What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: ASADA and Drugs in NRL

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He says, as he wipes the stains from his pants...

Most people are wildly indifferent to the whole thing, I suspect.
Its the little things Gaz, you got to take these little wins when you can. I seriously doubt AFL fans are widely indifferent about the whole thing. All their players were innocent and did nothing wrong.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Its the little things Gaz, you got to take these little wins when you can. I seriously doubt AFL fans are widely indifferent about the whole thing. All their players were innocent and did nothing wrong.

Have a listen to yourself. You treat it as is if you are having a competition with AFL fans. I find that really f**king weird.

For someone who doesn't like AFL you spend a lot of time obsessing over it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Have a listen to yourself. You treat it as is if you are having a competition with AFL fans. I find that really f**king weird.

Just love the fact that the media roasted Smith and the NRL over the handling of the saga while the AFL were painted the white Knights of virtue and their poor innocent players did nothing wrong.

They've been shown up as wrong, the NRL cops it deluxe in the media it will be interesting how they spin this. You call it weird I couldn't care less I just hate the fact that RL cops such a raw deal compared with others sports.

Suitman

Post Whore

To be fair Gaz, the AFL and the Victorian media bring a lot of this on themselves.
It's also why a lot of football fans hate the sport as well.

Suity

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Fair enough gents. All good.

I cant be arsed worrying about that sort of shit.
I just remember the crap Smith and the NRL copped when this scandal broke. The NRL has handled it poorly and Cronulla were guilty while the mighty AFL handled it brilliantly and Essendon were innocent and were guilty of nothing.

Gronk

Staff member
The AFL have been dragged by the balls into the 21st Century. The days of their 3 strikes crap is over.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I really cannot believe that was ever a policy. Absolutely astounding that they would protect their employees from taking illegal drugs. Twice.

Suity
It was more then twice, if you self reported I don't even think it counted as a strike :lol:

It was a joke of a policy and they had the hide to trumpet it the best drugs policy in the country. Best policy for whom I wonder????

Suitman

Post Whore
It was more then twice, if you self reported I don't even think it counted as a strike :lol:

It was a joke of a policy and they had the hide to trumpet it the best drugs policy in the country. Best policy for whom I wonder????

lol.

I forgot the "self reporting" get out clause.
Anything to protect the image of the game.

Suity

I thought the self-reporting clause was restricted to recreational drug use, but I might be wrong.

EDIT: No, I'm not wrong.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
Ring em up every monday ... "You wont believe what i did this weekend"

"Hey coach, 3 pingas, a back of rack and some oxy this weekend"

"All good mate, you did the right thing by telling us, good to see you had less than last weekend you rascal"

Doesnt make it any less laughable.

I still don't get why what the AFL do bothers you. If you're right and it is fundamentally an inferior product, people won't watch it. Despite the fact that lots of people enjoy watching it (and may be pains in the arse while talking about it), it still doesn't stop you and I watching something different.

The idea behind the 3-strikes thing isn't totally bad...it just doesn't seem to be workable, and (predictably) has been cynically exploited.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I still don't get why what the AFL do bothers you. If you're right and it is fundamentally an inferior product, people won't watch it. Despite the fact that lots of people enjoy watching it (and may be pains in the arse while talking about it), it still doesn't stop you and I watching something different.

Hiney, meet logic. Logic, that's Hiney.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If administered properly it could potentially allow for rehabilitation.

If people have serious problems it is always better to help them rather than arsehole them.

I repeat though. If administered properly.