What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm not showing that to my soccer-mad kid. He'll ask me to teach him to surf, which will become another thing in the list of cool stuff I can't teach him. Why don't kids want to analyse stats any more ffs

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not showing that to my soccer-mad kid. He'll ask me to teach him to surf, which will become another thing in the list of cool stuff I can't teach him. Why don't kids want to analyse stats any more ffs

cuz they're not all f**king nerds, you got some of the best surf in Oz over there

Just realised the big A-League derby is on, Sydney FC v Wanderers, live on free-to-air! Not many articles on the news sites in the lead-up to the game though, even in the off-season of the major sports....

Hmm, lasted 6.5 minutes until the Wanderers first "goal" - correctly reversed.

Overall quality of play is really poor - loose tackles, offside plays, prima donna push and shoves.

Think I'll change the channel and watch Womens AFL instead.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Hasn't the Everton points deduction opened a can of worms.

Like most fans are thinking will the game be brave enough to take on Cityhad.

Seems very hypocritical that Cityhad have 115 charges and can pay there way to innocence.

Makes a mockery of the premier league if you ask me. Punish Everton but leave the big clubs alone.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hasn't the Everton points deduction opened a can of worms.

Like most fans are thinking will the game be brave enough to take on Cityhad.

Seems very hypocritical that Cityhad have 115 charges and can pay there way to innocence.

Makes a mockery of the premier league if you ask me. Punish Everton but leave the big clubs alone.

its a joke when you consider what Citihad and Chel$ki are being alleged to have done, they are not out of the woods yet and I expect they will be dealt with when Citihad run out of ways to delay the charges. They even went so far as to bring chagres up aginst the PL for unfair practises for bringing in FFP

Chel$ki got busted for numerous payments made outside the country so its just a matter of time till they cop it

Now there is a media outlet reporting on a Spurs transfer of Jermaine Defoe to Pompey 19 years ago for using an unlicensed agent, it was dealt with by EPL back then and nothing was done about it. The media are feasting on it while other clubs make illegal payments.

The general consensus in the mother counry is that Chel$ki and Citihad will eventually pay, but when is the big question.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Interesting discussion.

Being a fulham fan I was happy we won but gee he should have got a red card.

And it gives more incentive for players to carry on and dive as the ref will react to what he sees.

The fact the wolves player didn't fall to ground when he could have shouldn't influence the refs decision. He got punished for not carrying around like a primadona.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Vinicius was lucky to stay on the pitch, you simply can't heatbut another player.

I'm guessing the low force was an issue.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Vinicius was lucky to stay on the pitch, you simply can't heatbut another player.

I'm guessing the low force was an issue.
Yeah exactly it should have been Red.

But if Kilman grabs his face and falls to the ground like an oscar award winner its a red straight away.

Why couldn't the ref just give it a red.

Its basically encouraging more Oscar performances out there.

Anyway as a Fulham fan ill take the win.

Every win is vital for a West London battler like us to stay up. Its still a bid edgy atm.

Everton losing 10 points has definitley made life easier.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Luton FC have actually been a bit of a surprise, such a small club that plays in a cow paddock. It will be between them and Everton for the 17th spot I reckon.

No one really expected them to stay up but they keep picking up points.

Latest posts