What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT : Beer

carcharias said:
and the lowest of all lows...
chibuku..... ( spelling? ) a putrid wet dog of a drink that comes in a milk carton.
It smells and looks like off milk and costs about 2 cents.
Only the Africans drink it ....I struggled to drink one 500 ml carton.
I was drnking it with some African guys and didn't want to waste it ....they would frown upon that.

At least you stayed away from the home brew spirits they drink out there. When I worked in Zambia, my boss had a regular guy that used to caddy for him. One weekend he wasn't there - he'd gone on a bender with the local moonshine and gone temporarily blind. Took him about a week or so to get over it from memory.

carcharias said:
I went trhough Vietnam a couple of years ago and had some of the local home brew stuff on the street.

Yep it was below average...but I didn't get sick.

I loved tiger and singha .

Yeah they sold tiger and fosters everywhere in Vietnam. Also lots of random street beers like you say, dirt cheap, beer hoi or something they are called. Also that BGI (cats piss) and 333 beer was sold in most places.

I dont mind singha too. Tasted alot different to what i remembered though the last timei drank it. A bit OT but if your in Thailand the 'Samsong' whisky is the hot tip. A bottle can be bought just about anywhere for 100 bhatt (4 bucks!). The stuff is 40% and goes well.

lolesi

First Grade
Tusker! i had a great day in Villa on the Tuskers, its a damn fine beer and was dirt cheap.
Spent January the first in a Villa bar watching the cricket and drinking that fine beer.

Danger

Juniors
Dean Moriarty said:
Working in the golden triangle - between the Lord Nelson, James Squires and the Belgian Beer Cafe in the Rocks - great. Also the Redoak on Clarence St is good.

The Glenmore on a sunday arvo is also a top spot for a few quite ones.

Enjoyable thread from the local tards.

FTR,
the best beer is Belgian. Choose Kwak,Chimay maybe Leffe if you are a bit soft.

And dont get me started on the Tooheys New Superchilled. Nice and cold. Yes. No head as a result.Yes.

The only reason GPs bag drinking is cause they are closet valium whackers who get dialled and listen to Mozart for entertainment.

sutho goldfish said:
The Glenmore on a sunday arvo is also a top spot for a few quite ones.

The Australian on Cumberland St is one of my favs, Sharers lager and woodfired pizzas, I recommend the tandori chicken, and a Bok for dessert.

Surely

Post Whore
sutho goldfish said:
Thats a bit harsh mate, so i drink a certain type of beer, im automatically a f*ckwit.

No what i said is its the f**kwits choice of beer, not that everyone who drinks it is a f**kwit.

chili pepper

Bench
Erdinger - the silver label version - (German) is the best beer I've had by a long way

Schofferhoffer (also German) is also brilliant

Duvel is great too

James Squire 'Hops Thief' is one of the best Aussie beers

chili pepper

Bench
Manic Street Precher said:
Enjoyable thread from the local tards.

FTR,
the best beer is Belgian. Choose Kwak,Chimay maybe Leffe if you are a bit soft.

And dont get me started on the Tooheys New Superchilled. Nice and cold. Yes. No head as a result.Yes.

The only reason GPs bag drinking is cause they are closet valium whackers who get dialled and listen to Mozart for entertainment.

Forgot that one, as good as Duvel at least

Latest posts