What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Canberra Raider in awful allegation

Forty20

First Grade
If it is isn't true, the backlash against the twit who tweeted it would be pretty huge. That is potentially a pretty ugly case of defamation he/she is staring at.

Hope for the league's sake that it is fake and simply a stupid grab at some fame and money by some fool, as the alternative isn't something we need right before the Independent Commission comes in.

spiderdan

Bench
If it is isn't true, the backlash against the twit who tweeted it would be pretty huge. That is potentially a pretty ugly case of defamation he/she is staring at.

Hope for the league's sake that it is fake and simply a stupid grab at some fame and money by some fool, as the alternative isn't something we need right before the Independent Commission comes in.
i am reliably told it is true. fracken disgusting. it will be interesting to see if the raiders try to sweep it under a rug. for the sake of not revealing the source, call it a rumour.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah I don't reckon it's him either.

Anyway - benefit of the doubt here. He was doing up his fly, lost his balance. Fell to the floor. The said k-9 (who reportedly has poor eyesight) mistook it for a sausage - and the rest is history.

mickdo

Coach
thanksgiving_dog_gets_bone.jpg

it really does look like him in the photo, i've looked at other pictures of him and the chin is the same and so is the hair line. If it's not him it's a very good look a like.
The fact the club can't contact him says a lot too.

TooheysNew

Coach
Canberra Raiders are investigating an alleged major incident involving a player during the club's Mad Monday celebrations.

Raiders chief executive Don Furner held a press conference in Canberra on Thursday to address allegations of a photograph of a Canberra player in an uncompromising position with a dog.

The NRL has launched an investigation into the incident.

Furner said that he would be "dumbfounded " and "appalled" if the image were proven to be true - but he stressed that he was yet to see the photo personally.

The photo was posted on Twitter by a Melbourne radio station, but it has since been removed.

''If he did it, it is something he will live with for the rest of his life," Furner said.

'We don’t know whether it's authentic but I am as appalled as everyone else.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"If he did do it, I don't know why he would do it."

The Raiders are continuing to investigate the allegations.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...y-act-with-a-dog/story-e6frf3ou-1225947828961

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
You got to admit Raider Pete was right, they are a lot more loyal down in Canberra, right down to their pets :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
as long as its by Private Message (not public message), its OK Sarah

you may find most of the links have had the images removed by now

Latest posts