What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Canberra Raider in awful allegation

mickdo

Coach
It has been reported in the Press that he will be sacked. From what I have heard, it will definitely be the case. Bloody shame, but the code is better off without the dickheads...and I don't care who they are...

What a scum club. Can't understand why anyone would want to support that lot now. ;-)

Gronk

Staff member
I dont really think you can draw a parrallel between the Fevola/Bingle photos and this incident....

Of course you can. It's a private picture that was released to the public domain by a person in breach of both trust and privacy. They both proved to be very damaging to the person in the picture.

Again not condoning, just stand by their civil rights.

Eels Dude

Coach
Of course you can. It's a private picture that was released to the public domain by a person in breach of both trust and privacy. They both proved to be very damaging to the person in the picture.

One was a bloke sneaking into the bathroom while his girlfriend was taking a shower surprising her to snap a pic... only to send it around for laughs after they broke up.

The other was a deliberate set up to prank a mate by taking a deliberate lewd photo. Anything who thinks Joel Monaghan wasn't aware the photo was going to MMS'd on is kidding themselves. That's the whole reason he did it, to send it to someone. It could even have been his phone.

Gordy

Juniors
I haven't actually seen the pic yet.
What breed of dog was it? It wasn't a Labradoodle was it?

fish eel

Immortal

See eels dude reply

One photo taken without consent. One with. Massive difference

Gordy

Juniors
mans best friend

pete is this legal in hay?

Apparently it is in Canberra!!!! :shock:

Furore over league star's dog act

Brad Walter

November 5, 2010

THE NRL career of the Canberra Raiders star Joel Monaghan hangs in the balance after he admitted last night to simulating a sex act with a dog.
A photo of Monaghan appearing to receive oral sex from a labrador has been circulating in Canberra for the past week but spread rapidly on the internet yesterday after being posted on the social networking site Twitter.
The incident occurred at the weekend after the Raiders season-ending Friday-night loss to Wests Tigers at Canberra Stadium on September 17, and Monaghan described it as ''a moment of abject stupidity brought about by too much drink and a complete lack of any thought process''.

The Australian representative is unlikely to face criminal charges because bestiality is not illegal in the ACT. However, the controversy prompted RSPCA officials to write to the ACT Chief Minister, Jon Stanhope, calling for the law to be changed following dozens of complaints from people who had seen the photo of Monaghan and the dog on social media networks.
The Coalition federal MP Wyatt Roy inadvertently became embroiled in the scandal as the images were sent to a number of media personalities from a fake Twitter account in his name.
A spokeswoman for Mr Roy said the MP was not aware of the fake account or the photos of Monaghan, whose Wikipedia pages were also tampered with.
The Raiders' chief executive, Don Furner, told a press conference yesterday to launch the Raiders 2011 membership drive that he had not seen the photos but that the club was investigating and wanted to speak to Monaghan, who is holidaying on the NSW south coast.
''We're as dumbfounded as everyone else, and we'll have a talk to Joel when he gets back and have a talk to the players and see what transpires,'' Mr Furner said.
The NRL chief executive, David Gallop, said he was ''shocked and appalled'' at the image circulating and warned the Raiders that appropriate disciplinary action was expected to be taken against Monaghan. "We have a system of allowing clubs to take the initial action in relation to disciplinary issues as they are the employers and we will maintain that principle," Mr Gallop said.
"It is important that the club deals with it appropriately and that it reports to the NRL as soon as possible on the outcomes."

Link

mrpwnd

Bench
First theres Tasmania and QLD with their inbreds...Now it's the ACT and their zoophilia.
Is NSW the only sane state in Australia now?

Suitman

Post Whore
You are right Mick, you wouldn't understand.....

I can't wait to see the posts from you in following weeks supporting such a low brow club, pete.

Don't forget, this ain't the first incident recently from the Lime Splices.
I think the Raiders are a club trying hard to present themselves in the best light to their community. I feel sorry for them actually. I DON'T FEEL SORRY for Monaghan, or formerly, Carney, or any of those other clowns who have brought the club into disrepute.
But seriously pete - you have devoted your life to the Blue and Gold for something in the vicinity of 50 years. Known throughout the Lower Western/Riverina and many other places as "Parra". You enjoy your connections through your history as an Eels fan to sit in corperate boxes at Origin time.
I don't understand why you have chosen to leave. I don't understand why you have chosen to give the club that you have proudly supported and staked your "blue and gold" reputation on, the flick, after stoutly supporting them for so long.

Come clean pete. You might like the Raiders, but your heart ISN'T green, is it?
It's blue and gold.
Don't forget by the way, that what you're claiming you dislike about the current admin, happened 30 years ago by the same bloke you are sorry to have seen gone.

pete.............. build a bridge. You'll be back. In fact, my guess is that you have never left.

Suity

parra pete

Referee
Suity, my heart is not with the NRL..I have lost passion for it. I have more friends at the Raiders than I do at the Eels these days. I enjoy my friendships with them - the are good hard working honest blokes who are in it for all the right reasons. I know they are very very disappointed with the Joel M incident. DEVASTATED as a matter of fact, as would any decent human being.
BUT to say that I was disappointed with the Eels on its dumping of Daniel Anderson would be a gross understatement. I will always love the Eels..just not as passionately as before.
Honestly, I get a bigger kick these days out of the local Club..and we move up to First Grade next year after four years of probation, and we will be strong. We had 63 attend our AGM a couple of weeks ago. SIXTY THREE paid up voting members. Unheard of in a bush town..
The Pie in the Sky match is taking most of my attention. Channel 9 is looking at doing something for it Footy Show wise...

(Actually it is through my connections with SouthsLogan, a feeder Club with the Raiders that I get to sit in corporate boxes at SOO time...)

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Suity, my heart is not with the NRL..I have lost passion for it. I have more friends at the Raiders than I do at the Eels these days. I enjoy my friendships with them - the are good hard working honest blokes who are in it for all the right reasons. I know they are very very disappointed with the Joel M incident. DEVASTATED as a matter of fact, as would any decent human being.
BUT to say that I was disappointed with the Eels on its dumping of Daniel Anderson would be a gross understatement. I will always love the Eels..just not as passionately as before.
Honestly, I get a bigger kick these days out of the local Club..and we move up to First Grade next year after four years of probation, and we will be strong. We had 63 attend our AGM a couple of weeks ago. SIXTY THREE paid up voting members. Unheard of in a bush town..
The Pie in the Sky match is taking most of my attention. Channel 9 is looking at doing something for it Footy Show wise...

Sadly pete, you have just proved how shallow you are tbh.
The bit in red.............
OK, so you have more friends at the Raiders - so be it.
But you claim they are "good hard working blokes in it for the right reasons". I have no doubt they are.

I ask you a simple question.
Have you ever met any of the current Eels administration? The are obviously not mates of yours, but how do you know that they aren't "good hard working blokes in it for the right reasons" as well? You've made IMO, an ill-informed judgement based on rumour, innuendo and gossip.

You are a media man - in a tiny way anyway. - I've had a bit to do with them - and you certainly fit the profile.

Suity

parra pete

Referee
Ah well...It is just not a big deal to me any more. I enjoy the chit chat and banter on here, I must I am on here enough.
If you think I'm shallow Suity..do be it. I don't think I am, and that's all that matters to me.
We can still be friends without agreeing on everything. As I said the NRL is just not that big a deal to me anymore. Think I'm over it....must be old age creeping up on me....

I'm a bit like that with the cricket Pete, stopped playing and bearly watch any anymore, i'm just over it. It happens, i was a cricket tragic for 20 years and just decided over things were more important and lost interest.

bartman

Immortal
Rugby_2D00_star_2D00_dog.jpg

http://www.tntmagazine.com/tnt-today/archive/2010/11/04/joel-monaghan-in-dog-sex-pic.aspx

Is this it? He doesn't even appear to be naked.... or maybe his dacks are down a little bit, I can't quite tell?

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
yea i gotta say i feel for him too - he's a massive joker, and obvs crossed a few boundaries here, but is probably on par with alot of shenanigans people get up to after 2 or 3 days drunk..
The woofa wasn't injured in the process or anything like that...
Yeah, that's a WTF from me as well...

Seriously, by "feeling" for this guy, are we making excuses for drunk footy players (again?) and saying that this stuff is ok, or its just what everyone else gets up to?

bartman

Immortal
Mad Mondays are fine, the players just need to grow a brain ffs. If I did something like this on my work christmas party I'd be shown the door no review nothing.
Exactly. Mad Monday is an employer-approved party, the equivalent of office christmas party.

But when it's a footy player who gets up to mischief, out come the excuses... some fans don't think players should cop the same responsibilities as everyone else has to. Because... they're cute/funny/blokey footy players?