What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Canberra Raider in awful allegation

boxhead

First Grade
I do sort of feel sorry for Joel, as when you are drunk, anything literally can happen; also, whoever published this or took the photo needs to have disciplinary action taken against them as well.

However, there can be no remorse shown for actions like this IMO. I think his life is already ruined with this happening, if he is allowed to play elsewhere for money and escape from all this then I think that is fair punishment.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
I do sort of feel sorry for Joel, as when you are drunk, anything literally can happen; also, whoever published this or took the photo needs to have disciplinary action taken against them as well.

However, there can be no remorse shown for actions like this IMO. I think his life is already ruined with this happening, if he is allowed to play elsewhere for money and escape from all this then I think that is fair punishment.

So the NRL should say "Well you made yourself out to be a stupid sick f**k, and no one will look at you the same, we think thats punishment enough will let you keep playing footy" what message does this send to kids wanting to play at this level??? How does this stop stupid behavior in the future? :?

sarahk

Juniors
Im sorry Boxy but being drunk is not an excuse for anything.

Ive seen plenty of drunks and they've never resorted to oral sex with animals.

Im sorry Boxy but being drunk is not an excuse for anything.

Ive seen plenty of drunks and they've never resorted to oral sex with animals.

This is open to so many comments, which I will refrain from, as it is still family time on the forum.....:cool::lol:

Eels Dude

Coach

Is there something you want to share Boxhead? I've been drunk stacks of times but I've never let a dog near my old fella.

In poor taste as it was, he may be the scapegoat. He might be the one in the photo but it could have been someone else's idea, and he was the unlucky one to draw his name out of the hat to get it done. It'll be interesting to see who else was in on and it and whether they'll be publicly named and punished also.

born an eel

Bench

and this is why we have a drinking age limit, kids ;-) and alcohol don't mix.

haha NSE, i think it may be my lack of sleep, but i don't get it lol!

Well, lets put it this way - once some people (male & female) have had a lot to drink, they can become "animals".

(Im in no way suggesting that this has ever happened to me, or anyone else that I know. Nor am I denying it.:sarcasm::D)

sarahk

Juniors
I'm not so sure about that... surely Orford would be thinking twice about heading there after this dog act has gone down

That's what i was thinking too BUT if they sack him wont that open up more cap space?

sarahk

Juniors
Well, lets put it this way - once some people (male & female) have had a lot to drink, they can become "animals".

(Im in no way suggesting that this has ever happened to me, or anyone else that I know. Nor am I denying it.:sarcasm::D)

haha ok i get you now! well if it helps close discussion, i meant it in the literal sense :)

Gronk

Staff member
Apparently the dog has been fretting: Why hasn't Joel called ?

Typical one night stand it seems.

Here is a message to Joel from the Dog Whisperer and the jilted mut.

1439503316_f306e2c548.jpg

forward pass

Coach
Mad Mondays are fine, the players just need to grow a brain ffs. If I did something like this on my work christmas party I'd be shown the door no review nothing.

I bet you wouldn't even consider doing something like this - no matter how much you had to drink......

TheParraboy

Staff member
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/8119255/threats-over-nrl-players-animal-sex-photo

The man who published a photograph showing NRL player Joel Monaghan simulating a sex act with a dog says he was threatened after putting the image online.

WyattRoyMP — a fake Twitter account impersonating Australia's youngest MP — said he uploaded the photo to "highlight animal cruelty", The Sydney Morning Herald reports.

The user, who is not identified, said he received numerous threats after publishing the photo before removing it from his Twitter and Twitpic account.

He said the photograph of Monaghan, a Canberra Raiders player, had been circulated amongst the ACT rugby league community and that he obtained it from "a friend".

WyattRoyMP, who claims he has other photographs of Monaghan, said he uploaded the image because he did not receive a response about his concerns from Raiders chief executive Don Furner.

Mr Furner has said he was appalled over the photograph — echoing statements made by NRL chief David Gallop and the RSPCA, who today described the incident as "sickening".

"It is something he will live with for the rest of his life," Mr Furner said.

"It's a big cross to bear for doing something stupid out on the drink.

"The perils of the media and social media today are a great example of why you shouldn't do it."

Monaghan's future with the Raiders is in doubt after the photo was distributed on social networking sites and through email.

The Raiders board will meet next week to discuss Monaghan's future