain?

There will be confidentiality requirements to the release, so players won't be able to say much.

Their reputations are in tact. Wendal Sailor is fine, Schiffcofske had a fine career after his suspension. Both these players knowingly took stuff. The Cronulla players will be forever seen as unwitting pawns in this process.

Gronk

Staff member
Breaking: Buzz agrees with me. #sowhat

4 minutes ago
Sharks players should buy a lottery ticket, Buz. They have the public on their side as being victims. Punishment is a slap in the wrist. Time to move on for them. Hopefully it's not over for Danks however.
Marty

4 minutes ago
100 percent

Buzz Rothfield
7866525b-e754-4a29-ae65-c3d1272efc49.jpg

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...-for-reduced-ban/story-e6frf3uc-1227032880273

Some might say that he has had that type of innuendo thrown at him all his FG career.

But back then it was merely speculation. Now it is based on fact.

The only sad thing about this is the fact that NSW should be looking for a new skipper come 2015, which means Hayne will be shunted to the wing to accommodate Captain Kurt Gidley at FB :crazy:

Mickyd39

Juniors
I know our club has made some bad decisions regarding coaches over the years but for the Sharks to re-sign Flanno for another 3 years is just stupid. He was over seeing the supplement progamme with Dank for which the players have been banned and he has been rewarded with a new coaching deal. I think he should walk away from the club.

I hope the NRL comes down harder on him as a result of these player bans. I find it hard to believe that he knew nothing about what Dank was up to. He needs to take a major part of the blame for what has happened, not just the players.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
So if the Sharks had of been banned last year (except for ASADA being slow) does that mean we can have our F/A adjusted to reflect the fact that the point scorers against us wouldn't have been playing?

I think that the players have done the smart thing here.

I also think that this is part one of the saga over and now ASADA will go harder for Dank. I also think that part of that process will be the Sharks players chasing Dank in a civil suit that he knowingly mislead them into taking a substance on the banned list and caused them a financial and reputation lose.

If Dank fights that in court, ASADA can then get at him and get him on the record and then maybe more might come out of that.

Gronk

Staff member
A case of premature ejaculation for those who said that Sharks players should be dirty cos the Bombers players were found not guilty by the AFL Anti-Doping Appeals Tribunal.

WADA are appealing the AFL case, whereby they were cool with ASADA's NRL decision.

Suitman

Post Whore
The AFL and Essendon were so hell bent on protecting their image that they made it worse.

#karma

Latest posts