What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Bikers Wake ... Should we organise something.

Quigs

Immortal
I know a lot of you have been wondering where has Biker PMQ gone to. The heat got a bit too hot in the kitchen you all thought.

Well I am sorry to bring the bad news to you, but Ive just had it on good advice that Biker is currently in Forum Land Palliative Care, with little hope of a return to the forum as we knew him. it might be for the better as he will never be the same Biker.

We all knew he was braindead from years ago, but I and another associate believe he has now "gone" and we should consider turning off the life support. An avalanche of information has come to light recently and maybe this was the catalyst for his deterioration. Who knows?

"We" can't make it public yet, not until his last forum breath.

I know from my last visit to Palliative Care, that Bike is finding it very hard to type these days, he just blinks or gives a friendly thumbs up. His only form of communication.

But we still have sometime left to make his last days in here as peaceful and as jovial as Our Bike would of wanted it.

SO LETS PLAN HIS WAKE.

I for the life of me (pardon the pun) can't think of a venue, can anyone make a suitable suggestion.

I was planning on some suitable music as the casket slips behind the curtain.

The one I would like to suggest on my behalf is the Tom Paxton classic,

You know that was the last thing on my Mind.

Beautiful lyrics ...

Are you going away with no word of farewell?
Will there be not a trace left behind?
Well, I could have loved you better,
Didn't mean to be unkind.
You know that was the last thing on my mind.

maybe we should start a list... open to suggestions gang.

I had a couple of Leonard Cohens classics in mind.
Passing Through, Hey, that's no way to say goodbye, The Stranger Song, ........

So for starters we need songs and a venue. Anyone wanting to donate cash just send it to me.

Re alcohol at the function it will be CARLTON DRAUGHT only, don't ask .. its a Biker Thing okay. And it will only be for one day so handle it.

Anyhow we are open to suggestions to make this the Wake that Biker thoroughly deserves.

-----------------------------------------

0725hrs .. 11th January 2011 SONG SUGGESTIONS SO FAR.

You know that was the last thing on my Mind. suggested by Quigs (oh those beautiful lyrics)

YouTube - Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (original version) suggested by Greggie Boy

Grey Seal suggested by Frenze & remember "Let's dedicate from 2:38 to 2:44 especially."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mnY2_rqRjo]BUM cHUM suggested by Slayer

------------------------------------------

The Far Q

sig-pic.jpg

CONFIRMED: Confessions from a Squealing Pig .... His pitiful excuse
Just hit the report post button it's easy man and it gives them lazy f**king MODS something to do.....Dead set you would think they would be happy to have something to do......But no they just give you a couple of months forced holiday. Not banned for posting a members personal details but banned for making the MODS work. Whats this world coming too eh.

Last edited:
Cremation or Burial is the real tricky decision.

f**k if he gets cremated the gas bill will be crippling.

If he gets buried u might have to wait an extra week so they can dig a hole big enough.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Well Quigs I reckon he'll be back

For that reason I'm nominating this oldie from one of The Prospects favourite performers.

Let's dedicate from 2:38 to 2:44 especially.

Grey Seal

gregstar

Referee
i am heading off right now to pause for a couple of minutes silence.

during which i shall solemnly back out a brown ute the size of uganda.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Na, Quigs, he owns you just ask him.

You have it all wrong, Illawarra supporters, like Da Soup and Sparts, reckon ol' Biker is uber smart and thinner than Posh on a diet.

Da Sup looks up to him, he is a biker after all, he cannot be dead. Sparts wants show his love with huge hug from behind.

Hey Sparts may be a Mediterranean Descendant but ol' Biker welcomes him as he is 10% tougher with his tatts and all.

Quigs

Immortal
I have just had a few calls, crikey that was quick.

The Sec Manager of the Harboured Diggers rang, and some bloke from South Grafton Workers Club offered their venues.

Farkkk one Manager from Manly rang, soon as I heard Manly I told him to farkkk off.

The Far Q

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I've got the lead car for the funeral procession Quigs

A Pontiac Firebird

pontiac-firebird-trans-am.jpg

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
Na, Quigs, he owns you just ask him.

You have it all wrong, Illawarra supporters, like Da Soup and Sparts, reckon ol' Biker is uber smart and thinner than Posh on a diet.

Da Sup looks up to him, he is a biker after all, he cannot be dead. Sparts wants show his love with huge hug from behind.

Hey Sparts may be a Mediterranean Descendant but ol' Biker welcomes him as he is 10% tougher with his tatts and all.

Sorry Mr Angry, but with our Biker now, it's just a couple of knowing blinks or on good days .... just a slight raise of the right thumb.

That poor bloated body is just a shadow of his former knock about self.

It won't be long now.... thank god

The Far Q

Ausguy

Coach
Quigs, wouldnt Biker hate it to bits if we took him down to the steve rogers lounge for the wake.... we could stretch it out for hours.

Do you think he'll keep for the round 2 clash?

How about this.... where the once might power pole used to be, are we any chance of getting the proposal guys to whack up a statue of the biker (on his bike of course) doing a mono for years to come?

Quigs

Immortal
I've got the lead car for the funeral procession Quigs

A Pontiac Firebird

Pontiac-Firebird_2001_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

I'll swap your Pontiac Firebird for this one, I reckon its more our Bikers style

biker-hearse.jpg

Although I reckon we might have to do a whip around and get a bit of extra dosh together. They will definately need to hook up another couple of clysdales to pull our Bikes bloated remains.

Four clysdales alone can only drag so munch.

The Far Q

Quigs

Immortal
It's a democracy here DS, we will put it to a vote on the venue. I suggest that we should put in an appearance I am an early nay vote for the Blue Oyster Bar.

But getting Da Soup and Sparty Grunter involved is a given.

The Far Q

Quigs

Immortal
Quigs, wouldnt Biker hate it to bits if we took him down to the steve rogers lounge for the wake.... we could stretch it out for hours.

Do you think he'll keep for the round 2 clash?

How about this.... where the once might power pole used to be, are we any chance of getting the proposal guys to whack up a statue of the biker (on his bike of course) doing a mono for years to come?

I am all for the statue thing as a thing to remember Biker.

But knowing how he is such a knockabout sort of a bloke, I reckon we should create numerous little statues of Biker that can go over the plugholes in the Urinal on Family Hill, or for that matter in all the amenity blocks on the oval.

And that way every male shark supporter including the little tackers will be able to continue the simple tradition of pissing on Biker.

Imagine that at every home game, when the little blokes go with dad and stand side by side at the Urinal, and the kid looks up to dad and says, "Daddy why do we have to pee on those little fat Bikers Statues?"

Old proud dad will just say as he finishes the final shake "Well son, its our history, its our lore, that fat biker loved nothing more then to be pissed all over by the Sharks."

The Far Q

Last edited:
I am all for the statue thing as a thing to remember Biker.

But knowing how he is such a knockabout sort of a bloke, I reckon we should create numerous little statues of Biker that can go over the plugholes in the Urinal on Family Hill, or for that matter in all the amenity blocks on the oval.

And that way every male shark supporter including the little tackers will be able to continue the simple tradition of pissing on Biker.

Imagine that at every home game, when the little blokes go with dad and stand side by side at the Urinal, and the kid looks up to dad and says, "Daddy why do we have to pee on those little fat Bikers Statues?"

Old proud dad will just say as he finishes the final shake "Well son, its our history, its our lore, that fat biker loved nothing more then to be pissed all over by the Sharks."

The Far Q

:lol:

_snafu_

Immortal
Sorry Mr Angry, but with our Biker now, it's just a couple of knowing blinks or on good days .... just a slight raise of the right thumb.

I'm surprised he can manage that. I was picturing a Stephen Hawking scenario (but without the smarts).

Quigs

Immortal
It's a beautiful day.

I've been up most of the night working in the shed. I hope the noise of the lathe did not bother the neighbours.

I think it was worth it, what do you reckon.

biker-statue.jpg

The Biker Urinal Knob.

Does anyone from the club have any idea of the numbers I will need to produce to cover all the urinals at Shark Park and the Club.

It is the least I can do to keep the memory of 'Our Biker' ongoing.

I showed him one very early this morning and got the "thumbs up". Well one thumb and a blink

The Far Q

Latest posts