What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
He’s been able to significantly raise his profile and ‘brand’ and position a couple of his unqualified troglodyte children as legitimate contenders for President in 2024. I reckon he has benefitted quite nicely from the swamp.

Also he switched from using Camp David to Mar-a-largo as the POTUS hangout. His property literally made millions every week.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He’s been able to significantly raise his profile and ‘brand’ and position a couple of his unqualified troglodyte children as legitimate contenders for President in 2024. I reckon he has benefitted quite nicely from the swamp.
I disagree with the first point and doubt the second.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He has alienated at least as many as he has got on side ... i think his "brand " has overall taken a big hit
It has since he has been whining like a bitch after the election. The fact that over 70 Million people voted for him indicates he still has strong support though

Besides, Trumps brand has always been about being relevant rather than popular. As long as people are talking about him he is happy and can work his magic.

Gronk

Staff member
He has alienated at least as many as he has got on side ... i think his "brand " has overall taken a big hit

Very true. I remember looking for hotels in Honolulu and the Trump Hotel was the ultimate in luxury and demanded a premium. In fact we stayed at the Sheraton because it was cheaper. I bet that there is a significant cohort who would conscientiously not stay at a Trump property now.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Very true. I remember looking for hotels in Honolulu and the Trump Hotel was the ultimate in luxury and demanded a premium. In fact we stayed at the Sheraton because it was cheaper. I bet that there is a significant cohort who would conscientiously not stay at a Trump property now.
After playing Sea Reef Golf Course in Port Douglas on the weekend, I know I have played my last Clive Palmer golf course. That fat merkin just destroys everything he touches.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He certainly didn’t ‘drain it’. Just added more shit to it that Biden has to try and clean up.
What shit did he add? He's been sacking merkins left and right. Half of his 'staff' are friends and family who won't be hanging around. Biden gets a clean slate.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What shit did he add? He's been sacking merkins left and right. Half of his 'staff' are friends and family who won't be hanging around. Biden gets a clean slate.
He made family members staffers. That’s murky.

He made family property, official government property. That’s swampy.

He lied his ring off on virtually everything and destroyed a lot of people’s faith in politicians. That’s ploppy.

He showed zero policy nous and made all decisions based on self interest. That’s what he criticised previous politicians for doing, yet he perfected it.

He tried to change what many thought was a broken model but offered a bleaker alternative and ultimately left the system in further need of repair. That’s boggy.

I hope Biden governs for all Americans and restores some decency to the office. Trump has been a horrible experiment by any sensible measure. I also hope Trump finds another play thing so that the Republican Party can properly rebuild and once again stand for the values that have made them so important over the years.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Staff member
You can throw mud from lots of angles, however it will be interesting to see how they spin this a a great deal an equitable for all.

The most equitable of course is the abolition of these taxes in favour of a broad based consumption tax.

Others seem to think that the current proposal is on the money.

Yeah nah, consumption taxes affect most those that spend the greater percentage of their income.

That's the poor. The broader the base, the more regressive it becomes.

Bandwagon

Staff member
He made family members staffers. That’s murky.

He made family property, official government property. That’s swampy.

He lied his ring off on virtually everything and destroyed a lot of people’s faith in politicians. That’s ploppy.

He showed zero policy nous and made all decisions based on self interest. That’s what he criticised previous politicians for doing, yet he perfected it.

He tried to change what many thought was a broken model but offered a bleaker alternative and ultimately left the system in further need of repair. That’s boggy.

I hope Biden governs for all Americans and restores some decency to the office. Trump has been a horrible experiment by any sensible measure. I also hope Trump finds another play thing so that the Republican Party can properly rebuild and once again stand for the values that have made them so important over the years.

You gotta wonder when the GOP gets to the point that they realise the potential damage they are doing to themselves with their uncritical support for Trumps actions from senior leadership.

I'm going with the day after the Georgia senate runoffs.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You gotta wonder when the GOP gets to the point that they realise the potential damage they are doing to themselves with their uncritical support for Trumps actions from senior leadership.

I'm going with the day after the Georgia senate runoffs.
Yep. They need to cut him off like an unwelcome dangle berry that no amount of toilet paper will remove from one’s arse hairs.

Eelogical

Referee
Tick, tock, Sidney.

So far Trump has a post election court win/loss record of 1-25.

350.png

Latest posts