What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

King-Gutho94

Coach
Anyway find it ironic Arsenal may be relying on Tottenham to draw or beat city next week to win the Premier League.

My best mate who is a spurs fan told me he would be furious if they take points off City with the dross the spurs have dished up in the past 5 weeks.

He said just kick the ball into the back of your own net would rather lose 8-0 then see Arsenal lift up the trophy.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tottenham are like that kid that's wants to hang around all the rich and elite kids at school but doesn’t quite have the money or nous to be in that clique.

yeah, Joe Lewis is really struggling, lol

as far as nous, I'd back Ange and this is what Pep had to say after the game

The drama around it all overshadowed plenty of positives from the match. Postecoglou showed plenty of tactical flexibility within his system, setting up with a false nine in Pape Matar Sarr - occasionally James Maddison - which worked perfectly against City for much of the game. It was a tactical masterstroke that was lost in the noise of the aftermath.

"All the game they (Tottenham) were incredibly aggressive, so I suffered from minute one," said Guardiola.

"The people suspect, ‘no, I’m not going to win, we don’t want to give the title to Arsenal,’ it was completely the opposite."

He added: "Spurs are so fast with Kulusevski, Maddison, Son, Johnson, and the runs of Porro and Sarr, they have a lot of weapons. We knew we had to suffer."

One thing is for sure and it is that Guardiola can sense a potential threat in a fully-formed version of a Postecoglou Tottenham Hotspur.

"They play with a lot of pride and intensity and it's so difficult to play against them,” he said on Tuesday night. "Spurs will in the future be unbelievable if they stick with the manager."

Eelementary

Post Whore
yeah, Joe Lewis is really struggling, lol

as far as nous, I'd back Ange and this is what Pep had to say after the game

The drama around it all overshadowed plenty of positives from the match. Postecoglou showed plenty of tactical flexibility within his system, setting up with a false nine in Pape Matar Sarr - occasionally James Maddison - which worked perfectly against City for much of the game. It was a tactical masterstroke that was lost in the noise of the aftermath.

"All the game they (Tottenham) were incredibly aggressive, so I suffered from minute one," said Guardiola.

"The people suspect, ‘no, I’m not going to win, we don’t want to give the title to Arsenal,’ it was completely the opposite."

He added: "Spurs are so fast with Kulusevski, Maddison, Son, Johnson, and the runs of Porro and Sarr, they have a lot of weapons. We knew we had to suffer."

One thing is for sure and it is that Guardiola can sense a potential threat in a fully-formed version of a Postecoglou Tottenham Hotspur.

"They play with a lot of pride and intensity and it's so difficult to play against them,” he said on Tuesday night. "Spurs will in the future be unbelievable if they stick with the manager."

Wise words, from a wise man.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Pep loves Ange, its not the first time he has publically praised him.

As a Spurs fan I'm looking forward to see what he can do but as he says, it will take 2 or 3 years to get a team to play the way he wants, this is only the beginning.

I would love to be this optimistic about Parra.

Me, too, mate.

Ange is a great operator - he will have us humming soon enough.

We've had a rough season with all our disruptions.

King-Gutho94

Coach

As a Spurs fan I'm looking forward to see what he can do but as he says, it will take 2 or 3 years to get a team to play the way he wants, this is only the beginning.

Hopefully the spurs give Ange the time he needs though.

I reckon there is no doubt there will be a push eventually from the English Media for Spurs to punt him if things get shaky next season at some point.

hindy111

Post Whore

I'd back Chelsea to.finish above then next season. Spurs are a 4th to 7th side.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Me, too, mate.

Ange is a great operator - he will have us humming soon enough.

We've had a rough season with all our disruptions.
And still almost guaranteed a European place. Champions League would’ve been great for finances (and recruitment) but it’s still been a successful season for a club like Tottenham.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Assuming you're still in the premier league we'll evisit this in 12 months time

how many breaches are Chelsea facing ?
They will drag it out like Man City.

The FA are like a wet lettuce when it comes to the big clubs and handing down punishments.

It was piss easy ganging up on poor old Nottingham Forest who dont weld the power, money or influence like the big clubs.