What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Canberra Raider in awful allegation

mickdo

Coach
Is this it? He doesn't even appear to be naked.... or maybe his dacks are down a little bit, I can't quite tell?

Yes, that's it, and yes his dacks were down. Lets just say that the crown jewels were on display.

Gronk

Staff member
See eels dude reply

One photo taken without consent. One with. Massive difference

Gee you must have been there as i don't recall either person in the pics smiling for the camera. Where has Joel said that he consented to the photograph ? Link and I'll stand corrected.

Gronk

Staff member
One was a bloke sneaking into the bathroom while his girlfriend was taking a shower surprising her to snap a pic... only to send it around for laughs after they broke up.

The other was a deliberate set up to prank a mate by taking a deliberate lewd photo. Anything who thinks Joel Monaghan wasn't aware the photo was going to MMS'd on is kidding themselves. That's the whole reason he did it, to send it to someone. It could even have been his phone.

OK you have a quote from Joel saying that he was aware that the photo was being taken for the purposes of being sent to others ? Link and I'll stand corrected.

Until then I stand that his rights have been violated by people he trusted.

http://www.cla.asn.au/

Last edited:

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
OK you have a quote from Joel saying that he was aware that the photo was being taken for the purposes of being sent to others ? Link and I'll stand corrected.

"Joel can't blame anyone but himself for an act of stupidity that will haunt him for the rest of his life. Joel wants to make it clear that he was the one playing a prank on an absent teammate by simulating the act."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-act-on-internet/story-e6frg7mf-1225948027944

The quote above mentioned he was playing a prank on an absent team mate, now seeing as the team mate is not there the only way he would get the prank was to see a picture of it. So it's safe to say Joel was aware a photo was going to be taken and circulated.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I don't get it. Things must be different these days. I would never have dreamt that getting a blowjob from a dog is a good prank.

yy_cheng

Coach
Last night I caught my nephew mucking around trying to copy Joel by lying on the ground and trying to get my dog to go over him.

Gronk

Staff member
"Joel can't blame anyone but himself for an act of stupidity that will haunt him for the rest of his life. Joel wants to make it clear that he was the one playing a prank on an absent teammate by simulating the act."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-act-on-internet/story-e6frg7mf-1225948027944

The quote above mentioned he was playing a prank on an absent team mate, now seeing as the team mate is not there the only way he would get the prank was to see a picture of it. So it's safe to say Joel was aware a photo was going to be taken and circulated.

OK thanks. FMD epic fail.

big boppa eel

Juniors

Who cares mate you dont do sh*t like that, PERIOD! Monaghan is not an innocent victim here, and ffs the guy is a metre to his left:?

big boppa eel

Juniors

Agreed.

hybrideel

Bench
I'm a bit like that with the cricket Pete, stopped playing and bearly watch any anymore, i'm just over it. It happens, i was a cricket tragic for 20 years and just decided over things were more important and lost interest.

I've got to say i'm with you on that. i think there are 2 reasons for it.
1. they play too much. it's hard to get excited about watching a game when they play every other day
2. they don't really have an entertainer, some form of drawcard. We have been blessed over recent years but i am of the opinion that since Gilchrist retired, coinciding with the rise of 20/20 it has all got a bit boring. Hadden is trying to cover this role but he's not quite up to it IMO. I'm hoping Steve Smith or some other youngster can come through and fill the void to bring the entertainment factor in the game.

parra pete

Referee
And a few of the Aussie cricket team are past it. It is harder to get out of the team when you are in..then it was to get into in the first place.
Bring in some of the exciting new talent from around the states. Freshen it up a bit....

TheParraboy

Staff member
if i was that drunk i would rather just root a fatty.

I would rather do a curvy female, but each their own mate

547024-paul-vautin.jpg

TheParraboy

Staff member
Stunning news

Joel Monaghan has been sacked by the Raiders, BUT the Bulldogs have offered him a contract AND the captaincy. Joel has immediately taken the head job of the Doggies

ok, A mate got me on that one at the gym this morning. The shame friends I have

sarahk

Juniors
^ LOL Parraboy! thats a good one. If i was him i'd just change my name and move to another country like Cambodia . Deadset he is going to cop it for the rest of his life, and rightfully so.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
WHEN they have the World Idiot Olympics, I want to select Joel Monaghan to represent Australia, for his actions with the dog on Mad Monday. I know, this might be a contentious selection, as others struggle forward to press their own claims - see Julian O'Neill, Nate Myles, John Hopoate, Brendan Fevola et al for starters. The point, though, is that for all his idiocy, Monaghan does not deserve to have his career, the way he feeds his family, ended over it. In terms of a victimless crime, this one is a textbook case. The dog was not hurt, at least if you disregard Monaghan apparently not calling it in the morning. No one else was hurt, and there was no violence, malice or physical damage done. There is no chance that because of what he did, impressionable people around the country will be more likely to do it - if you'll forgive - ''doggy style''. No, what Monaghan was most guilty of was getting so staggeringly drunk that everything seemed permissible, nothing seemed out of bounds. In past cases, we have so often seen footballers in this state do terrible damage to property, and appalling things to women, including hitting and sexually assaulting them. How can the NRL say dogmatically to other blokes, you can take your place back with us in the comp, even though you've hit women, but say to another bloke that because of your embarrassingly infantile skylarking - for that is what Monaghan was doing - he is no longer welcome? What, then, is Monaghan's punishment? The headlines of yesterday, the furore of today and the giggling whispers that will follow him all his life. He is, and I mean it, a world-class idiot, but neither a dangerous nor a venal one

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/monaghan-more-a-mutt-than-menace-20101105-17hgz.html

Never been the biggest fan of Fitzsimons column due to his preference to Union, however I reckon todays column about Joel has some very good points. I tend to agree with him. He was stupid but no-one got hurt.

Latest posts