What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Canberra Raider in awful allegation

As much as I make light of the whole thing - I dont think there is ANY excuse for what was done.

Its not funny, its not cool, its not normal.

Seriously, its just plain DUMB, and there is NO excuse.

Doesnt matter what the animal was - why do it??? Not to sound like an old fart - but, where the F have the morals of our society gone? People laugh at this sh*t, and yet wonder why there are so many weirdo's out there these days attacking children & defenseless old ladies!!!

GROW UP FFS!

ONCE AGAIN, rugby LEAGUE players have shown how they are the bottom of the IQ pile when it comes to sportsmen. People wonder why parents want their kids to play other codes.

The sadest part being, some other idiot will have seen how much publicity this has received, and try to outdo it & post it on the web. (Poor animals, poor dog, poor form)

He is a dickhead.No two ways about it.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
yea i gotta say i feel for him too - he's a massive joker, and obvs crossed a few boundaries here, but is probably on par with alot of shenanigans people get up to after 2 or 3 days drunk..
The woofa wasn't injured in the process or anything like that...

yea i gotta say i feel for him too - he's a massive joker, and obvs crossed a few boundaries here, but is probably on par with alot of shenanigans people get up to after 2 or 3 days drunk..

I think we need to get Dr Harry in for that assessment. How do we know that the dog isnt mentally scarred?:lol:

Seriously though, at what point do some of these guys actually take some responsibility for their stupid actions?
Surely, at some point, someone has to say STOP - this is not normal? Its sick. (Im certain he is not the first in history to do this), but cmon, at what point do we stop defending these idiots?

sh*tting in hotels hallways, sh*tting in hotel rooms, on tables, next to the toilet! Its not normal & really makes the game we love look stupid.

(I thought it was bad enough when Maresy & Eric Snr were caught with the car - but that was mild, compared to these days) :lol:

Springs

First Grade
The whole situation is just ridiculous, I mean both the act and the way it has been made public and the 'uproar' about it. Just completely stupid. I feel no need to comment or talk about it because it's just stupid, to comment would mean to almost dignify the situation.
We debate the Storm cap scandal and the Super League war and such as those are real issues. This, we just joke about it. The whole thing is so stupid, I just really couldn't care.

Parra Guru

Coach

It's not really the point. And you wouldn't be saying that it for instance a child was involved. Animals have the same level of innocence as children.

And as I've said, if anyone did that to my dog, I'd hurt them.

I certainly don't 'feel for him'.... What f**king idiot sticks their you-know-what in a dog's mouth?

If it were a regular guy on the street everyone would be calling him a sick pervert.

fish eel

Immortal

I'm sorry but WTF Jess?

I don't feel one bit sorry for him. It was his choice, his actions and nobody elses and it certainly isn't, IMO, on par with slot of stuff people get up to when on the drink.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah massively let down by the prick who sent the pic. Of course it was going to go viral.

As for his actions, well it was an odd thing to do. I am sure it was not for sexual gratification. Rather a stunt to get a laugh from his mates. Epic fail.

born an eel

Bench
we all know what happens next,
Raiders sack him for being a dickhead,
Rooster pick him up,
within 2 years he's the Dally M player of the year and everybody his singing his praises.

parra pete

Referee
I don't feel sorry for him at all.
I feel sorry for his family, and his Club.
I feel sorry for the thousands of volunteers trying to promote the game, and have to put up with the antics of these drunken so called superstars of the game.
AND don't think it is restricted to just one Club. It is rife throughout the code.
Grog doesn't mix well with arrogant footballers who do not know how to have a good time without bringing the game into disrepute. What this bloke has done is the lowest of the low acts..and I have no doubt that he will be sent packing by the Raiders.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
He should be de registered and never to return full stop, regardless if it was simulated or not it is a sick act. The NRL needs to get serious and show no player is bigger then the game. The game is once again in the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Regardless if it is the off season or not these players represent their clubs and the NRL, what does this teach our kids who aspire to play in the big one???

I also hope the Raiders take action against the other players involved in this stupid prank. They are just as sick and perverted as JM.

forward pass

Coach
lets face it, the guy f**ked up and his mates let him down, but he would have to consider himself unlucky that it came out in public the way it did, I'm sure they'd be plenty of other nervous footballers hoping their MM shenanighans sp don't hit the surface.

Quite obviously in this day and age of phone cameras, twitter, facebook etc - Mad mondays are seriously not a good idea anymore.

Springs

First Grade
Quite obviously in this day and age of phone cameras, twitter, facebook etc - Mad mondays are seriously not a good idea anymore.

I'm sure dressing up then sitting around drinking at a pub for a day (or a few days) like most Mad Mondays are perfectly fine.

Sponsors' threatened $1 million walkout forces Canberra board to sack disgraced Raider Joel Monaghan

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...er-joel-monaghan/story-e6frfgbo-1225948345199
Monaghan expresses remorse over photo

skynews_1903154_316x237-pre.jpg

Monaghan expresses remorse over photo

Disgraced Canberra centre Joel Monaghan has expressed remorse for a lewd photo that appeared on the net.
Sky News4 November 2010

342266-joel-monaghan-raiders.jpg

Dumped ... disgraced Raiders centre Joel Monaghan will be sacked on Monday by the Canberra board over his Mad Monday transgression. Source: The Daily Telegraph

DISGRACED Canberra centre Joel Monaghan will be sacked by the club on Monday when the eight-member Raiders board convenes in the national capital.

The Daily Telegraph has learned at least four of the Raiders' major sponsors have written letters to the club threatening to withdraw $1 million worth of revenue over the lewd photograph of Monaghan.
The development comes as NRL chief executive David Gallop continues to monitor the situation, with the game's governing body extremely close to making the call to de-register Monaghan from playing rugby league in Australia.
Gallop is understood to have wanted to de-register Monaghan last night after the photograph went viral on email and began flooding inboxes around the country.

But the NRL will wait for the outcome of the Raiders board meeting on Monday where Monaghan's contract will be torn up.
The Raiders board is an ultra-conservative collection of ex-government officials and diplomats who have previously made the hard-line call to sack Todd Carney after repeated alcohol-related indiscretions.
A number of other Raiders sponsors have also verbally threatened to resign from any association with the club as the fallout from rugby league's latest black-eye reverberates.

SDM

First Grade
I'm sure dressing up then sitting around drinking at a pub for a day (or a few days) like most Mad Mondays are perfectly fine.

Jonno Wright is lucky he didn't go to any pubs in the ACT dressed like Scooby Doo.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors

Mad Mondays are fine, the players just need to grow a brain ffs. If I did something like this on my work christmas party I'd be shown the door no review nothing.