What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

hindy111

Post Whore
There are other merkins who have made this same point:

However, I disagree with them. Our premierships are not meaningless, they are just not as meaningful as we'd like to think. Rugby league was at a low point in the early eighties. The Rugby League Digest merkins spoke about it and there's some merkins discussing it here: https://www.austadiums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1266

The fact the Panthers have won three straight indicates that the league is currently at something of a weak point as well. The NRL has a handful of super clubs (Penrith, Easts, Melbourne, Brisbane) and three of those have been in a hole for the past three years (longer for Brisbane), meaning Penrith haven't had much competition. I'd say our only real competition from '81 to '86 was the Bulldogs. We had the entire backline (apart from fullback) in one of the Origin games ffs. How were we able to keep that team together? I'd say the answer to that is pokies. By the late eighties the game was professionalising and our poker machine advantage was being eroded by more professional outfits getting the big end of town on board.

Nah penrith are probably the best side in the history of the game mate.
U f**kn rabbit

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nah penrith are probably the best side in the history of the game mate.
U f**kn rabbit
Honestly, I think the Storm and Roosters at their best were better. They just had more stars. Penrith's strength is that they have a lot of good defenders, and in attack they have merkins who just play their role. To'o and Edwards are fairly one dimensional hit up merchants. Their middle are solid toilers. On the back of that they control possession through Cleary's kicking game, and Yeo ties everything together as a middle half. Those two are the stars. Plus Crichton.

hindy111

Post Whore
Honestly, I think the Storm and Roosters at their best were better. They just had more stars. Penrith's strength is that they have a lot of good defenders, and in attack they have merkins who just play their role. To'o and Edwards are fairly one dimensional hit up merchants. Their middle are solid toilers. On the back of that they control possession through Cleary's kicking game, and Yeo ties everything together as a middle half. Those two are the stars. Plus Crichton.

Also Kikau,Burton, Korisau super players.JFH best defensive middle in game. Liam Martin's a beast.
Defense wins titles. Penrith defense was better then those sides. Attacks only half the game.

Gronk

Staff member
wrong thread dingbats

red card soccer GIF by HuaweiMobileFr

King-Gutho94

Coach
Seems like trouble runs in the family.

Look up her older brother's rap sheet who used to play in the aerial ping pong for West Coast

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
As a strong diverse woman, surely she can say whatever she likes to any man. Especially a cop. #DefundThePigs

if that were the case then she wouldn't have been charged

the culture of Chelsea fans is pretty atrocious and common knowledge, but I'm not sure how much contact she would have made with them

hindy111

Post Whore
if that were the case then she wouldn't have been charged

the culture of Chelsea fans is pretty atrocious and common knowledge, but I'm not sure how much contact she would have made with them

I support Chelsea you f**king arsehole and you wouldn't find a more respectful human you pack of merkins

Suitman

Post Whore
A fair reflection on what happened on Saturday night. Some truth told re the organisation of the tifo's/banners.
Things only escalated when police got involved in a situation where there wasn't and shouldn't have been one.
It is surely no coincidence that there were issues in Brisbane and Campbelltown (the lamest of fans) on the same weekend.

Suitman

Post Whore
This official statement just released from the Wanderers pretty much explains that the cops clearly overstepped the mark.

It's not often that the club has EVER put a statement out like the following. Clearly they are not happy at the treatment of their fans by the constabulary.

Some statements by the club -

"Following the club’s review of footage from Saturday night’s Sydney Derby, we have immediately requested the overturning of the bans on several passionate supporters from the club’s active supporter base."

"We are very disturbed by the feedback we have received from various parts of the stadium regarding their experience last Saturday night.

"There is clearly a broader issue and we stand in solidarity with our members and fans."

"To be clear, the TIFO banner at Saturday night’s Sydney Derby was approved prior to the match day by all relevant stakeholders."

"Furthermore, we are urgently seeking a meeting with senior representatives from NSW Police and Venues NSW to discuss these issues."

The Wanderer's have NEVER been so adamant in support of their fans before, like this. These are strong statements from the club.

Last edited:
The club clearly f**ked up by not communicating the agreement between TIFO unfurlers(?) and the CommBank security to the Police ahead of time, to avoid the "incident". Good on the Club for attempting to take some ownership of the relationship with the police they should have proactively fostered in the first place.

However, the reaction of relevant RBB members to the Police which resulted in the removals and or bans cannot be excused on that basis alone imo. They have to take some responsibility themselves, instead of blame everyone else but.

And imo the actions of the remainder of the RBB to effectively abandon the team they "actively" support remains a childish self-serving reaction at best. Especially at 0-2 down when their team needed their type of "support" the most...